Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556425 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1095 on: November 25, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Almost forgot to mention the excellent casting last night: Enver Gjokaj from Dollhouse as the erstwhile Pete, and Kirk Acevedo from Fringe as Tank Boy Mitch. Good to see those guys again.

Fred Armisen is a little squirmy but Martinez was money on "TD". I expect at least one casualty from the mid-season finale to show up next week as a surprise guest too.

I think this will be the epidode where Herscel buys the farm

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1096 on: November 27, 2013, 02:04 AM »
The S1 tank was an attempt to make a tank look like an Abrams...  I appreciated that.  This one, not so much.   :-\

Weird episode...  not their best work but was kind of interesting with all the "newness" of these various groups...

Talking Dead was again above par this week I felt.  Good guests having good discussion of what if's and what could be's.

I find his complete turn back to being the dick he was, and going after the prison again, sort of cheap...  I'm hopeful there's some twist here we've not yet been shown that may have to do with the fence feeder, or the slaughtered camp of people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 27, 2013, 07:37 AM »
What was with the mudpit zombies? Was that just the gov realizing that it was too zombified out there to put his new family in danger?

Also not sure what the point in the cabin full of heads was.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1098 on: November 27, 2013, 08:52 AM »
What was with the mudpit zombies? Was that just the gov realizing that it was too zombified out there to put his new family in danger?

I think it was a no-way-out moment.

Also not sure what the point in the cabin full of heads was.

Reminding the Gov who he really is.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1099 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35 PM »
I second both those...  The cabin with the guy with a zombie family he kept around was very parallel for old gov.  The mud zombies are you being stuck like them.  I think he realizes now he has a second chance with a family and wants more than ever to make it work but I think their being alive makes home more dangerous than he ever was.  He's Ricks opposite....  He's Shane if Shane had his own family to protect and broke off from rick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Hopefully they wrap up the Gov and prison parts with the mid-season finale by having the 'huge' fight they promised at the end of season 3; new comic characters are set to debut in the second half of the season so I hope that means rick and the gang abandon the prison and head towards the supposed safe zone in Arlington.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 1, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Afterwards on Talking Dead tonight the guests will be creator Robert Kirkman, actress Lauren Cohan (my dream girl) who plays Maggie and a surprise guest star. I don't think Maggie will get killed off, my guess is whomever is the guest star will be the character who gets killed off. Could be hershel, sasha, bob the drunk medic, one of the two new women with the Gov, or unlikely Glenn.
The only people I 'think' are safe: Rick, Carl, Daryl, Tyreese or Michonne. But we'll just have to wait to see; AMC will run a season 4 marathon today leading up to the mid-season finale.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 1, 2013, 11:56 AM »
Agreed on the mystery guest.

My current odds:

Judith 2:1
Mitch 3:1
Hershel 3:1
Hershel's other daughter who is NOT named Maggie 4:1
Crazy medic Bob 4:1
Maggie and/or Glenn 6:1
Phillip 10:1
Anyone else 20:1

I can't see them doing Sasha after Tyreese is still reeling from Karen's death, but who knows. She could be a good candidate too. At least Carol is safe. Not so sure about her girls though...

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 1, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Re:  Tyreese's reaction to the Carol situation:  I have been mulling this over for a while and after re-watching the season premier on the WD Marathon today I have come to this conclusion:  I am not convinced that Tyreese would/will react violently to Carol.  I think he will feel remorse that she was sent away and that the group could suffer from her banishment.  In the premier he couldn't stomach killing the walkers at the fence - and he didn't like the violence they encountered on the run.  I think he is more even-keeled than people are giving him credit for.  It will be interesting to see both Daryl and Tyreese's reaction to the news. 

On a side note - I hope Philip bites it tonight.  I never like his storyline............
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1104 on: December 1, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Watching the marathon now, catching up with this season. Work-n-stuff has kept me so busy, I haven't even had any of it spoiled for me!  :D

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1105 on: December 1, 2013, 10:15 PM »
So... I thought I was watching a re-run of the first prison battle.  :-\

Cool to see Hershel go Obi-Wan at the end, but once again the show ditches the moral center and best actor on the show. Governor's death was lame IMHO.

I have two copies of the Vol. 1 Compendium, I need to get around to reading that.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 1, 2013, 10:24 PM »
I was satisfied with the mid-season finale, and I marked out pretty hard when Governor took the sword, and also during Daryl's shenanigans during the shootout. Sad to see Hershel go out though, and in one of the more gruesome deaths too.

Kind of a mediocre half-season though when you look at the big picture. Outside of these last 2/3 episodes and Carol getting the boot from Rick, I can't remember anything that happened.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1107 on: December 1, 2013, 10:24 PM »
I knew it wasn't going to happen but I was totally pulling for the massive swerve and the governor winning  >:D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 1, 2013, 10:41 PM »
Ok, how stupid are the people with the governor? 

Think about this for a second.  Yes, you have a tank, that's majorly cool.  It's also extremely powerful.  And destructive.  Destructive?  Yes, destructive. 

What in the world is the point of shooting shells at the ******* prison walls?  Aren't you idiots going to live there and isn't a secure structure just a wee ******* bit more secure against the living dead than walls that are crumbling or in some cases no longer there because you took Mr. Boomboom and blew them up?  Morons.

Enjoyed the show, sad to see Hershel go.  Happy the governor is dead.  Happy most of the people now following him are dead because frankly they weren't very bright as a group.   ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 1, 2013, 10:42 PM »
Holy Crap!

What an amazing mid-season finale, so many things happened! I'm gonna have to post like 5 times just to recall everything.

Top 5 TV deaths ever! I agree it could have been a little more severe, I was screaming for decapitation, or at the very least ripped apart by walkers. I'll take it though, sayonara SOB!

Darryl drilling Mitch - awesome! (Grenade in the tank turret, also awesome)

Those girls saving Tyreese's ass, totally, totally awesome!

Overall, was a much better assault than the previous Woodbury effort, was more in line with what I was expecting. We even got the obligatory "Kill them all!" line. :)

Hard to sort out who ended up where, we definitely got Rick and Carl on the road at the end, and those peeps on the bus, including Glenn. Definitely need to watch the re-run.

{Hey, that 1971 M60 tank was used in Vietnam, thanks Talking Dead!}

Also liked: Rick's speech, and Hershel's smile at the end. Sad to see him go, I agree it is tough to keep losing the good actors and part of the core group at that. I guess Judith could be alive if someone with bloody hands had just grabbed her out of the car seat, didn't have to have been her blood.

The rodent dissection was very disturbing, definitely some escalating behavior going on there. And what WAS in Bob's secret shoe box? The booze or maybe something creepier?

Bring on Arlington!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy