Author Topic: We Need More Cantina Figures!  (Read 15816 times)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: We Need More Cantina Figures!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 12:48 PM »
I have 3 I relatively nearby, but the likelihood of finding them there would have to be slim, even if I somehow managed to beat all the other fans in the area to the stores each day.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2004, 06:44 PM »

Hem Dazon

Is this the Lord of the Flies edition of Hem Dazon?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: May 6, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Yeah...actually that would be a movie accurate Hem Dazon as seen here

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2004, 10:10 AM »
What ever happened to that rumor about K-Mart getting 2 Cantina 3-packs?

We've seen the TRU Jedi Council Scenes, but what about the Cantina ones?  Did K-Mart drop them?  Was the whole thing made up by YakFace?  

:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2004, 10:28 AM »
GH had kind of hinted at it being bogus in one of their Swami reports

Although they also did say in another that 2 3-packs were coming out...

Not sure if they thought the box was bogus and it should have been like the other screen scenes or that the whole thing was scrapped :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 9, 2004, 10:39 AM »
From the
GH Swami:

Hasbro does plan on releasing a Cantina Aliens 3 pack in OTC packaging. While Swami is not 100% certain if Big H will include figures such as Kitik Keed'kak and Dr. Evazon in this new assortment, he'll bet his turban that this will be the case. The 3 packs will come in 2 sets.

Sounds to me like the Swami was on board... did it get conflicted elsewhere?  Maybe we have yet to see it just like a lot of other stuff in that Swami report?

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 9, 2004, 10:41 AM »
I can't find where he said it exactly but I know I did read they doubted the authenticity of the Yakface image

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2004, 01:27 PM »
I don't care how the hell they get new Cantina aliens out to us, just as long as they finally do!  I'm perfectly happy getting that mockup Screen Scene with the bar, and Kitik, Wuher and Evezan.  Of course I'd love another Screen Scene with the Distillery and U-shaped end portions of the bar.  That would be a Godsend!  Since Hasbro finally wised up on the middle flooring sections for the Jedi Council, maybe they'll surprise us, and show us that they "get it" now, and will finally complete the rest of the bar for us to make a nice playset/diorama out of...   8)

I'd probably prefer any new Cantina aliens to come on basic (single) cards though, just 'cause carded figures usually get better treatment quality wise, than the ones that come in the various 3-pack Cinema/Screen Scene types of packaging.

Perfect world:
  • Screen Scene 1: 3 more bar pieces, with Kitik, Evezan and Bannis Keeg
  • Screen Scene 2: Distillery and U-shaped end sections, with Wuher, Dannik Jerikko, and Myo
  • Regular themed wave of carded figures, including Hem Dazon, Gotal, Bom Vimdin, Givins, and Brainiac
Do that, and I will be happy to forgive all prior transgressions on Hasbro's part.   ;)

We NEED more Cantina figures.  NOW.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2004, 01:37 PM »
I don't care how the hell they get new Cantina aliens out to us, just as long as they finally do!  I'm perfectly happy getting that mockup Screen Scene with the bar, and Kitik, Wuher and Evezan.  Of course I'd love another Screen Scene with the Distillery and U-shaped end portions of the bar.  That would be a Godsend!  Since Hasbro finally wised up on the middle flooring sections for the Jedi Council, maybe they'll surprise us, and show us that they "get it" now, and will finally complete the rest of the bar for us to make a nice playset/diorama out of...   8)

I'd probably prefer any new Cantina aliens to come on basic (single) cards though, just 'cause carded figures usually get better treatment quality wise, than the ones that come in the various 3-pack Cinema/Screen Scene types of packaging.

Perfect world:
  • Screen Scene 1: 3 more bar pieces, with Kitik, Evezan and Bannis Keeg
  • Screen Scene 2: Distillery and U-shaped end sections, with Wuher, Dannik Jerikko, and Myo
  • Regular themed wave of carded figures, including Hem Dazon, Gotal, Bom Vimdin, Givins, and Brainiac
Do that, and I will be happy to forgive all prior transgressions on Hasbro's part.   ;)

We NEED more Cantina figures.  NOW.

Send that man a job application for Hasbro!!!   ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 03:43 PM »
DING DING DING!

News from Hasbro:
http://hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1060/dn/default.cfm

"NEW Cantina Aliens Scene Pack! Exclusively at Kmart This Summer!

From A New Hope, this cantina display was inspired by the scene from the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine where Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi hired the services of Han Solo and Chewbacca. The scene includes three alien figures - Dr. Evazan, Wuher, and Kitik Keed'kak – and comes with three sections of a bar with six stools and multiple drinking mugs. Displayed in the Original Trilogy Collection black and silver package, this Cantina Alien Scene Pack will be available exclusively at Kmart this summer!"

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Cool stuff, I have a set and I haven't been too upset that I paid the $30 for them back then even with this announcement I'm glad those of you that don't have them can pick them up.  If it means that K-mArt will be getting more exclusives down the line even better.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 04:05 PM »
I usually stay away from K-Mart, but this will actually give me an excuse to go into the Oakdale Big K on my way home from (or on my way to) work everyday.

I wonder what they'll charge... $20?  $25?  $30?

Jeff

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 04:41 PM »
I'm glad these made it. It's sort of funny that an ex-Walmart exclusive has landed at Kmart. I'm also still a bit jealous of you guys that got the carded Saga ones.  >:(

Has Kmart ever had an exclusive before? There's one right by me but I'm wondering if this is going to be a challenge to find for a lot of people since they've closed so many stores. This should be interesting.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 05:04 PM »
K-Mart has had many Hasbro exclusives before (Transformers, BeyBlade, GI Joe), but this is the first Star WArs one to stick I think...

Back in the days of Episode 2, K-Mart was originally going to carry the Obi-Wan and Jedi Starfighter exclusive along with a Jango Pilot plus Slave 1 exclusive, but K-Mart dropped them thanks to the onset of bankruptcy hearings and Hasbro's unwillingness to extend K-Marts credit.

K-Mart couldn't pay for them, so Hasbro dropped them.  The Obi-Wan set, having already made it to production was sold through KB Toys, but the Jango Pilot Slave 1 set was scrapped.

So, K-Mart has had exclusives before, but nothing this HOT before... these should sell very well for K-Mart.

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Notice the Set 1 on the package, Set 2 at one time was rumored to be Obi-Wan, Ponda Baba and Blue Snag...hmmmmmm

Maybe a Spirit Obi Repainted?  Ponda and Blue Snags don't interest me too much