Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285749 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #390 on: December 23, 2009, 08:35 AM »
SOunds like the last wave of Secret Wars packs will be:

Absorbing Man & Doctor Doom
Storm & Nightcrawler
Thing & Bulldozer

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #391 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Taking a look at the head sculpt, does yours have the left cheek bone sunken in?  Kind of like someone bashed him in the face with a ball bat, and he had a subsequent stroke? 

I don't know if you'll have any luck with a better head.  The reason he looks like that is because the face was originally sculpted with a cigar in his mouth.  Unfortunately they canned the cigar leaving him with a goofy facial expression.

Just sculpt a stogie for him, stick it in his craw and it will improve his look dramatically...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #392 on: December 23, 2009, 02:39 PM »
SOunds like the last wave of Secret Wars packs will be:

Absorbing Man & Doctor Doom
Storm & Nightcrawler
Thing & Bulldozer

Blech.  Easy pass on all three for me.  Thank goodness we have Thor and Hawkeye in the prior wave.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I saw the Gigantic Battles 2-packs on sale for $13 and some change today.  Just an FYI for those that have been holding out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I saw the Gigantic Battles 2-packs on sale for $13 and some change today.  Just an FYI for those that have been holding out.

Is this the Marvel Universe set with either Skrull/Cap or Goliath/Iron Man?  I made a deal for the cap already, but would love to track down the horned Iron Man and Goliath at those prices.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #395 on: December 28, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Anbody else collect Minimates?  I finished off my Avengers display the other day...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2009, 12:55 PM »

Is this the Marvel Universe set with either Skrull/Cap or Goliath/Iron Man?  I made a deal for the cap already, but would love to track down the horned Iron Man and Goliath at those prices.

Yeah.  I was just coming in here to post that as well.  Our local store (where I hadn't seen these at all previously) had a pile of these on clearance as well for about $13.48.  I sort of wanted the Bucky Cap, so I grabbed that set - and I'm tempted to go back and see if I could pick up the Iron Man one as well once pay day hits.  Not a bad deal at all getting two all-new figures, one of them large, for $13.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2009, 01:11 PM »
Thanks for confirming Brian - couldn't remember if that was the right subline or not in my old age.  I just picked up Bucky loose for $10 from someone last week.   ::)  I didn't really want the Giant Skrull anyway, though I'm sure I could have found some use for him at $3 more.  I do want the Iron Man and Goliath though, so I'll have to check that out at my local WM.  Considering Icons 12" are $20, the $13 is a huge deal!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2009, 04:57 PM »
Good price on those sets. I've got a $10 off coupon for those. Hmm, at only $13 a set and using my $10 coupon, SCORE for $3! I'll check this on the weekend.

Can't wait to get that Thor set. He's one of my favorites.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Where did you track down a $10 coupon for these?   ???

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #400 on: January 3, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I thought I'd start a new thread to talk about all 3.75" Marvel figures.

Today in Walmart I came across a new line of Spider-Man 3.75" figures and bought 2 really sweet figures: Venom and Green Goblin.

link

These fit in really well with the Marvel Universe 3.75" scale.  It's nice to get Venom in this scale, the Marvel Legends Showdown from a while back was basically a flop (literally too much articulation and the figures fall over a lot).

Most of the other figures in these 2 waves are a little hokey for me, but Goblin and Venom in particular are really well done.

Check out the link if you don't know about these already.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 01:42 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #401 on: January 3, 2010, 03:21 PM »
What's with the dirt on Doc Ock's chin?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #402 on: January 3, 2010, 08:17 PM »

That is a soul patch.  They haven't been invented yet in Canada.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #403 on: January 3, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Dressel, how much did those Spidey figures cost? I'm definitely down for the villains from that line, and maybe a Spidey if they're better than the MU version.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #404 on: January 3, 2010, 08:39 PM »

That is a soul patch.  They haven't been invented yet in Canada.

Nope the soul patch is just under the lower lip but above the chin.  Doc Ock's is on the chin, therefore making it part of a goatee.

Like I said, Venom and Goblin are great.  A couple of the spidermans are nice especially the black suit.  But there's a few in there, like Doc Ock, that are hokey.

If you want a 3.75" Doc Ock at the moment, the best way to go is to get your hands on a Marvel Legends Showdown version - that was one of the better figures from that line.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 08:40 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda