Author Topic: Cigars  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Cigars
« Reply #15 on: October 3, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Mixing flavors within the the Cigar is always a bad idea, be it peach, mint, coffee.

I don't know about "always"; in my experience it works about half the time.
I like both of these vanilla varieties:

But then again I've had peach and Kahlua cigars that didn't turn out well at all. Another friend tried grape once ... I wasn't brave enough to try one but it smelled very peculiar (well, mostly of grape ::)).

I stand corrected, I am reminded of a Vanilla flavored cigar I had that was not bad.  Perhaps it certain flavors that work well.  I was just focusing on the negative of the Peach Cigar...I don't even want to think what Grape would be like.

Here is the main thing about Cigars for me...my wife refuses to kiss me for at least a day after I've smoked a cigar. (The exception being if she has been drinking and smoked one herself...I think there is a Country song in there somewhere)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 02:16 AM »
Now if you are looking for a cheap cigar that is not too terrible...gotta go with "Backwoods"...they look like Clint Eastwood Spagetti Western type cigars.

I'd been eyeing these out of idle curiosity, but on your recommendation, I picked up a pack. Good call there, thanks!

Here is the main thing about Cigars for me...my wife refuses to kiss me for at least a day after I've smoked a cigar. (The exception being if she has been drinking and smoked one herself...I think there is a Country song in there somewhere)

I'm sure there is. ;D

Also, yesterday I instituted a new rule for myself: on Fridays and Saturdays only, and especially no more smoking on Sundays--it seems extra sinful. :-\ Past attempts at self-regulation have mostly failed, but we'll see how long I can stick to this one....

Answer: not very long. :-\
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Cigars: Does anyone partake?
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 09:25 PM »
A month or so go, I had my first cigar at my sister-in-law's wedding and enjoyed it thoroughly. Anyone else enjoy the company of a cigar on occasion or with any frequency? And if so, what do you smoke and/or recommend?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:26 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: Cigars: Does anyone partake?
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I don't smoke, but cigar talk in the politics forum is so 1998.

"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 09:40 PM »
no, you know what? i'm glad this topic is here in the unmoderated section, because i've been waiting for YEARS to really let loose on cigars. i mean i just want to ******* tear those things UP, and i don't want any "rules" to get in the way. so let's do it. let's talk about ******* cigars. bring it on, man.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Cigars in the Sarlacc Pit, I don't get it beside the Clinton part. We already have Cigars in Watto's. Search function must be broken again.  :P

On that note, I go outside for a puff on my colt's.  :-*

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 10:05 PM »
My bad. Commence merge function.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 05:01 PM »
I am a big fan, have been smoking cigars (And a pipe which i enjoy even more) for many years now. My newest favorite is a Casablanca cigar. Its a nice creamy cigar. On a side note, i have a friend who recently went to cuba and brought me a cigar. It was the freshest cuban i have ever had and it was amazing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth1

• Youngling
  • Formerly known as Reconsgt
    • View Profile
    • ImperialShipYards
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I to am a cigar afficinado, I generally head towards the Arturo Fuentes and for an average smoke I grab a handfull if the curly heads to save on cash still a great smoke just an uneven burn or sometimes I splurge on one of their premiums. I also grab Onxy or a Cohiba at time., I also smoke a pipe and usually just grab the Captain Black or a local smoke shops house brand cherry or a vanilla.
 That Blackstone stuff I am not sure about- I wonder how much is real tobacco and how much is just fillers. If you like that type of cigar try Al Capone sweets for flavored little cigars even Havana Honeys would be a little better.
imperialshipyards comming soon to a galaxy near you     I want my 2 dollars

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 08:37 PM »
When I was out backpacking in Kananaskis country, I had some Captain Black Sweets. Nice flavored cigar.