Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409647 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2003, 02:55 PM »
I'm excited to finally see Series 5 at retail.  While I've passed on the X-Men set, and Urban Legends so far, I can't wait to buy Colossus and Sabretooth.  Those two are coming home with me as soon as I see them.  I'm gonna space out buying all the rest.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #91 on: December 1, 2003, 03:36 PM »
I just went ahead and bought a Skull on eBay, the less shopping I have to do the better and if I can get another I know of a Canucklehead who would gladly take one

Anyone still need a Goliath?  I may have a couple coming to me which I ordered off of Amazon, I'll wait and see what actually comes

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #92 on: December 1, 2003, 04:23 PM »
After more booze?  You know I'll make that trade.  

Our Walmarts are totally depopulated of toys with only 23 shoppping days left.  Completely weird.  HOping they restock with ML5 rather than the few ML3 left lying around or bringing in ML4.  I wouldn't mind finding a Goliath at retail, but would prefer saving some shipping costs and customs fees if I could get my own ML5 in a timely fashion.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #93 on: December 1, 2003, 05:51 PM »
No luck here. The shelves are filled with Punishers and Beasts.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #94 on: December 2, 2003, 08:54 AM »

Anyone still need a Goliath?  I may have a couple coming to me which I ordered off of Amazon, I'll wait and see what actually comes

I'll take a Goliath if you have an extra, Scott.  And let me know if you get Brent that Red Skull.  He's holding a Doom for me and Red Skull's his first choice.  If he already has it coming, I'll keep my eyes open for his other wishes.  That ok with you, Brent?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #95 on: December 2, 2003, 10:56 AM »
Mike,
don't sweat the red skull.  Anything you see is fine by me.  Grab whatever you find.  I expect I'll grab this whole wave.  PM me your address btw, I want doom out of my trunk ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #96 on: December 2, 2003, 11:08 AM »
I found Series 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I got Colossus, Silver Surfer, and Red Skull and Mr. Fantatsic.  They are awesome when they are in your hands i got mine at TRU last night, in California, so yea. I am still looking for Blade though?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #97 on: December 2, 2003, 11:36 AM »
Mikey...if you want to do Silver Surfer and Sabretooth for the other Goliath (if I get them) I'm down with that.  I should have the package on Thursday so I'll let you and Brent know.  I'll keep my eyes open for Skull too but I am not too hip on searching right now with the Holidays and all

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #98 on: December 3, 2003, 04:35 PM »
Just scored Sabertooth, Colossus, Mr. Fantastic and Nick Fury within the past half hour.  Cool figures!  I'm still wondering why I left the Silver Surfer behind.

Feedback

Offline Phil

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #99 on: December 3, 2003, 05:09 PM »
I found Silver Surfer but haven't seen any of the other wave 5 figs.  In fact I have seen 5 Silver Surfers, I'm wondering why no buys him either.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #100 on: December 3, 2003, 05:11 PM »
I guess I left him because there were three of him.  I figure I'll get him some other time.  Anyway, I didn't see Blade or the Red Skull there either.

Now I'm wondering what I'm doing online, and not opening these figures?!

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #101 on: December 3, 2003, 05:12 PM »
I just had a question for those of you that collect Marvel Legends.  Although I only pick up the X-Men from this line, space is still at a premium in our office (where the Star Wars collection resides).  I have my ML figs out too, but am running out of space fast and thought about putting the bases away to save a little bit of room.  Do you display your with your bases, or without?  Some of them look pretty nice, so it is nice to have them out, but they do take up a little more room in some cases.  Just curious what some of you do :).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #102 on: December 3, 2003, 05:19 PM »
I'm running into a real estate problem too, so you're not alone.  With the X-Men, I actually feel pretty strong about displaying them with the bases.  Especially since Gambit, Magneto, Colossus and Sabertooth all come with the various sections of a smashed Sentinel.

As for the rest, I decide on a case by case basis to display with or without the base.  The Human Torch is one I definitely would not want to display without the base.  He's a lot more "in-character" with his base rather than without it.  Doctor Doom is another I prefer to display with the base, but moreso because I like that base a lot more than some of the others.  The same goes for Thor.  A lot of the other bases are non-descript enough that I don't really mind displaying them without their bases.

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #103 on: December 8, 2003, 02:00 PM »
Blade 2 is pretty sweet in the package i must say, CMDstore has it in stock along with the rest of series 5.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2003, 12:23 PM »
Wave V is starting to show up at Targets around the US...can't wait to hear what is in store for Wave VI and VII rumor has it they will be announced at Toy Fair which is only 45 days away!

Saw Spiderman 2 toys at Target the other night...no Doc Ock, plenty of Spideys

Also sounds like X-Men and Hulk and Spidey Classics are starting to hit around the US as well...happy hunting!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 12:24 PM by OCB »