Author Topic: 2010 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 28866 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
2010 Saga Legends Figures
« on: August 3, 2010, 03:47 AM »
I figured it's a good time to maybe talk about some of the 2010 Legends figures as we got images of what appear to be the re-issue of the new Battledroid sculpts.

Here's some pics...

Click each image to check them out!

So, this sorta seems to answer whether or not the eyes are being fixed on the battledroids...  At least so long as these hold up as production figures.  Kind of weird that one seems fixed, and the other isn't fixed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Legends Figures
« Reply #1 on: August 3, 2010, 08:54 AM »
May not be that weird. Consider that the regular (non-officer) red battle droid is part of the upcoming second wave of Geonosis Arena two-packs. The recent shots of those figures show the droid with corrected eyes. The officer droid isn't in those packs, and so they may not have changed the spray ops for it.

I've yet to see the droid 2-pack. I have a feeling it's going to be harder to find than other Legends. The previous ,barely articulated battle droid 2-pack releases were never peg warmers, not around here anyway.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2010, 11:08 AM »
I've seen a total of six of these across two different TRU stores last week (found Clone Wars Deluxe Wave Two also) - the eyes on both droids were the huge ones.  Hopefully there's a running change coming... I passed on these because the eyes were horrid.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2010, 12:04 PM »
I saw them at TRU last week and I'll ditto what Chew said - both droids had the big round eyes on them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #4 on: August 3, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Regarding the article on the front page about the eyes, according to the Hasbro panel at SDCC, the eyes have been fixed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 3, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Regarding the article on the front page about the eyes, according to the Hasbro panel at SDCC, the eyes have been fixed.

Mixed reports have indicated that one of the droid figure's eyes have been corrected, but the other figure still has large eyes. Other reports have said there's been no change at all. Hasbro's good at breaking promises. ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: August 3, 2010, 01:43 PM »
I can confirm this. I received this from BBTS 3 weeks ago. The Commanders eyes are still huge but the regular droid does have eyes again. I thought this was old news or else I would have posted.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 3, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Jack, you're talking about the Legends 2-pk, not the Target exclusive packs - right?

Maybe there's a running change.  I've seen 6 sets at 2 different TRU stores, and all had the huge eyes.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 4, 2010, 12:03 AM »
I too visited my local Target, and they had a healthy assortment of brand-spanking-new SL, including the Battle Droid 2-packs. They all had huge eyes :(.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 4, 2010, 04:29 PM »
I have seen the new Battle Droid Legends 2-pk at Target now too, with huge eyes on both droids.

But, I'm still confused by Jack's post (sorry). 

Jack, you appear to be saying it has eyes now present (all the ones I've seen do too, but they are huge).  My question is, is the one you received from BBTS regular size eyes for a battle droid, or oversized like the Commander? 

Also, sorry this is in the wrong thread - maybe a mod can move the last few posts to the Legends thread if needed.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Found two sets today, both big eyed.

Got one set. Fairly soft plastic, but decent enough. These are the first new Battle Droids I've gotten since Episode 1 stuff went on clearance. The later molds never seemed worh the money, and I've never been a fan of the droid design especially. Decent figures (I read their necks are technically backwards from the movie), I might get more so my clone finally have something to shoot at besides Jedi.

My pack included the old weapons assortment, so I got a battle droid gun with the tab, and I tried plugging into the trooper's pack but it's too loose to stay in. Bummer.

I don't understand the card game, how do Battle Droids have force ability, and bonus force ability, too?  LUCASFILM GREENLIGHTED THAT??  :o
 ;)

The Hoth Chewie looks kinda dumb, btw. Still haven't seen IG-88.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 07:58 PM »
I don't understand the card game, how do Battle Droids have force ability, and bonus force ability, too?  LUCASFILM GREENLIGHTED THAT??  :o
 ;)

I thought that Hasbro would make these stats reasonable so that it stands out from your typical little kid game, but I can see that they did not.

Like, for example, Vader's stats would come across as very high, but they are actually pretty low when you compare them to, say, Chewbacca or somebody else.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 01:03 PM »
Even though I know Hasbro said that they were done with running changes to existing figures (instead opting to simply do them as "new" figures under a new item number, etc), I'd really like to see the Battle Droid two pack rereleased in the non-red (TPM or ROTS) colors.  While I still plan on getting a few more of the Geonosis versions, I'd probably really go nuts on the seemingly more prevalent "tan" versions from the films.  That two pack really is one of the best deals out there right now, since you get two (effectively) super-articulated figures, extra weapons, and two stands for the same price as one figure, one stand, and no extra weapons in the CW animated lineup.

And speaking of SL, has Hasbro given a reason why other popular army builders (namely the VOTC/30AC Stormtrooper and/or 212th Battalion Clone Trooper) haven't been cycled into the SL line yet?  You'd think they'd want a generic Stormtrooper out in some shape, form or fashion with the increased focus on ESB this year. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 08:00 PM »
I agree with you Doc - that Battledroid 2-pack in the Saga Legends line is really a great value.

I've picked up three to open so far. I'm probably going to cap what I buy at one more set, but if they did a running change to the tan color droids from TPM, I would be all over those in a heartbeat as well.

Like you said, I know that Hasbro has said that they were not going to do any more running changes after all of the problems they had with the Imperial Scanning Trooper and the Hoth Rebel Trooper, but in this instance, it really would just be a plastic coloring change.

I would definitely want the tan color before they got into the various color variations present in ROTS though. I doubt I'd buy as many sets of the green cammo version if they did those instead.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 08:34 PM »
How about a seperate release of the khaki/tan droid? Or is it because there's only one of that battle droid tooling? I guess they have duplicate clone trooper molds, hence the shock trooper, 501st and white ROTS clone all shipping in Legends at the same time.  Or is it their strange "no new figures on Legends card backs" stance (IIRC, they said something like that)...since changing the color would make them new?

They seem to stubbornly refuse to put VOTC Stormtrooper in legends, acting like the clean Sandtrooper was good enough. Lack of Utapau Clone is strange, given how much attention they give Commander Cody in the regular and especialy in the clone wars series (you'd think they'd reissued his 212th clone there, too).  Run off some of that comic book pack Utapau clone and...who we kidding, they have plan a year in advance for even a simple reissue on a new card.