Author Topic: LOTR LEGO  (Read 50173 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: LOTR LEGO
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2014, 02:09 AM »
Orthanc isn't meant to expand, but it'd look awesome with a couple of it cobbled together.  It's not quite as big as I'd like, but it's still sizable.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Just in case anyone is looking for the Pirate Ship Ambush set from LOTR: Return of the King - it's on sale this week at Toys R Us for $90.99 - it's normally $119.99 and sells on Lego Shop@Home for $99.99.

Walmart has it on their site for $90.30 and Target has it on their site for $90.99 - not sure if those are the regular prices or not - or if they've reduced their prices to match Toys R Us.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Just in case anyone is looking for the Pirate Ship Ambush set from LOTR: Return of the King - it's on sale this week at Toys R Us for $90.99 - it's normally $119.99 and sells on Lego Shop@Home for $99.99.

Walmart has it on their site for $90.30 and Target has it on their site for $90.99 - not sure if those are the regular prices or not - or if they've reduced their prices to match Toys R Us.

Pirate Ship was $70 on clearance at many Targets over the Summer (where I got mine) and I believe the same price at Amazon during the recent sales they've had over the holidays which have now sailed at this point.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2014, 10:59 PM »
I paid $70.99 for the Pirate Ship back in November, I don't think it is being retired yet...might be worth waiting a bit

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2014, 12:00 AM »
Yeah I'd bite at that price in a heartbeat...  I want it, but part of me doesn't want it THAT bad since it's a massive spacehog.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Yeah I'd bite at that price in a heartbeat...  I want it, but part of me doesn't want it THAT bad since it's a massive spacehog.

It is, but it's downright miniscule compared to the Imperial Flagship, Queen Anne's Revenge and Black Pearl.

I think I got mine for like $65 from Amazon in November/December. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2014, 01:35 PM »
Entertainment Earth has both the Uruk-hai Army and Gandalf Arrives sets listed as "Coming Soon" - so they must have picked up some close-out or something, I ordered something else for my wife so I threw two of the Uruk-Hai Army set and one of the Gandalf Arrives set into my cart - fingers crossed that they actually get these in.

That leaves me with just the Orc Forge for the 2012 Box Sets. Still trying to decide what to do re: the Poly Bag Mini figs....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52 PM »
Had $7 in Kmart rewards and got another $5 worth that were expiring tomorrow. Hit my local Kmart on the way home and ended up getting the Pirate Ship Ambush set (the only set they had that I already didn't). It was on sale for $76 so factor in the rewards I got it for $64 and change and that included tax. Not as good as some of you were able to do, but still not a bad price.

Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Picked up over the weekend (via eBay)

The Orc Forge ($64 - including shipping)
2x Uruk-Hai w/ballista in polybag
2nd Age Elrond mini-fig in polybag

Once I receive these AND my pre-order from Entertainment Earth for the Uruk-Hai Army and Gandalf Arrives sets - I'll be down to just needing the Tower of Orthanc & Frodo w/Cooking Corner polybag set.

Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2014, 12:58 PM »
Picked up the Tower of Orthanc on Friday to bring my Lego LOTR collection one more step closer to being "complete".

Got it with double VIP points so I'll have a good amount of rewards bucks to put towards the Sandcrawler next month.
Peter

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 3, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Sorry for the stupid question, but I was looking through both LEGO's site and this year's SDCC and Toy Fair coverage, and are there any new Lord of the Rings sets on the way this year?  I know we have at least a couple more for The Hobbit, but wasn't sure about LOTR proper.  I'm guessing this is sort of the last hurrah for both lines since the final movie is out in December?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 3, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I believe LOTR is DOA.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: September 4, 2014, 01:55 AM »
They did this last year iirc where Hobbit's the focus, then LOTR will be back, and so on and so forth.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 9, 2014, 07:34 PM »
They did this last year iirc where Hobbit's the focus, then LOTR will be back, and so on and so forth.

I will be incredibly surprised if that ends up being the case - like iFett said - I believe Lego LOTR is pretty much done. It's not being carried at either WalMart or Target and the stuff doesn't move at Toys R Us...

Peter