Author Topic: New Pics, Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor and Coleman  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
New Pics, Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor and Coleman
« on: February 19, 2003, 09:14 AM »
http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=106

Wat Tambor is amazing, I am really pumped by that figure.

Should it not be Padme Skywalker and not Padme Amidala!!!  Something is a little off with her face, not so angelic, I still love every new Padme figure.

Coleman is Coleman, I'll buy him, I know a certain group of people who will be wetting themselves when they see this one  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:New Pics, Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor and Coleman
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 09:27 AM »
Well these most certainly look interesting.
Wat Tambor looks fantastic.
Coleman Trebor looks great.
As for Padme Amidala, this must be just before her wedding. Hence leaving out the last name Skywalker.
I will agree, there is something a little off about her face.
Doesn't even look like her.
Still they are part of the collection so must I get.  ;)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 12:00 PM »
Padme - I was not the least bit excited to get her then or now, but hopefully somebody will be happy to get her. I'd rait the like-ness poor, as usual... odd how Hasbro just can't get a female like-ness down pat. The stand looks great, though.

Wat - Is it just me, or is his wardrobe too bright? He seemed darker dressed in the movie, but I guess I'm wrong. Definately nice looking, however it's obviously a statue.  :'( Major arm articulation like fellow statues Palpatine and the blue twi'lek senator woulda made him much better in my eyes... Despite my negative tone, I'm happy about 'em, and if I ever see him, I'll buy him. Good stand, I'm wondering what Tambor's lil gummy bear ship hologram looks like in the end, though, I'll bet it's changed before the end. I'm also hoping that it'll connect to Poggle The Lesser's stand whenever he makes it out on stands.

Coleman - One of the nicest figures I've seen in some time, not only does he have good articulation, but his likeness is dead-on perfect. CAN YOU SAY "KNEE ARTICULATION"? Wow, can't go wrong with Coleman, until he's got a @$@#^ action feature added to him at the last minute (see Saga ROTJ Fett). Weak little stand, but nice.

EDIT - Just had to make fun of my typo...

Rait - rayt' - To judge accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2003, 05:32 PM by Brad "AngryEwok" Soldato »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 04:58 PM »
I think Coleman is just great! I too know a certain group that will wet their pants when they get their hands on this. Great, great figure. Looks dead on and all around nice. Wat is also sweet looking, dead on. NO stupid action features! YEAH!! Just a normal posed action figure, the way I like um! Padme does not look at all like Padme, but nice detailing. Nice work Hasbro.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 07:59 PM »
all these wonderful figs whats a person supposed to do, i think i'll have to start a new career just too keep up w/ this years Star Wars releases.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Pics, Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor and Coleman
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 03:58 PM »
Well, Collection 2 usually means some great stuff, and I'd have to agree in this instance with these three new figures!  Sure Padme's face is a little off, but I've grown to accept that over the years from Hasbro.  The rest of her looks quite nice, and that balcony accessory is just amazing (as far as a base or accessory goes)!  I really hope Hasbro surprises us and throws one in with the upcoming robotic handed Anakin, since that's the most appropriate additional figure to which another balcony piece would apply.  I can't really see us getting the "priest" character, and I really don't want to have to buy additional Wedding Padme's just to make a nice, complete balcony...

Coleman looks quite nice, though his articulation is a tad bit noticeable - but not too bad.  Would've been nice to get a cloak as well, but one can always be added if necessary from elsewhere.  The Colemaniacs are probably still rejoicing in the streets!

Wat look real good as well, though a little more brightly colored than I seem to remmeber him from AOTC, but perhaps it was just the dim lighting from the movie.  I also think he may have been moving around on some kind of wheeled device in AOTC (if it wasn't his own "legs").  Couldn't find any full body pictures of him to confirm that though, but I think that's the case based on his movements in the movie.

They all look great to me, and I'll be snatching up a couple of each the moment I see them.  Now give me some more OT Collection 2 figures, and I'll be a happy man...  :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 05:05 PM »
Wat and Coleman both look very nice, but the face on Padme looks terrible.  I think Hasbro could have done a better job with her.  And yes, the colors do look a bit brite on Wat.  I remember him being entirely silver in the movie, but I could be wrong.
dustrho

Offline hc37180

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 10:29 PM »
I am excited regarding the addition of another non human jedi although I have heard some complaints re: the looks of coleman.

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 04:53 AM »
Wat and Coleman both look very nice, but the face on Padme looks terrible.  I think Hasbro could have done a better job with her.
I was really looking forward to that Padme, and when I saw that face, it was a bit of a letdown; but, then again, that balcony is pretty cool  :)
And yes, the colors do look a bit brite on Wat.  I remember him being entirely silver in the movie, but I could be wrong.
unfortunately, I've gotten really bad about finding all the inconsistancies w/ the figures. (I compared 'preview' Zam to the picture on the card for the longest time.  :-\ ) and aleady Wat is getting the same treatment.
movie photo:

figure:

the figure does seems to lack the smooth shiny surface of the movie (close ups show a 'dented' surface); but, again, the holo ship adds a lot.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2003, 04:59 PM »
Once you put the pic's together, Wat doesn't look so hot.  :-\ I'm sure Hasbro could make some last-minute paint-changes... If they could match the glove armor to the rest of him, it'd be near-perfect.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2003, 10:21 AM »
No one seems bothered about Padders accessory :o
Since when did SW figs come with bunches of flowers.
Yes the balcony is nice. Yes the face is a bit off but come on she comes with flowers.

Flower accessories are the path to the darkside. Flowers lead to garden tools. Garden tools lead to vegetable patches. Vegetable patches lead to leaving the Jedi order and settling down with a nice little allotment and concentrating on prize winning marrows instead of hunting down and killing the entire Jedi order.

I fear the worst :(

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2003, 11:15 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Wat Tambor figure and Coleman looks cool - ANOTHER jedi! but Padme looks sick. The body is okay but the face is not good. On another note, though, At least they ARE including bases to help the figures stand, be displayed. I have many ep1 figures that can't stand at all!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2003, 08:24 PM »
On another note, though, At least they ARE including bases to help the figures stand, be displayed. I have many ep1 figures that can't stand at all!

I'm loving the bases too! They work well in my displays, which are glass cd wall cases, and the figures are arranged somewhat chronologically through the movies and scenes. The two AOTC Jedi with bases so far are connected, and placed behind the other Geonosis battle guys, and it adds just enough feeling of a scene without taking up space or looking silly. They're a great idea to finally happen.

I wonder why Anakin Secret Ceremony didn't come with a matching base to Padmes. Does that mean we all have to buy TWO opener Padmes if we want to display them together?  :o Bastages!

-J

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2003, 02:46 PM »
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=overlord307&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

Overlord comes through with new Padme and Coleman pics...I love the new cards!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 03:46 PM by OCB »

Jango Fettish

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2003, 04:00 PM »
I don't. Too busy. Think they forgot Coleman's cape did they not?

Oh well, crappy figure for a crappy Jedi. Too bad theres no blast damage.  :P

As for Greenthumb Padme and her Broccoli stalk..eh..