Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 140138 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17 PM »
If the two K-marts near me carried these toys, they must've sold out entirely. I think they didn't even carry them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2013, 05:18 PM »
Every store supposedly got the same pre-pack display, but that's just what I was told.  My KM I was at last night had them on an end-cap now because the display sold through fairly well.

The one nearer to me had a lot left in the display yet by comparison.  The display at the further away store wasn't totally with toys, kinda over near automotive.  Weird.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Yeah, heard that after the fact, they weren't necessarily in the section where any human would look for them. I did look around a bit, though.

Oh, well, not rushing back to those stores.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2013, 02:32 PM »
My store had only 2 Fili/Kili sets so I got one of those last night, and 3 Bilbo sets so I grabbed one...  Bilbo does kinda suck.  Good figure, bad sculpt.

Fili/Kili are so non-dwarf it's not even funny.  You can't make a hot dwarf for the ladies but Jackson managed 2.  Funny.

They're good figures though...  I love all the working sheaths and stuff.  If only their knives and throwing axes came out too. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2013, 03:20 AM »
Found a bunch of stuff at KMart on sale today.  I picked up a 2-pack of Legolas and Tauriel.  Would have snagged a 4" Gandalf but they didn't have any.

There was a decent selection of singles and 2-packs and a few 6" figures, but I wasn't interested most of them.  Kind of glad I didn't spend more money on these, I'm kind of disappointed in them.  At least these two, the articulation in the legs is severly hindered and I don't think they work well with their accessories.  The paint jobs, at least, were pretty clean.  Maybe I'd have liked the 6" versions better, I'm just not into that scale.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37 PM »
My only gripe is they really do need softgoods on their figures for sure.  Great leg articulation.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2013, 02:39 PM »
Finished off my first wave collection at K-Mart this week. Worst thing is, nobody touched that display since I raided it in December. Lots of stuff still left, except for the goblin.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18 PM »
I wish the Kmarts around here had these.  I've checked all three stores and see no sign of them anywhere.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2013, 11:29 AM »
K-Mart is running a 50% off Clearance toys sale, so if your store has the Hobbit figures you can get 3 3/4" for $2 per figure, 3 3/4" 2pks and 6" for $4, and Warg sets for $5. It's a shame they didn't carry the Goblin King or Gandalf with Bolg sets.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2013, 04:04 PM »
I went today and grabbed 4 of the Warg sets and 1 Grinnah and 1 Gandalf.

I I returned my $4 Grinnah and my $10 Warg I purchased a couple weeks ago   ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:09 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42 AM »
Time to hit up the AT-ST's too. :P

I'm getting my Warg this week for sure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Went tonight, picked up all the 2-packs again, and Warg, and plan to take back my Thorin and all my 2-packs I had and return 'em.  50% back on all that is nothing to blow snot rockets at.

Picked up extra 2-packs of the dwarves...  gonna debate a 2nd warg this week and a 2-pack of the elves.  Fodder's solid all around so I wanted some extras.

Got an AT-ST too and pondering 2 more of those for customizing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:21 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Score a entire 6" Set for $4 each.  They also had 3 3/4 Figures on sell as well, $2 for singles, $4 for Twin Packs, $5 for the Warg. Made like a bandit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Got last thorin for fodder tonight.  ALL dwarves gone, only elves left.  I'd say half the Wargs gone so got a 2nd.  Still AT-ST's out the ying yang but probabl sold a good 10 or 15.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2013, 08:20 PM »
I set up a quick "Bolg's War Party" display with the extra Wargs and Goblins I got:

As great as it was getting $5 Wargs and $2 Goblins, it's still a shame no REAL army builders got made in the line. I would have loved the Dwarf Warriors or generic Orc Soldiers.