Author Topic: Re: recreating the Arena Battle  (Read 11027 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: recreating the Arena Battle
« on: March 2, 2003, 11:58 PM »
Hello I recently purchased the Arena Playset and was wondering if anyone can help me out as to what other figures I need:

I currently have:

Arena Playset
Acklay
Nexu
Reek
Padme
Dooku
Obi
Anakin
Jango
Mace
Boba
R2D2
Deluxe C3P0
Destroyer Droid
Luminara
Kit
Genossian Warriors x3
Red Battle Droids x4
Republic Gunship w/ two pilots, three white clonetroopers, and Yoda.

JedMac advised me Eeth Koth was not at the Arena Battle, thanks!  That sparked me wanting to recreate accurately even if that mean picking up a few POTF or EP1 figures.  Thank you in advance for any help...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Recreating the Arena Battle
« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2003, 02:37 AM »
Let's see here...  Off the top of my head, I'd say that you still need the following (Saga figures unless otherwise noted):

Ki-Adi Mundi
Plo-Koon
Saesee Tinn
Aayla Secura
Barriss Offee
Nikto Jedi Knight (never been proven he was there, but it's assumed since there's a figure)
Nute Gunray Ep. 1 figure (up on the balcony w/ Dooku)
Super Battle Droids (you probably just forgot this one)

Then there's obviously variations of different figures, like the Geonosis Warrior, who came on a standard card, and in two different Deluxe carded sets...

...and like I mentioned to you earlier, Eeth Koth is just one that's never been proven to be in this scene, or even confirmed by anyone official.  There are a couple others of his same species there though, which many people confuse him as being.  Sure seems like he should be there, but he apparently wasn't.  Who knows where the heck he was at the time...?

Feel free to chime in if I missed any folks!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2003, 10:09 AM »
Eeth Koth from Episode I was not there but his kindred Agen Kolar was...check this out for Jedi who remained in the final circle...so I'd put a spare one in if you have one

http://starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html

Note that Barriss Offee is not listed as one of the survivors  :'(

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 3, 2003, 12:29 PM »
Eeth Koth from Episode I was not there but his kindred Agen Kolar was...check this out for Jedi who remained in the final circle...so I'd put a spare one in if you have one

http://starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html

Note that Barriss Offee is not listed as one of the survivors  :'(

What do you guys think?  Was Nikto their?  Lott Dodd = yes.  Anyhting else?  Again I appreciate your input.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2003, 02:51 PM »
Nikto was there...check the prequels section here, I think someone had some proof

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=post;threadid=579;title=Post%2Breply;start=0

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2003, 04:49 PM »
I bought the arena yesterday afternoon for $25, here's my set up.... which I believe is pretty accurate.

Balcony (from left to right) ->
Boba Fett, Pilot Jango, Mace Windu (w/ saber to Jango's throat), Mace Windu, Nute Gunray, Lott Dodd (I've got Rune Haako from Ep1 standing in, as I have yet to see a Lott in stores)

Arena Floor (no order) ->
About 5 battle droids (most are oom9's, actually, which is inaccurate, but I haven't found any reds either)
1 SBD
2 Droideka's
2 Geonosians
1 Massif
Nexu
Ep1 Obi-Wan (face down to simulate Jedi casulty)
Ki Adi
Plo Koon
Luminara
Kit
Nikto
the female w/ striped lekku (forgot name)
Anakin (Tatooine)

Need to add once I find them :
Aayla Secura, Coleman Trebor (I'll have him on ground I guess), Lott Dod, Poggle (I'll have him flying away or somethin as the balcony is full), Wat Tambor (again, I'll figure something out w/ his placement)...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Recreating the Arena Battle
« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2003, 07:32 PM »
Nikto was there...check the prequels section here, I think someone had some proof

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=post;threadid=579;title=Post%2Breply;start=0
What kinda whacky link is that Scott?  :P

You mean here?  http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=25;action=display;threadid=155

Well, certainly from behind, the light tan, hooded robe looks like the Nikto Jedi, and I'm cool with accepting that.  Sure can't see his face or front side to really confirm it though.  But I'll agree, 'cause if it's not him, it would essentially mean that the Nikto Jedi figure is basically EU, and that wouldn't really be cool!

Though Barriss Offee wasn't listed in the group of survivors in that particular SW.com topic, you missed the following week's question and answer regarding her here:  http://starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020909.html

Q:  Does Barriss Offee survive the arena battle?

A:  Yes, Barriss Offee did indeed survive, though she is not part of the circle of survivors seen at the end.   :)

And just so no one gets confused, Coleman Trebor, Poggle the Lesser, and Wat Tambor have not been released yet.  Not to mention Wat wasn't really at the battle itself, but was instead inside in the planning room.  Not sure if that necessarily qualifies in your scene there Matthew...?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2003, 07:36 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2003, 08:35 AM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2003, 09:38 AM »
Yeha, not sure what I did there, must have copied the wrong link in the wrong window  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2003, 07:05 PM »
The Neimoidian with Nute Gunray on Geonosis was not Lott Dod or Rune Haako.  His name was Gilramos Libkath.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2003, 08:57 PM »
I vaguely recalled another Neimoidian up on the balcony, but didn't know his name so didn't mention it, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't Lott Dod though, as he was off ******* around in the Senate at the time.  I'm sure Nicklab's correct on this one.

But Lott Dod might make for good custom fodder for this actual dude though, until he potentially gets released (which may well never happen).  I'll see if I can find a picture of him somewhere...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2003, 09:05 AM »
I've seen this talked about a couple of times now...the Neimoidian in the credits and most official products list the guy as Lott Dod...

See here:

http://starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2003/02/imageattack20030228.html

From the Official Site EpII Cast List:

Hermione Bagwa
Elan Sleazebaggano
Lott Dod
Plo Koon
Corde
Mas Amedda

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think the name  Gilramos Libkath is sort of like the Saar Labooda (or whatever Coleman Trebor was) it was an original name created by ILM before LFL officially dubbed the charatcer.  Why they didn't make him Rune Haako is the real mystery to me
« Last Edit: March 5, 2003, 09:07 AM by Scott Pearson »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 5, 2003, 01:01 PM »
So do you guys have any pictures of your arena setup? That would be cool to see!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2003, 01:46 PM »
I guess the whole Lott Dod thing is a bit of a mystery.  The voice actor certainly doesn't sound the same from TPM to AOTC.  Also, the designation on the Lott Dod figure in the SAGA line is The Phantom Menace, not Attack Of The Clones.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2003, 01:57 PM by Scott Pearson »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2003, 01:59 PM »
Yes it doesn't make much sense at all, originally there was debate that the theatrical credits said Lott Dod and the Official Website said Gilramos Libkath, since then it has been changed to Lott Dod and most on-line references (including the Data Bank) say Lott