Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77771 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2011, 03:25 PM »
Finally saw the WalMart exclusive Thor figures.  MEH.

Still trying to find King Loki & Laufey though.  And also trying to find someone who might be interested in splitting a case of the Thor Deluxe figures.  Each case includes TWO Heimdalls.

What elese is in the case Nick?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2011, 04:22 PM »
I have Heimdall.  Don't splurge too much.  The articulation is limited and it's not even the comic version.  I'll post pics soon.  Just ate so much turkey.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Finally saw the WalMart exclusive Thor figures.  MEH.

Still trying to find King Loki & Laufey though.  And also trying to find someone who might be interested in splitting a case of the Thor Deluxe figures.  Each case includes TWO Heimdalls.

What elese is in the case Nick?

2 x Heimdall's, 3 x Lightning Fury Thor's & 1 x Blaster Armor Thor.  Here's the listing.  The case is $84.99, and I need all three deluxe figures in the set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 6, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to post pictures of what I was trying to say about Heimdall.

Here's a couple pics:

You can see in the first pic the kind of elbow joints Hasbro gave the figure.  It doesn't allow for any movement but a flex of the bicep, which makes most cool poses impossible.  If you want to get him and just post him with his sword at his side, he's okay.  The other thing is, he's not even the comic version.  Not that I don't love Charles from his season on the office.  Or his being chased around by Ali Larter in Obsessed.  I mean who doesn't love that.  But in Heimdall armor, not so much.

In other news, finally got an opener Sif today at TRU.  Place was a damn zoo at lunchtime but they still had the 2 for 12.99 signs up, so I grabbed an ethnic variant Endor Rebel and got both for $13.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 7, 2011, 11:37 AM »
You forgot to mention his role as "Stringer Bell" from the HBO series "The Wire".  If you haven't ever seen that show do yourself a favor and watch all 5 seasons.  Best. Show. Ever.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 7, 2011, 07:07 PM »
You forgot to mention his role as "Stringer Bell" from the HBO series "The Wire".  If you haven't ever seen that show do yourself a favor and watch all 5 seasons.  Best. Show. Ever.

I loved the Simpsons joke about that show last week, where they basically made fun of the fact that so many people tout it but almost no one actually watched it when it was on.

Quality stuff though, for sure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 8, 2011, 11:07 AM »
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/120811_Ds_TRU_XMas_DOTD2.pdf?csm=235548018&csc=1836507&csa=237007640&csu=1850330&camp=CME:EM120811A%2520Christmas%2520DOD

BOGOF on all Ironman/Thor figures at TRU - it says 12/08/11, but the email i got from them said 12/07-12/10 so i dunno...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 8, 2011, 11:45 AM »
My TRU finally got a case of wave 4 like other stores I keep hearing reports about.  Unfortunately someone already nabbed Sif   :'(

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2012, 07:03 PM »
I can"t be certain of this but it looks to me like my local TRU put out another case of Wave 4, the Sif wave, upfront with the Avengers display.  Sif was gone, but two black Destroyers were there.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 2, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Well, hopefully someone on this board can help me out, apparently the Laufey and King Loki wave is now starting to pop into TJ Max and Marshall stores.  I would be very grateful if someone were able to nab the pair of these guys, or even just Laufey for me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 2, 2012, 08:01 AM »
Well, hopefully someone on this board can help me out, apparently the Laufey and King Loki wave is now starting to pop into TJ Max and Marshall stores.  I would be very grateful if someone were able to nab the pair of these guys, or even just Laufey for me.

I'll keep a lookout.  Is Sif in that wave?  Still holding out hope of finding her....
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 2, 2012, 12:21 PM »
these guys were in wave 3, Sif was in wave 4

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 2, 2012, 02:57 PM »
these guys were in wave 3, Sif was in wave 4

Drat.  Well, I'll keep an eye out for you all the same. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 2, 2012, 09:42 PM »
I'm going to be hitting TJ Maxx with a vengeance.  I was never able to find Laufey or King Loki.  And I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Sif.  I was lucky and found her at TRU, but only once.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 3, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I'm going to be hitting TJ Maxx with a vengeance.  I was never able to find Laufey or King Loki.  And I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Sif.  I was lucky and found her at TRU, but only once.

If you come up with an extra Laufey I would be interested   8).  I have been going daily to my closest TJ Max/Marshalls and still nothing.  I have only seen one Sentinel and it was at Marshalls and it was the Silver one.

So I think my local stores suck for toys.