Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77603 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #150 on: August 3, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Sorry to go OT, but how much are Sentinels going for at Marshall's?  I wouldn't mind adding a couple; I don't care if they're silver.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 3, 2012, 09:52 PM »
I'm going to be hitting TJ Maxx with a vengeance.  I was never able to find Laufey or King Loki.  And I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Sif.  I was lucky and found her at TRU, but only once.

If you come up with an extra Laufey I would be interested   8).  I have been going daily to my closest TJ Max/Marshalls and still nothing.  I have only seen one Sentinel and it was at Marshalls and it was the Silver one.

So I think my local stores suck for toys.

I haven't found any sign of Thor figures at TJ Maxx near me.  I've seen figures from the Iron Man 2 and Captain America lines, but not Thor.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 4, 2012, 01:48 AM »
Sorry to go OT, but how much are Sentinels going for at Marshall's?  I wouldn't mind adding a couple; I don't care if they're silver.

$30

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 8, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Grrr.....  stopped by Marshalls today to see that they had 5 figures on the pegs, but none being King Loki or Laufey.  I just want to find these and be done with those stores!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 8, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Grrr.....  stopped by Marshalls today to see that they had 5 figures on the pegs, but none being King Loki or Laufey.  I just want to find these and be done with those stores!

Which did they have?  There are some key figures that will let you know whether Laufey or Loki were there.

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 8, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Volstag and the Grey Destroyer - I asked an employee to check the back for me as I was hoping they maybe left some in the back since the peg was full, so the girl checked but came back empty handed.

I havent heard any other reports of these stores getting any other cases other than wave 3 yet

here is the case breakdown for those wondering:

« Last Edit: August 8, 2012, 07:17 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 8, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Hmm.  There's the potential that it could have been wave 2, possibly.  Did you see Thor with the helmet, Fandral or Hogun?
« Last Edit: August 8, 2012, 07:20 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 8, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Found King Laufey and King Loki x 2 at TJ Maxx today.

Amazing really, $5.99 each.  They go for a grip on eBay.  Cheap thrill.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 9, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Found King Laufey and King Loki x 2 at TJ Maxx today.

Amazing really, $5.99 each.  They go for a grip on eBay.  Cheap thrill.

How about cheapening that thrill even further and sending one of those Laufeys my way?
:)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 9, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Found King Loki today at a TJ Maxx store today.  Still hunting for Laufey, though.

It looks like these were part of either a Wave 2 or 3 case, because I also saw Hogun and Volstagg.  I'm starting to think that TJ Maxx might not be shipping whole cases to stores, because I haven't seen any indications of a whole case so far.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2012, 01:34 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2012, 07:19 AM »
yeah, I am pretty sure they do not send whole cases to stores  :(

I have been looking at some ebay auctions and I am noticing some of the collectors from marvelousnews.com are putting these figures up for sale as they are finding them.  That stinks.  Wish they would help out.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2012, 03:03 PM »
I went out again looking today.  Someone picked up the Destroyer at Marshalls yesterday, and nothing new there today.  At TJ Max there were two figures on the pegs that we not there the day before - Thor and Odin...........  So either someone beat me to it, or they only got two figures.........

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2012, 06:03 PM »
I just won a Laufey off EBay for $15 shipped. I am tired of going around to those 2 stores looking
I will skip on King Loki, the Avengers one is good enough for me. Now I can say I am done with the Thor line

I normally dont feed the ebay, but I basically have been forced to paying a little more and ordering online for just about everything this year I figured I would do it again while my pants were still down..........  Now I dont have to pay for the gas on daily trips to those two stores looking for him.

Other than the Ewok sets at Kmart and TRU, I think I am done with retail for a LONG TIME.  Until the Hobbit line comes out....

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2012, 06:59 PM »
If anyone has an extra Laufey, I've got an extra Avengers Black Widow up for trade!

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2012, 07:16 PM »
yeah, I am pretty sure they do not send whole cases to stores  :(

I have been looking at some ebay auctions and I am noticing some of the collectors from marvelousnews.com are putting these figures up for sale as they are finding them.  That stinks.  Wish they would help out.

I'm getting a little less judgmental about that kind of thing.  It's one thing for basement dwellers who scalp for scalping's sake; but this hobby is getting so damn expensive, I'm no longer as critical about fellow collectors who offset the expense by recouping some of the cost if they get lucky with a find by putting it up on the secondary market.  Fortunately, I never find anything good that I don't need myself, so I haven't been personally confronted with the moral dilemma of what to do in such a situation, but I'm not going to begrudge fellow collectors who occasionally make a buck or two back on eBay.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:17 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."