Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140125 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm sort of wondering if the other retailers are going to get these or not.  Not any word from WM or Target that I've seen, and you would think they'd want them out there with the movie a couple weeks out now.  I haven't been in our TRU for a week or two now, but every time I've been there it has still just been two pegs of the basic, 3 3/4" figures in the middle of the NECA/etc. action figure aisles, nothing else.  I'd expect they would have at least an endcap display soon with the movie release.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2012, 07:08 PM »
I found a 5-pack of Bilbo, Thorin, Fili, Kili, and Dwalin  at Barnes & Noble today, so if you guys are looking, you might try there.

I'm pretty surprised at the lack of retailers carrying these. I'm personally not interested in the 4" line, but the 6" line, well, I'd like to see them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 2, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Found a big display of these at K-Mart like Jesse mentioned (thanks for the heads up!), so that was nice. Grabbed the 6" versions of Bilbo, Thorin, and Tauriel, and I have to admit, the 4" line looked great. Gandalf and Gollum were like little works of art, so I'll probably go back and grab some of those now.  ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 2, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Finally saw all 5 of the 6" scale figures myself.  These look like they'll mesh nicely with the Toy Biz LOTR line.  Although Gandalf looks a good bit different from the FOTR versions we saw.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 2, 2012, 02:33 PM »
I was going to grab Gandalf and Legolas, but I have so many of them from Toy Biz I didn't want any more. Though I'll probably grab them anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: December 2, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Saw a rack of singles at WM.  Way in the back, not even action figure aisle, hanging off the sideo f the endcap.  $7.88 though.  Cheapest anywhere and nullifies any 2-pack value ultimately really.

The rack of figures is only 2 wide and maybe 4 deep?  No 2-packs or anything else anywhere.  Price is right...  would like to see what the Warg and other bigger sets cost at WM now though.  WOuld their 2-packs be cheaper?  I could rejoice at holding out and maybe pick up one or two for the desk of shame.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2012, 06:46 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 2, 2012, 09:32 PM »
desk of shame?

Still the 2 packs are the best routes to go imo.  If you don't go the 2 pack route you miss out on Ballin (or is it Dwallin?) and Tauriel. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #172 on: December 2, 2012, 09:33 PM »
The Goblin King is Freaking HUGE!  I picked up that set off of TRU...truly amazing

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: December 3, 2012, 01:16 AM »
desk of shame?

Yeah, a catch-all of random nerd figures/toys/trinkets.  Gets a Movie Heroes light-up saber Vader, a Sauron LOTR figure, some little PVC Domo's.

Desk of shame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 3, 2012, 09:44 AM »
ah, I took shame as "bad toys"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: December 4, 2012, 01:48 AM »
Nah, quite the opposite actually.  Toys I'd normally not collect the whole line per se, but had to have just one or two from a line because they're cool.

I do have all the mini PVC Domo's though.  I was hitting the bubble gum machine like I was 6 again.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 5, 2012, 09:05 AM »
Saw some of these at Barnes and Noble last night...couldn't tell if the prices were better or worse than TRU.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Free Shipping When You Order $50+ of In-Stock The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings items @ Entertainment Earth

Reports are that it includes the LEGO stuff too.  And there are also coupon codes you can try to stack on there too...
2012EE5 - $5 off order of $50 or more.
2012EE10 - $10 off order of $90 or more
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2012, 09:44 AM »
excellent deal on these at TRU this week - BOGO 50% off

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2012, 09:04 PM »
I'm still sort of surprised at the toy roll out (or lack of) for these.  I haven't seen anything at WM or Target for these (or read of it elsewhere), and although our TRU slightly expanded their section (though not by much) it still is stuck in the middle of the NECA-type stuff in the back of the store (even on movie release weekend).  I mean, I don't expect that it is exactly an Avengers-style product push, but it really does seem subdued.  Our local TRU has two pegs for the basic figures (which as of Friday was all Bilbo and one Thorin), one peg for the two packs (which was all the Gandalf one), and a couple of the Goblin King packs.  That's about it.  I did pick up the Goblin king pack, but when I got it home my wife said that wasn't coming in our house, so it may be going back :).  Now with this buy one, get one 50% sale it might be better to return it and rebuy it with something else anyways.