Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 412874 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2475 on: February 20, 2007, 11:27 AM »
whatsername is Psylocke but the answer to your question about stands is no. 

Only Hobgoblin released thus far is the first version as an early release in the SC line, don't know where you'd find one now.  The Demogoblin you picked up is just a repainted Hobgoblin though, sculpt is identical I believe.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2476 on: February 20, 2007, 11:32 AM »
There's also this Hobgoblin from SMC 17, depending on what type you are looking for:

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2477 on: February 20, 2007, 12:26 PM »
There's also this Hobgoblin from SMC 17, depending on what type you are looking for:

I like this one. I'm gonna check around. Why does the Demogoblin have the same sculpt as the Hobgoblin? Hobgoblins gear is intact, and his head, cape, and hood are quite different! So confused.

I'll be adding the "New Goblin" from SM3 to my collection, I'm sure. I just wish it would be in 6" scale instead of 5" scale. Perhaps they will make a Marvel Legends version? Who knows.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2478 on: February 20, 2007, 01:31 PM »

D'oh!  Thanks for posting that Brian.  Lordy I'm having a hard time remembering stuff these days :-[  That's a much better (classic look) version IMO, though I do like the original Hobgoblin that was repainted as Demogoblin a lot as well.  I don't think there's any need for Kevin to own both the original and Demogoblin though, same reason I didn't by the latter.

As for why they just repainted the Hobbie to get Demo, the answer is $$ and those are saved by Hasbro (boo). 

I won't be buying anything in a 5" scale, as stated earlier.  I'm just refusing to start over (unless they do a 3.75" line :-X)

This was the first version of the Green Goblin released in the classics line (sorry for small pic, it's the biggest I could find with google):
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:35 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2479 on: February 20, 2007, 01:34 PM »
I will be buying that Symbiote figure, for sure. I figure the symbiote is a puddle of goo anyhow, so it can be an inch shorter, if it's not attached to a person.

Back to the Goblins, I'll check out ebay for the Hobgoblin figure.

Didn't they recently re-release the SM1 Green Goblin?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2480 on: February 20, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Spider-Man Classic Series 2 - Super Posable Hobgoblin

Spider-Man Classic Series 7 - Grenn Goblin

NO PICTURE

Spider-Man Classic Series 17 - Hobgoblin

Villian Series 1 - Hobgoblin

Spider-Man & Friends (Kiddy Toys) - Green Goblin
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2481 on: February 20, 2007, 04:05 PM »
I think the GG from Series 7 and the Villain Series 1 are the same sculpt with only minor paint differences. 

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2482 on: February 20, 2007, 07:27 PM »
If someone is still looking for the wave 17 Hobgoblin, there are 3-4 still sitting in our K-Mart for $6 each I believe.   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:30 PM by Jim »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2483 on: February 21, 2007, 07:40 AM »
Fake Edit: Anyone know if some one makes stands for the Goblin Gliders, like that fellah at Fwoosh made the psycic blades for whats her name? Cheers.

If you are handy with tools you could make a stand similar to the one that built for Unicron from Transformers (seen here). I have this display for my Unicron, but with some work and a willingness to drill a hole in the glider for the support pole a base could easily be made.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2484 on: February 21, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Ashamed to admit I sprung for a Hydroman today. Found it at Walmart on clearance for only $5 and I guess it's worth that much (usually about $10-12 up here). 

Lots of stuff around too at various retailers. 

-I'm pretty much assured that Marvel Legends will die in Canada with the first wave.  It started out with only Walmart getting in bizarre cases with Planet Hulk and Beast only. It progressed to some actual regular cases coming in with the other figures, though still too many of Beast/Hulk.  Today I saw more figures from a single wave of Marvel Legends than I have ever seen in the whole run of the line :o  TRU must have dropped about six cases into a wire basket and another two on the pegs.  Superstore, which carries no toys after Christmas put out cases of them. Walmart had them stacked like they were McFarlane hockey figures :o >:(
It is insane, these will never, ever sell.  I can't imagine these being anything but mass clearanced at $5 by spring and we won't see any re-orders after that.  The only place that might carry them would be TRU, but their policy of not marking stuff down will burn them hard yet again, so they'll be clogged with these forever. 

I'll put out my call for help for wave two already, because the figures ain't showing here before I die.   ::)  Somebody send me a She-Hulk, puhlease. 

Saw the Thor 12" Icon figure and wow, was it ever nice.  I don't intend to buy it, but it sure looked pretty. 

Those Spiderman Mego knockoffs are out in force too.  Saw the usual Spidey assortment, plus the Goblin and Doc Ock, but I saw a Wolverine and a Iron Spiderman today as well.  And no, I didn't buy any of them. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2485 on: February 21, 2007, 12:44 PM »
I'll put out my call for help for wave two already, because the figures ain't showing here before I die.   ::)  Somebody send me a She-Hulk, puhlease. 

Do you want it loose or in package? If you want the She-Hulk and not the Blob BAF piece. I will split the cost with you. I can have it shipped up to you with one of Jeff's packages for you.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2486 on: February 21, 2007, 12:47 PM »
I find my interest diminishing more and more each day. I need to be really impressed on saturday at NYCC to continue buying.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2487 on: February 21, 2007, 02:43 PM »
I'll put out my call for help for wave two already, because the figures ain't showing here before I die.   ::)  Somebody send me a She-Hulk, puhlease. 

Do you want it loose or in package? If you want the She-Hulk and not the Blob BAF piece. I will split the cost with you. I can have it shipped up to you with one of Jeff's packages for you.

Well, I want the Blob BAF but I'm not prepared to buy all the figures to do so.  I guess that means I'll either ebay the pieces, the whole thing, or not own it at all.  So yeah, I'll split the cost with you because a loose figure is fine by me. 

If anyone else is just Blob-ing it, I'm also after the Yellow Jacket and Quicksilver figures.  I could be convinced on Jean Grey as well as I could give that figure to my daughter.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2488 on: February 21, 2007, 02:56 PM »

Well, I want the Blob BAF but I'm not prepared to buy all the figures to do so.  I guess that means I'll either ebay the pieces, the whole thing, or not own it at all.  So yeah, I'll split the cost with you because a loose figure is fine by me. 

If anyone else is just Blob-ing it, I'm also after the Yellow Jacket and Quicksilver figures.  I could be convinced on Jean Grey as well as I could give that figure to my daughter.

Got your Yellow Jacket figure covered too. I am just building Blob. I don't want any of the figures other than Zorn & Quicksilver

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2489 on: February 21, 2007, 03:27 PM »
I just buy the Avengers figs, so I'm stoked about wave 2.  I'll be getting Quicksilver, She-Hulk, and Yellowjacket.  If anyone needs the blob pieces from these, just let me know.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today