Author Topic: SDCC 2012  (Read 42517 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2012
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2012, 06:33 PM »
The best thing I've seen so far is that Mahawnik (sp?), Naboo Pilot, Aurra Sing & Gungan Warrior are all shown on the Vintage figures shelf and Aurra and the Gungan seem to have paint application differences - and the Gungan for sure has a new super-long staff accessory.

Where'd you see those?

Check out the GH Facebook page. They managed to get on the floor early today
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:34 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2012, 06:59 PM »
Gungan for sure has a new super-long staff accessory.

The Walmart Gungan came with that too.

None of my WalMart Gungans had a staff this long...

(image from Galactic Hunter)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2012, 07:06 PM »

Did you open the figure? It comes in 2 pieces to assemble into one long one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:08 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Boy...this hobby is really getting to an end for me.  This used to be the coolest time of the year...seeing new product and looking forward to finding it the following year.  But jeez...there's so little that's "new" it's just sad.

I am hoping, really, really hoping, that something cool shows up in the slideshow.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 07:22 PM »
A lot of the displays are off-limits right now. Good stuff will be shown.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 07:34 PM »

Did you open the figure? It comes in 2 pieces to assemble into one long one.

LOL - yeah - I didn't realize the two staffs actually clicked together - I thought one was a spear and the other was something to throw those energy bombs....

Sorry - my bad...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2012, 07:37 PM »
I love that Hasbro brought out all the Wave 1 TPM vehicles to show off in the displays, in case you didn't get a good look at them on the clearance aisle of your local Walmart the past 3 months.

Looks like a big bag of suck to me so far, though as others have pointed out, it is early yet.

Curious though, if you had advance floor access to the Hasbro display, wouldn't you try to take pictures of the "new" figures? Specifically, the ones on the secret mystery shelf right below the 2-packs? It would only take one clear, head-on photo to clear up once and for all whether we are looking at Pablo Jill, Black Oddball, Jocasta Nu, or whatever.

I've looked over all the advance photos at GH and SSG and there still seems to be only that one grainy, half-glimpse of a shot under the 2-packs. Need the crisp, HD full-on money shot!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2012, 08:01 PM »
The awesome Movie Heroes Boba Fett with rocket firing jet pack! (at least it's a good mold) A another barely articulated Battle Droid that (explodes?) splits in two! (how many crappy new battle droid sculpts do the need?)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Remember too Mike, there's C6 to show stuff...  They've got the extra layer, so it spreads things a little thinner now.  The "big sensory overload" days may be over if they're going to keep Celebrations and intermitent NYCC attendances going.  I remember when you'd be punched in the nuts with a pile of new at SDCC and that was it till February.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure we'll see a whole lot at SDCC either with both C6 and NYCC coming up - as others have mentioned.  What I do hope we'll get is some sort of information on the future of the line(s) during the presentation, Q and A, or just visits throughout the weekend.  Is CW ending?  Are we getting a scaled back line in 2013?  Is vintage definitely leaving (for now), and is build a droid coming back?  Are we seeing a shift to "simpler" figures a la the recent battle packs?  These are things I'd like to find out more about.  Of course, I'd like to see some new stuff too, even if they just show one new wave or something at each upcoming show (along with rumored exclusives, etc.)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 11:58 PM »
See you all tomorrow at the show.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2012, 07:11 AM »
It seems like Luminara is next for a update.  Again over at Sandtroopers has a image of her in Barriss Slot.  Hasbro goof I guess

here the link http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/sdcc2012/preview_night/Hasbro/target2.html

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2012, 08:19 AM »
Look another Boba Fett.  Thank goodness.  It's been like a month since we got one.  Sorry, but yeah I like seeing the AT-ST and Ewok 2 packs.  Those were a nice surprise.  Doubtful I will ever actually see them let alone hold them in my hands, but nice nonetheless.  I like the new Nien Nunb.  I don't remember seeing a picture of it. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:20 AM by darth broem 2 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2012, 09:37 AM »
I'd like to know if Hasbro is going to still rerelease some of those WM exclusive TPM figures on Vintage cards since all that is warming the Vintage pegs are those dreaded TPM figures.
You know, if they do cancel these on the vinty cards, people are gonna be pissed that they will be missing some ##s in their TVCs...
I do hope someone asks a Hasbro rep (whether they are going to put those TPM ones on Vinty cards) if they are going to SDCC.  I'd appreciate it.
maybe we could get a list of questions to that person to present to Hasbro.  I know I've got one (which might be answered during the presentation) that determines whether I buy product now or wait.

So Steve, will you stop worrying now?  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2012, 09:39 AM »
I'd like to know if Hasbro is going to still rerelease some of those WM exclusive TPM figures on Vintage cards since all that is warming the Vintage pegs are those dreaded TPM figures.
You know, if they do cancel these on the vinty cards, people are gonna be pissed that they will be missing some ##s in their TVCs...
I do hope someone asks a Hasbro rep (whether they are going to put those TPM ones on Vinty cards) if they are going to SDCC.  I'd appreciate it.
maybe we could get a list of questions to that person to present to Hasbro.  I know I've got one (which might be answered during the presentation) that determines whether I buy product now or wait.

So Steve, will you stop worrying now?  :P

I could, but you know Hasbro.  ;)  Yes, I am happy to see that they will be out soon and I can finally get these on the vinty card... if I can find them.