Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302678 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Awesome setups JoT. Be sure to update when your other twenty or so clones join the battle. Hasbro can't repaint/update this clone fast enough. At least they invested in ARC gear early on, so hopefully we'll get a basic blue ARC within a year or two.

Thanks and no problemo! I just ordered another 12 this morning. By the weekend I will  have 47 in my army. I hope to see the Red, Blue, Green and Yellow basic clones ASAP. Get this figure on a Saga Legends card ASAP! You would see SL assortments fly off the shelf. Also get the Tan BD 2 packs in place in SL and now you are talking.

My God, I wish the Vintage Phase 2 clone looked that good.

What a royal letdown by Hasbro... I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but this whole ordeal pisses me right off.

You do not sound like a broken record, not at all. It is such a glaring mistake/letdown of a miss opportunity it's almost unbelievable. They should have delayed the release and put another figure in his place until the new tool was ready.  No doubt this figure will look great in the Phase 2 helmet in the next wave once we get the 501st. I am currently dumping those too. Hasbro should do a running change with the basic White Clone. People would actually want it then.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2011, 01:50 PM »
Already up to 47? Wow... not that I blame you, if I had the disposable income for it, I might do the same.  I should be up to about 12 by the weekend, which I think is enough P1 clones for me.

I'm not so sure that Hasbro's going to do a good job with the P2 helmet though, the pic of the Vintage 501st one has me nervous, it just doesn't look as good as the helmet from the ROTS #41 clone.

I might try and get about 10 more of the new mold P1 version, and put that older helmet on it.  Might be a pain to do since the knob won't fit naturally (yes, I know how that sounds), but I think I have an idea that will work.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2011, 02:05 PM »
As I mentioned, the only reason why I made these large purchases is I liquidated my all of my old ones to pay for the new ones, plus I save setting aside specific hobby money well in advance. I am a pay as you go collector and will not buy something if I cannot pay for it immediately. I was surprised how fast I was able to sell them, if you make the switch you can still get a good price on your old clones ($4-$5 each, I paid $5 for the bulk so for 6-3 yr figures that's not bad!) I will now wait for deals, retail and future cases to continue build these up.

I am optimistic on the upcoming Phase 2 helmet on this body but to quote my favorite President "Trust, but verify". After the W5 bobble head Stormtrooper you never know.

To keep this on topic I found x2 AT-RT Drivers at WM. It's worth noting the Target and WM I went to had empty pegs, even the Sandtroopers and Lemon head clones were gone.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Hmmm... I heard that some Wal-Marts in Missouri all of a sudden have none of those lemon clones/sandies either... maybe reps are indeed pulling them? 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Hmmm... I heard that some Wal-Marts in Missouri all of a sudden have none of those lemon clones/sandies either... maybe reps are indeed pulling them? 

Well, at my local WM, the Iron Man stuff was plastered with "Save $1 Instantly" and "Save $2 Instantly" and that is a coupon that is being applied by the Hasbro folks to try to help with moving the IM2 product that is just rotting on the pegs.

So my point is that my WalMart has been recently visited by Hasbro folks, but we're still clogged with Vintage Collection Sandtroopers and ROTS White Clonetroopers.

So either my area's Hasbro reps are (a) lazy; (b) there is no mandate nation-wide; or (c) there is a mandate and the local NJ Hasbro folks didn't know about it when they visited my store yesterday....

It would be great if they did pull all of those figures - it would mean our vintage pegs were empty and ready to be refilled by Wave 6 and Wave 7 cases.  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2011, 03:43 PM »
jeez Jack you've been busy.  so a little hard to tell with the kama's/pauldrons on but the ARC's you have pic'd are they the new clones with legs boil n pop'd with the original ARC's?  OR are those just the normal ARC troopers.  And by the way color me jealous of not only the army of new clones but also the Kota militia troops and the killer displays u got going on them AWESOME.  Care to share who  the Ebay seller is for the clones?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2011, 05:17 PM »
jeez Jack you've been busy.  so a little hard to tell with the kama's/pauldrons on but the ARC's you have pic'd are they the new clones with legs boil n pop'd with the original ARC's?  OR are those just the normal ARC troopers.  And by the way color me jealous of not only the army of new clones but also the Kota militia troops and the killer displays u got going on them AWESOME.  Care to share who  the Ebay seller is for the clones?

Not too busy, I actually built this army in 5 days and sold all of my old stuff within 7 days. (Sorting my old Clones took the longest amount of time.). To answer your question on the ARC in the Octapurra shot he is the standard CP Alpha ARC (I also use that CP Obi head on my BAD CW Armored Obi-Wan, it looks so much better) The two Troopers on the right side of the pic with the Blue Pauldrens (One has the huge bazooka the other has two guns) are indeed the new Clone. The head unmasked looks too small with them on but once the Helmet is on they look natural. The CW clone backpack fits nicely on this clone you can see that one on the right side.

Thanks for the compliments on the displays, I have 8 Kota Troopers 6 courtesy of Tunghori. Here is the link to the ebay seller:    
comics-and-toys   I bought 26 of his 36, someone else beat me to the other 10. I would have bought them but I waited until my last Clone auction ended to fund the next batch. He is currently sold out but he hooked my up because of the quantity I bought.

I am very happy with this seller, he ships same day and is 1 state away so I get them quick! He even has some EE CP's in stock for $17.99 with free shipping! Some of his figures are retail price, some are below and some higher but if you factor gas, endless searches, crappy retail a few extra bucks are worth it. He has nice quantities too! BTW - He shipped 14 MOC figures for $7.95 via USPS.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:29 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2011, 06:23 PM »
I need to complain here more often: Found a case/remnants of Wave 6 at Wal-Mart today. Snagged General Lando, Senate Guard and the new AOTC Clone. Passed on Dagobah Luke and Weequay.

I'm kind of ashamed since I said I was going to take a break due to the high prices, but I guess you can't just quit this stuff cold turkey.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2011, 12:57 AM »
I'm kind of ashamed since I said I was going to take a break due to the high prices, but I guess you can't just quit this stuff cold turkey.

I said it many times on this site, Star Wars figure collecting is like being in an abusive relationship. No matter how much the hobby treats you like crap you keep coming back for more believing "it will be different this time". This hobby is such a dark comedy, we all moan and groan about it from time to time yet we all come back to discuss the recent purchase. So let your heart not be troubled, we understand.

Shame is left at the door once you enter the forums since the majority of us are grown adults with kids. I make myself feel better because I am a professional Toy Designer for 11 years and use this stuff for inspiration. At least that is what I tell myself to justify buying 50 of one trooper. It helps me sleep at night.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2011, 01:09 AM »
Sounds just like my redefining "play" with "pose".  Nice try though JACK.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2011, 08:26 AM »
I got a Weequay over the weekend.  What's with the head shape?  Since when are the Weequay the Crystal Skull aliens?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37 AM »
Since when are the Weequay the Crystal Skull aliens?

Since always... ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Huh, there it is.  Way to go Hasbro on accuracy up to this point.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Since a lot of masks were off the same molds, I wonder if all the Weequay have the oblong head, or just some?  Also wonder if it's the same for Prequal Weequay now as well.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Woo Hoo! I actually found one Padme fro AOTC on the pegs.

So now I have seen 1 wave 4 figure
3 wave 5 figures
0 wave 6 figures
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com