Author Topic: The Avengers: The Toys  (Read 108083 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avengers: The Toys
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2012, 02:08 PM »
Slight delay in getting to the Times Square TRU.  I should get down there in the next few days.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Im ready for the next wave and the announcement of the secret villain
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I guess I missed the announcement, but how do we know there is going to be a secret villain?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2012, 09:32 AM »
I picked up the "unmasked" Rocket Grenade Cap, mostly so I could use the head for customs, but it's not a bad figure. I'd prefer wrist or torso articulation over ball-jointed hips, but I don't miss the lack of ankles at all.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:34 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2012, 04:53 PM »
I picked up the "unmasked" Rocket Grenade Cap, mostly so I could use the head for customs, but it's not a bad figure. I'd prefer wrist or torso articulation over ball-jointed hips, but I don't miss the lack of ankles at all.

I picked this one up over the weekend.  It looks pretty cool, but it is also the Captain America movie uniform.

Earlier this afternoon I had the opportunity to check out the Avengers display at the TRU flagship store in Times Square.  I'll be able to post some photos later tonight, but the quick version?

All of wave 1 of the movie figures were on display:  Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk & Loki.  There was also a Quinjet as well as the Helicarrier.  The Quinjet looks cool in person.  The Helicarrier is fairly big, but the scale was obviously a compromise.

As for the new figures?  Those included Nick Fury, the Black Widow and the Chitauri.  It appears that there may be two different Chitauri figures:  a basic version, and a Deluxe version with some kind of speeder vehicle.

And no, I did not see a movie version of Hawkeye in the display.  That was kind of a surprise.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2012, 06:01 PM »
I'm still curious if Black Widow's chest size is accurate and to scale. I might have to ring Scarlett for some verification.  :P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2012, 07:59 PM »

I picked this one up over the weekend.  It looks pretty cool, but it is also the Captain America movie uniform.

Earlier this afternoon I had the opportunity to check out the Avengers display at the TRU flagship store in Times Square.  I'll be able to post some photos later tonight, but the quick version?

All of wave 1 of the movie figures were on display:  Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk & Loki.  There was also a Quinjet as well as the Helicarrier.  The Quinjet looks cool in person.  The Helicarrier is fairly big, but the scale was obviously a compromise.

As for the new figures?  Those included Nick Fury, the Black Widow and the Chitauri.  It appears that there may be two different Chitauri figures:  a basic version, and a Deluxe version with some kind of speeder vehicle.

And no, I did not see a movie version of Hawkeye in the display.  That was kind of a surprise.

So you actually saw Fury, Widow and "Loki's Army" at retail?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2012, 08:00 PM »
At retail?  Yes.  Available to purchase?  No.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2012, 08:28 PM »
At retail?  Yes.  Available to purchase?  No.

(in my best Ed McMahon voice): That is correct, sir!

Jay, there's an Avengers display there, which is pretty cool, but sad that there is no Hawkeye. I guess he's the 'also-was' hero that gets no love or credit... or they just don't have his figure ready to display.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2012, 08:42 PM »
After posting I remember reading of an Avengers display in NYC. I realize now that is the one Nick was speaking about.  :-[  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2012, 09:01 PM »
After posting I remember reading of an Avengers display in NYC. I realize now that is the one Nick was speaking about.  :-[  :P

SORRY!

About a week ago one of the Marvel sites posted a couple of not-so-great images from this display at TRU in Times Square.  I was finally able to take a few photos on my own, and I'll post those a little later.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Here is some of the Times Square TRU display:

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2012, 04:42 AM »
Is it too early to declare this line a bust? My local stores never seemed to get much product last month when they originally hit... they sold through most of their initial cases and appear to have just never restocked, which is odd considering we're like a week away from the movie now and most of the Avengers pegs are either empty or crammed with leftovers from the Thor and Captain America lines. Not a good sign.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Is it too early to declare this line a bust? My local stores never seemed to get much product last month when they originally hit... they sold through most of their initial cases and appear to have just never restocked, which is odd considering we're like a week away from the movie now and most of the Avengers pegs are either empty or crammed with leftovers from the Thor and Captain America lines. Not a good sign.

I don't think you can declare a line as a bust before the movie is even out.  I'd think most of the interest in Avengers will hit after kids have a chance to see it.  I'd also suggest that if they sold out that would be a big win, not a bust.  My local stores still seem to have a lot of these figures left.  I've seen Loki and others at multiple stores now, but can't bring myself to buy any of the figures.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2012, 08:45 AM »
they seem to be selling through decently in my area.  Also a plus, they do not seem to be over shipping the first wave.