Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread  (Read 101231 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Five Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2012, 09:00 AM »
Maybe watching this show late at night on Saturdays is not the best time for me, I can barely remember what happens each week now. Sometimes that's for the best though.

For a second I thought I had tuned into "A Bug's Life" or "Madagascar 3" both of which had that EXACT SAME PLOT DEVICE. A circus?!?! Seriously?

So what was Hondo's big plan for making profit off of Ahsoka anyway? She astutely points out that the Republic would never pay a ransom and the Separatists can't be trusted. Who was he going to sell her to - the Brothers Maul? Didn't seem like they got along too well the first time. Maybe Death Squad?

LOVED the space battle. Loved the Z-95's or whatever those things were buzzing around with the Y-Wing bombers. (Seriously, make that Hasbro) Even Grievous' shuttle would make for kind of a cool ship I think.

Methinks Huyang needs some more screen time to merit an action figure, but that was probably a long shot anyway. Damn.

I'll take a Gungi and Byph, and even the Rodian nerd, but no more punk human kids. And they can't make Baby Stass Allie/Adi Gallia until they give us the grown-up version first.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2012, 04:08 PM »
I liked the last episode, especially the Z-95s and Y-Wings... I agree with those who think THOSE should have been the main ships for the Republic in the Prequels, but there's another thread for that.  :)

Circus plot was kinda lame but ultimately fun. Served its purpose of getting Ahsoka out of there.

Really my only beef was Obi-Wan's hologam message that was supposed to distract Grevious. Great distraction and plan, telling him you're going to blow up the ship. ::) Why not just fillibuster him? He's distracted long enough for you to still escape, plus he get's blown up. I know he has to survive for Episode III, but still. :-*
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2012, 12:45 PM »
The ending of this arc was awesome. Again, Hondo is what makes this series so great. The whole episode was exciting from an action standpoint and the appearance of a certain ship gave me goosebumps and a smile from ear to ear.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09 PM »
There's one repaint ship we won't see.

Dooku let Hondo off light. Not sure why Dooku was dismantling the ships, as opposed to just commandeering them with droid crews.

Hondo calling Dooku a Sith lord but seemed to think Maul and Opress are Jedi in the episode set after this one (they reshuffled the airing order).

Grievous has some strange speeder, one yet to appear in toy form.

Kenobi letting Hondo go? WTF?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Hondo vs Grievous

Hondo is a more complex character than Grievous, whose lines are the plainest of the galaxy far far away.

Grievous is always depicted overacted, and with an uncontrolled fury in almost silent videos.

General Grievous is the representation of violence without intelligence. Filoni needs urgently to make him kinda
a Bane from DC Batman, that is a subtle villain.

Today the cyborg and Ashoka watered down in their fight, specially the padawan who looked weary.

Returning to Hondo, he is better balanced, seems inspired in Sir John Falstaff from Shakespeare plays;
sometimes funny with wit, others with the lust of flirting. His new attire and wardrobe let him get that evolution.

Filoni should drive more attention on Hondo, and why not? profit from his lizard monkey too. So Filoni, give the pet a name, search a Greek, macedonian, arabic name which fits the series.

About weequays

complex drawing, two colour faces with cartilage and flesh, muscular pirate was like Pote Snitkin.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:47 PM by EpicGon »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2012, 07:40 AM »
There was a new episode this week?

I checked On Demand last night, but it wasn't up yet, usually it is available right away...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2012, 08:58 AM »
Yep.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2012, 10:50 AM »
I am beyond annoyed with my cable provider.  I've got my DVR set to record all first run episodes of Clone Wars.  And someone in the chain has apparently screwed up by not tagging the past few episodes as new or first run.

Is it the cable provider just dropping the ball?  Or is this perhaps Lucasfilm not providing the first run tags in an effort to help drive downloads or DVD sales from people who weren't able to DVR the show?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2012, 03:12 PM »
My DvR missed the first little bit of the episode.  Very odd and annoying.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I have to say, I think I enjoyed the series more when I could get excited about the possibility of toys being made from some of these things. Grievous's speeder, etc.

Instead I'm just left to analyze things like why Obi Wan lets Hondo go, or why Dooku doesn't just turn the pirate camp into glass from the upper atmosphere without engaing ground troops. Or why they didn't use the shields on the Jedi Cruiser when they were being chased on Florum. Silly stuff.

I know I'm better served to just enjoy the ride, but it's hard not to trip up on minutiae sometimes...

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2012, 01:28 PM »
1st Preview for this week's episode, Secret Weapons.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/starwars/preview/index.html

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2012, 05:30 PM »
I think this is the story or part of it, that leads to a Republic Commando being featured.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Yes, I recall that from C6...  They bring a retired commando out of retirement or something or other.  Seems to go kick ass on his own.  That clip aside, it may have some redeeming qualities.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77