Author Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 52408 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Recent purchases
« on: June 18, 2013, 01:58 PM »
I just pre-ordered the Biggs, Luke, Padme and Vader from TRU.com. BOGO 1/2 off.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:59 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:23 PM »
I thought about it, but last time something like this went on there were cancellations and you had to fight them...  I am not even going to try I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:43 PM »
I'm going to pre-order 1000 Padme's in order to create artificial shortages.  >:D

Or nothing at all.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:26 PM »
It's not Black Series, but I couldn't resist this bargain I found at Walgreens today:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:27 PM by Rob »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 09:55 AM »
Well that beats the price of the General Rieekan ($13.99) IS still at my local RiteAid.

Anyway, finally found the black series at Walmart. I picked up Padme and Biggs. They had the entire wave.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:07 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 10:12 PM »
First half my TRU order arrived today. Vader, Biggs, Padme and Luke. Yeah, about the bubbles, Biggs came detached from his card.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54 PM »
Weird my Biggs and Padme were fine.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2013, 06:02 PM »
I found about a set and a half at a Walmart and 50% of the figs were bad cards and rest were at least ok or perfect...  A near complete set at a Kmart were all perfect except 2 that seemed stolen not accidental...  I'd say its possible this card issue is a factory error could work itself out...  Like he green helmets I believe were a demolding agent issue at the factory.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2013, 06:08 PM »
By the way, my TBS 3.75" find was in a smaller Walmart where they had the TBS absent on planograms...  Meaning it seems that, at least some cases anyway, some of that WM planogram panic was unfounded or a little premature.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2013, 09:25 AM »
By the way, my TBS 3.75" find was in a smaller Walmart where they had the TBS absent on planograms...  Meaning it seems that, at least some cases anyway, some of that WM planogram panic was unfounded or a little premature.

Not when it comes to the 6" line, it wasn't. They whiffed badly on that one. That's a valid complaint, IMO.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 4, 2013, 02:32 PM »
6" it seems they're wait and see...  Tough to blame them since at TRU target and wm I'm now seeing some of the same guys routinely...  Still early tho, but once things hit $20 I don't blame any retailer for taking a step back.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 4, 2013, 07:21 PM »
I've only picked up the 6" inch Sandie (yeah, wrong thread).  I've passed on the 3.75" stuff for now.  I'm only tempted by Padme - maybe - and I've yet to see her.  Once I see her and have her in hand, I'll decided.  Otherwise, it's mostly pass for me on this wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 4, 2013, 07:38 PM »
It's honestly a decent group...  I like Biggs and plan to buy several for customizing average height X-Wingers, finally...  His headsculpt swaps with the TIE Pilot Biggs, for those not digging it.  I think it's passable though.

I like the green Clone well enough...  Scout, blah.  Vader's KINDA neat but I've not bought  yet.  Padme and Luke are the highlights IMO and the hardest to find...  Luke's a needed update in skin tone to that 2007 figure, plus he has the correct blaster...  I like teh colors overall on this update though, not just the skin color.

It's a better wave than it's getting credit for but far from a wave of "Wow!" to most...  Nice updates though.  Nicer than I think people are saying around the web.  This first wave, and all first waves really, needed a Cantina dude and a new droid, even if it were merely a repaint.  A CW decoed BAD sculpt astromech?  I'd take it.  And any Cantina person, even re-using some bits, would've been welcomed.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I finally saw some of these at Target today so I picked up a Clone Pilot  and Biggs.  Boy these things are going to be difficult for carded collectors.  I saw a couple of figures with the card back half off on the pegs and the Biggs came off the card at the register!

Also, the helet will be staying on the clone pilot...without it, he looks like Jango's retard cousin!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I'm only tempted by Padme - maybe - and I've yet to see her.  Once I see her and have her in hand, I'll decided.  Otherwise, it's mostly pass for me on this wave.

Was out yesterday and bought Padme, so I've seen them all on the pegs.  Was tempted to get Luke due to Jesse's promotion of him, but since I already own the old version, that ruled me over.  I found these at a Target that had only a TVC Battle Droid on the pegs for the longest time, so I was surprised to see a fresh case on the pegs.  At TRU, I finally got to experience the bubble coming off the card on 3 figures.