Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173070 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2017, 01:22 PM »
Seriously, with Funko getting out of this game and there being very little on the horizon, this Creepshow business was love at first sight.

I hope they make a lot of stuff like this.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #496 on: January 13, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Super7 is working on Hellboy 3.75" Reaction figures...  sounds like there will be some other new ReAction stuff at Toy Fair in February.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 13, 2017, 01:51 PM »
Unless I'm missing something, these were unveiled a few months ago:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:52 PM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #498 on: January 13, 2017, 02:18 PM »
Unless I'm missing something, these were unveiled a few months ago:

Yeah, I guess I didn't word that very well.  I should have said "still working".

There was a rumor circulating that ReAction was dead as of 2017, but Super7 recently confirmed that the line/brand is not dead.  The Hellboy stuff is still coming (hitting soon) and the Mega Man stuff is still coming.

There should be some unrevealed stuff to be shown at Toy Fair in Feb as well.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 13, 2017, 10:57 PM »
Forgot about Mega Man, but they have been teasing the Hellboy figures on Instagram recently. Iffy on those. Curious to see what else they have on tap for 2017.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 19, 2017, 12:05 PM »
Super7 had a few nice reveals this weekend...Toxic Avenger figures, MOTU figures, Planet of the Apes, and best of all (to me) Shogun Warriors in 3&3/4"!!!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2017, 12:52 AM »
Indeed...  I'm having a really hard time with their pricing and distribution.  I'm finding that $60 plus shipping for a wave of four, 5-POA action figures is incredibly difficult to justify.  If they could get these down a little bit and distribute them more so there are options as far as where to buy them so you could maybe find a better deal, I'd be much more wiling to stick with the line.  So far I skipped Street Fighter even though I'd love to buy the, but again nearly $100 shipped for 6 minimally articulated figures seems insane.   Want to do Hellboy but have been holding off...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2017, 02:41 AM »
To put it into perspective, Acid Rain figures are $30...  hyper articulated (but re-use many parts), come in a box that's part of the "toy", usually have removable gear and such...  Amazing paint apps.

Hiya Aliens figures are 4" scaled too, hyper articulated, tons of gear, Aliens even come with eggs and facehuggers, but they're in the $25 range...

$10 for 5POA is probably about right comparatively speaking to what it costs a small company to crank out.  Hasbro can do them for less...  These companies can't though.

Personally I never could get into these...  Retro's ok but they felt like a mess after a while.  The Alien stuff was more appealing for some reason but this just got too weird for me.  *shrugs*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26 AM »
Well, that was the whole appeal of the Funko partnership...got them down to $10 apiece with better distribution. Once that fell apart they had to revert back to their small business model. I can't fault them for being a small company.

Amok Time, as a point of comparison, sort of exists in that same space but are even smaller. Their figures are $20 each and the ONLY places you can get are from their website or eBay. You'd have to really want those Creepshow figures to justify the expense.

To me, I like most of what super 7 does and generally feel good about supporting them, so it doesn't bug me too much. I do agree their shipping fees are pretty outrageous though, and they don't even offer free shipping for any orders no matter how large. That sucks.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2017, 11:04 AM »
The Alien stuff was more appealing for some reason but this just got too weird for me.  *shrugs*

Probably because those were Kenner sculpts. :)

I get that it's expensive to be a small company and do low volume, and that it's my choice... It's just tough to convince myself that I should pay about $100 for 6 Street Fighter figures when $100 gets you a ton more almost anywhere else.  It is what it is, I just like to bitch about it from time to time. 

I'll end up ordering the Hellboy figures, I'll keep up with MOTU... I did pay $20 for that Creepshow figure, because it's awesome... I just have to be more selective at this kind of price.  At least with Funko you could get a good deal if you looked around, with Super 7 it seems to be $15 each regardless of what you get, where you get it, and how long you wait.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2017, 03:43 PM »
Just wanted to give some comparison was all.  I don't blame you...  the price imho is obscene for what it is.  I prefer modern stuff tho not vintage looking, which I equate to "low quality".  I like my vintage Star Wars figures but prefer my modern ones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Yeah, I think it ultimately just comes down to what it's worth to you for a given toy. I'm happy to pay a little more to complete the crew of the Nostromo, but on the other end, I've still never been able to bring myself to pay at or even near MSRP for those damn Gremlins figures which mildly interest me but seem like such a crappy value for the price and how tiny they are.

The Lord of Light Jack King Kirby figure they had on display was all kinds of awesome too. That's the kind of thing I will pony up for all day.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 6, 2017, 05:26 PM »
On vacation at Universal Studios Orlando this week and noticed they had ReAction Jaws figures for sale in one of the gift shops. They even had Bruce the Shark.

Was disappointed that they did not have the ET figures for sale in the ET store though. Real missed opportunity there IMO.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 12, 2017, 03:32 PM »
I finally bit the bullet and bought the ReAction Dark Crystal NYCC exclusive Garthim/Winged Kira 2-pack. The aftermarket prices on these things are nuts, but with only 500 hundred made and auctions starting to dwindle I figured it was probably now or never. I actually found one for a relatively non-outrageous price, at least compared to some of the eBay sold listings I reviewed. I think the single packed Garthim TRU exclusive popping up in stores recently maybe helped me in this case.

i also was lucky enough to purchase a few of those single packed Garthims this morning at TRU and man is that a nice toy. Really, really well done.

It's a shame about the spotty distribution of this line and the whole problem with the bubbles falling off their cards. Because these are about the best things Super 7/Funko ever produced during their partnership, IMHO.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 13, 2017, 03:52 PM »
I'm happy that you're happy, but I've drawn the line with the Winged Kira and the Golden Girls 4-pack.

I've paid $35 for exclusives that I can't find (glow in the dark Oogie Boogie, I'm looking at you), but I just can't justify $100 or $200 for anything ReAction.  I'll live without the Kira or Golden Girls... the value just isn't there to me, and I don't have some kind of complete collection of these anyway, I skipped several of the various lines that didn't do anything for me.