Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104375 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #135 on: November 8, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Yeah, the way that plays out is gonna be real interesting.
I really wanna see these guys hit earth, but an earth of the future, where their technology is as good/better than the stuff the colonials have.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 9, 2006, 09:47 AM »
That's an interesting statement Hemish. So the question is then, would Earth's technology be better than the colonials before or after the 1st cylon revolution? Remember, the current colonial technology has been dumbed down so that the cylons could not take advantage of the superior technology.

I believe the prequel series is going to showcase the colonials during their technological heyday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 9, 2006, 10:17 AM »
I've been thinking about the announced prequel spin off where we get to see how life was on Caprica and the creation of the Cylons and their rebellion. There is an interesting rumor going around that the actor that plays Baltar will be the only cross over actor from the current series. He is supposed to be the one that created the first Cylon model to be self aware.

The interesting link between the two shows is that this scientist and Baltar are the same person but separated by a hundred years. The idea is that Baltar is caught in a time loop and keeps repeating the rise of the Cylons,  destruction of Caprica and the search for Earth over and over again. It has been said in BSG that this has happen before and will happen again. This might also be the reason why he keeps seeing the red six. She could be his only link back to his original time frame. (ala Quantum Leap) She is his Al.

However, when we see the final five human Cylons I will bet that one of them will look like Baltar.  The reason for that is the Cylons made the first human Cylon to look like their creator that long "dead" scientist from the prequel show. However the Cylons find Baltar and can never kill him because they are starting to recognize him as their God!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Wow! That's pretty heavy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2006, 05:20 PM »
I know. Complete fantasy but wouldn't it be cool?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 2, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Phurby, that's some cool ideas about Gaius, maybe could explain for some of his quirky qualities.

How about the boxing episode. Not the strongest, but it gave us a slight break from the Cylon/Colonist line. Plus I thought it was cool that they showed us how the first few days on New Caprica were like and why Lee and Kara were not speaking to each other much... not really surprising why Kara just ran off to marry Anders right after sleeping with Lee. She's always impulsive and self-destructive. But the odd thing about that who Kara-Sam-Lee triangle (not that it's probably going to be there any longer) is that Kara went out of her way with Bill Adama and Roslin to go rescue Anders from Caprica and that she showed quite the passion and dedication for him to promise she'd come back for him. It was a different side of Kara... not a one-night stand thing. Yeah, she and Lee almost did the deed in Scar, but Lee backed out on that... and he's the one who's done the kissing and confessions to her.

Now D and Sam Anders are quite expendable in the show... I mean Sam is just a civilian with no real attachment now. It will be interesting to see how their characters are now portrayed in the show.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #141 on: December 2, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Gah I missed the episode yesterday, Does anyone know the episode number it was. season 3 episode ??? I have only seen up to season 3 episode 8 "Bulldog".
How far am I behind?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #142 on: December 2, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Last night's (Dec 1)  was episode #9, "Unfinished Business"
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #143 on: December 2, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Alright so I'm all caught up. The wonders of the internet :D

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 3, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Phurby, that's some cool ideas about Gaius, maybe could explain for some of his quirky qualities.

How about the boxing episode. Not the strongest, but it gave us a slight break from the Cylon/Colonist line. Plus I thought it was cool that they showed us how the first few days on New Caprica were like and why Lee and Kara were not speaking to each other much... not really surprising why Kara just ran off to marry Anders right after sleeping with Lee. She's always impulsive and self-destructive. But the odd thing about that who Kara-Sam-Lee triangle (not that it's probably going to be there any longer) is that Kara went out of her way with Bill Adama and Roslin to go rescue Anders from Caprica and that she showed quite the passion and dedication for him to promise she'd come back for him. It was a different side of Kara... not a one-night stand thing. Yeah, she and Lee almost did the deed in Scar, but Lee backed out on that... and he's the one who's done the kissing and confessions to her.

Now D and Sam Anders are quite expendable in the show... I mean Sam is just a civilian with no real attachment now. It will be interesting to see how their characters are now portrayed in the show.

True. And how cool was it to see Bill Adama and Roslin splitting a phat joint together?  ;D ;D

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 3, 2006, 08:21 PM »
That boxing ep was great, I loved how Adama got into the ring to prove his point, and it was cool to see what happened with Starbuck and Apollo. Another top episode, good writing and well acted, this is really good TV
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #146 on: December 6, 2006, 10:35 AM »

True. And how cool was it to see Bill Adama and Roslin splitting a phat joint together?  ;D ;D

I caught that! They were really subtle about it, I think. Most of my friends didn't even catch it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #147 on: December 6, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I liked this episode as well.  It's good to have a non-arc driven episode to give you a chance to develop the characters a bit.

It's also nice to see what was going on between some of the charcters like Lee and Kara, since we all knew something had gone on, just not exactly sure what it was.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 6, 2006, 06:43 PM »
And how cool was it to see Bill Adama and Roslin splitting a phat joint together?  ;D ;D

Bill: "That's some good stuff. Where'd you find it?"

Laura: "Up in the hills.." (where you're sons spending the night frakkin' Kara)

No wonder the Cylons wanted to occupy New Caprica. They wanted to expand their "projection" of the universe they live in.  ;)

So... now that Lee and Kara are together is that gonna spoil the sexual tension between them??

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 6, 2006, 10:10 PM »
I have a question: Do we know all the numbers for the 7 known Cylon models (Six, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Doral, Simon, Cavil?

I think in "Download", D'Anna says that she is 3, Sharon is 8 (and obviously we know what model six is). What about the other 4? Anyone able to help out? Thanks.