Author Topic: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!  (Read 39949 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2004, 01:56 AM »
Hmmm, the cardbacks are definitely neat anyway...  Even if I'm not getting half these figures because they're really not worth it to me.

Nonetheless, great cardbacks...  I almost wish the VOTC were on these cards (not only because of the $5 price variance) because I love the specific scenes each has.  Good stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2004, 12:22 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed, but there were a few little tidbits in the parting shots of Adam's Q and A over at Galactic Hunter today...here's a little bit, visit GH.com for more:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what? I got some answers from the guys upstairs about my questions!

Silver exclusive figures are going to be phased out. Apparently after the Sandtrooper, we probably won't see any for a while, if ever. I dug the concept, but am glad to see it retired before it grew too much. Of course, this begs the question, what kind of goodness will we see for future con exclusives? (I'm throwing my vote to an OTC repackaged Ephant Mon at some point. Which would most certainly rock.)

There are only 38 figures in the Original Trilogy Collection-- the lineup we've seen is finalized. However, there will be more figures before Episode III and with any luck, we might see a preview during the Summer convention season! So, thanks for the info to the kind soul who wrote in to keep us updated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure what this means as far as the OTC packaging, if it will be totally done with at the end of this 38 figure run, or if it will run until Episode III.  Hopefully they keep the same style around anyways, until movie product hits.  Anyways, just thought I'd post it here to see anyone's thoughts.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2004, 01:38 PM »
Silver exclusive figures are going to be phased out. Apparently after the Sandtrooper, we probably won't see any for a while, if ever

Good.  I am tired of the Silver Figures... I throught it was played out with the TRU clone, but I can handle one more (the Sandtrooper).

I sure hope that the exclusives don't move to being simple re-cards though, but I fear this is where they will head... OTC Emperor, OTC Ephant Mon, OTC Tat Luke, OTC Anakin, etc.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I too am glad the Silver Crap is ending, the Sandtrooper was official overkill

And I think the cardback are staying, its just the OTC is done...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2004, 05:16 PM »
And I think the cardback are staying, its just the OTC is done...

Can Hasbro handle the increase in cost of production?  These seem pretty unique in terms of backgrounds per figure.  I forsee a great many rare 'error' pieces on ebay in the near future.  

Or are you saying the silver styled cardback is staying?  That would be cool, IMO.  But I am sure you are indicating the OTC.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2004, 05:18 PM »
Yeah these...

Are staying...at least that's what we've been told.  They'll just ditch the additional graphic doodads and the OTC Banner

SilverZ

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2004, 10:02 PM »
I'd be stoked if they stay. Changing the banner in the bubble isn't an essential part of it, as long as they maintain the silver scheme. Are they doomed forever once the Ep3 card hits, or will these live on, that's what I want to know.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2004, 03:37 PM »
Two words...Retail Death

Its bad enough that there are tons of repacks in this crap...lets repack the new figures over and over and over again all summer long too!!!

Think there is any chance we'll get new product 2005 by Christmas?

From Newforce...

Wave 11
(1) Dagobah Luke
(1) Dagobah Yoda
(1) Dagobah R2D2
(1) Dagobah Obi Wan
(1) Luke Skywalker X Wing
(1) Luke Skywalker Jedi
(1) Han Solo
(1) Darth Vader
(1) C3PO
(1) Boba Fett
(1) Storm Trooper
(1) Greedo

Wave 12
(1) Dagobah Luke
(1) Dagobah Yoda
(1) Dagobah R2D2
(1) Dagobah Obi Wan
(1) Princess Leia
(1) Cloud Car Pilot
(1) Lobot
(1) Chewbacca
(1) C3PO
(1) R2D2
(1) Obi Wan
(1) Wicket

Wave 13
(1) Luke Skywalker Jedi
(1) Han Solo
(1) Princess Leia
(1) Boba Fett
(1) Obi Wan
(2) Tusken Raider
(2) Jawas 2 Pack
(2) Snow Trooper

Wave 14
(2) Dagobah Luke
(1) Dagobah Yoda
(1) Dagobah R2D2
(1) Dagobah Obi Wan
(2) Cloud Car Pilot
(2) Lobot
(1) Darth Vader
(1) Princess Leia
(1) Tie Fighter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2004, 03:49 PM »
I think the pegs will be clogged with the OTC... much like the PotF2 1997 bonanza.

Instead of peg after peg of Green Card Ackbar, Malakili, 2-1B, and ASP Droid, we'll have peg after peg of OTC Bib, OTC FF Leia, OTC Scan Trooper, and more!

I have seen over 8 different case packs/waves and there are still about 12 figures that haven't even been solicited yet in pre-order cases.  That works out to another 3-4 cases right there!

TOO MANY FIGURES!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2004, 03:53 PM »
Yeah I though about that too...this is only through Luke Bespin...still have a ton of figures left that most people already own ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2004, 04:03 PM »
Yeah, those case breakdowns have been the worst in a long time. I usually am pretty good about doing selective ordering at EE to get at least 1 of each new figure, preferably 2. It's not the case with OTC. A bunch of the recard figures are at 1 per case, mixed with repacks of figures from other waves, leaving holes in my ordering scheme - dooming me to search retail for them, or wait out future case breakdowns on the last waves of the year.

Its figures like Wicket that are going to cause me fits.

I have a bad feeling that the last waves aren’t going to be found at retail easily. Not that it’s an issue for anyone other than carded collectors, since they’re all lame POTF2 recards, but for completists (me included) it’s going to suck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2004, 02:00 PM »
I sure hope that Hasbro doesn't short produce the first couple of cases they solicited or cancel them (like the Yavin and Jabba's Palace Cases) because I sure want my Bespin Leia damn it >:(
Do I win a No Prize for this?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2004, 02:05 PM »
Oh man those assortments suck, but at least some of the "New" figures are gonna reship.  What I don't see much of is the Endor Wave reshipping, which sucks to me because I needed a 2nd set for my custom endeavours and they've seemingly dropped off the planet all together.

A shame too with how good they are.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

SilverZ

« Reply #118 on: July 1, 2004, 03:00 AM »

Daggummit, now I have to go look back at the case breakdowns to make sure I have TWO of these things on order, an opener and a carded one. I wasn't figuring we'd get different deco on these.

EDIT: Oh, and I just noticed the non-affiliation of the card. There's no insignia in the upper left of the card. Interesting.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2004, 03:02 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: July 1, 2004, 08:39 AM »
irritating...  to say the least.

If they're gonna re-release this stuff, at least don't redeco it like this.

Yeah, it's nicer than it was, and at least Jawas are a justifiable purchase as army builders to an extent, but really I could've done without these.