Author Topic: The Full 56  (Read 11842 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
The Full 56
« on: March 11, 2005, 04:27 AM »
HOLY.  ****.

First we got the trailer.  Now we get a look at all 56 ROTS figs.  Obi Wan Pilot (thank you Hasbro).  Tarkin.  Wookie Warrior (with shield!!!).  Clones.  Wonderful clones.  Crispy Anakin.  SP aliens.  Weirdo aliens. 

I couldn't be more excited.   ;D

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Full 56
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 07:21 AM »
The greats have been bested. Move on Empire Strikes Back, move on Power of the Jedi.

Man, I'm so excited about all these Clones! This is what the line should have been like from the begining!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Rebelscum isn't working for me right now for some reason, but sounds like there is lots of great stuff to be seen.  Can't turn down Clones, Wookiees, weirdo aliens, and misc background characters.  Hopefully they'll get back up soon, or my copy of Insider hits the mailbox (I understand that is where it is from?).  Sounds cool.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:35 AM »
Yep, IMO this entire line rocks really hard overall.  Love all the Jedi and clones.  We get some funky looking aliens, droids, and vehicles.  Glad to see SW go out with a bang.  Before the line came out I was thinking of just getting a few figures and that was it.  LOL!  Not now.  I'll end up getting most of these if not a bunch of duplicates.

Rebelscum is not working for me either.  I saw this picture earlier though.  Great shot of some figures we had not seen yet.  The Kenobi Pilot looked fantastic along with some other gems.  I did not have a lot of time to stare at it.  Bummer the site is not working :(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 08:38 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:24 AM »
Got RS to work now, and that picture is just amazing.  Lots of great figures coming this year the way it looks (Wookiee warrior and Clones look amazing), and I really like the way that overall look/display is set up for that picture.  This line looks awesome.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Wow.

Just out of curiousity, I spliced the 3 photos together...

Clicky the pic to check out the whole thing as 1 picture:

image courtesy of Rebelscum

- I love the fact that the Ep3 Wookiee Warrior is different from the Preview figure.
- I love the fact that there are a ton of Army builder figures in there.
- Still don't know what a #52 "Tado" is, must be some prominent Jedi Padawan I guess  :-\
- #50 Anakin = creepy...
- I like how the picture includes both the blue & red guards!

Very excited to get my hands on these...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Thanks for doing that Jeff, nice to see the whole thing together like that.  The whole lineup just looks cool to me, set up and displayed like that.  Granted, their background/lighting does make a few of the Col 1 figures look better than they are, but still overall, it is a nice ad/display.  I'll be getting close to each and every one of those figures, provided I find them, this year :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 10:01 AM »
#41 looks to be a SA Ep3 Clone Trooper, no need to buy the first one now :)

#45 Tarkin!  Neat!

#46 and #47  Cool, nice Senator type figures and OT aliens to boot

#52 Is that Jett Lucas?  The checklist calls him Tado

I've never even seen pics of #53 (Utapauian Warrior), #54 (Turbo Tank Driver) or #55 (Mustafar Sentry), they all look cool.  

Burned Anakin also looks great, I wonder though if he actually is much more burned than that?  Based on the early spoiler images and the 12" figure I would guess so and they actually toned this one down a bit

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 10:06 AM »
I was wondering if that padawan was the Jett Lucas character as well, although I think his name is different than "Tado" or whatever he is listed as.  At least, according to the official site, his name is "Zett Jukassa", but who knows.  Either way, looks like a nice figure.  It always seems like the nicest ones come later in the year like that.  Agreed about the Clonetrooper, seeing that SA one on the way makes the first one avoidable.  I'll probably pick up 1 if I see it, but won't be army building with the "quick draw" version.  Lots of neat clones this year, and the wookiee warrior looks nice as well.  Glad to see Tarkin in the lineup too, I actually don't have the POTF2 one, so it would be neat if they did an "old" variant down the line somewhere of this figure ;).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 10:08 AM »
I thought of that this morning too Brian, they could easily put an old head on the new Tarkin and many people would be happy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Good Lord... first the trailer and now this... I am gonna be so broke.  The only figure that looks like a letdown really is the Windu.

I'll still get a few of the first Clone.  Don't want to chance the 2nd one being hard to find.  And can get some AT-TE Gunners as well.   :)

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 11:28 AM »
That's frikkin' fantastic! I love all the clones and army builders, particularly #49, Commander Baccarra--really medieval, and also McQuarrie-esque for some reason. And I'm glad the Wookiee Warrior isn't just a repack from the SP Wook.

Agreed about the Clonetrooper, seeing that SA one on the way makes the first one avoidable.  I'll probably pick up 1 if I see it, but won't be army building with the "quick draw" version.

I was thinking the same thing, though there will be 3-packs to consider as well.

Glad to see Tarkin in the lineup too, I actually don't have the POTF2 one, so it would be neat if they did an "old" variant down the line somewhere of this figure ;).

Great idea! I don't have the old one either, and either way it would be great to have a better-articulated version.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:36 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 11:30 AM »
The complete picture of all 56 is a nice treat for us collectors from the Insider.

I can't wait until mine comes in the mail - I'm going to drool over it for hours!

Some of the later figures in this line are just absolutely FANTASTIC - great army builders too - figures #41 - #44, #49 and #53 - #55 are ALL going to be bought for me in multiples!

I wonder if that second R2-D2 in the toy line is a bit smaller and shorter to accomodate the droid socket in Anakin's starfighter? That would be great if it is, then I could get a couple of those and repaint them each for R4-G9 and R4-P17...

I think the Anakin on Mustafar figure is by far my favorite of the line - does anyone think that this figure will come with interchangeable heads and arms like the Dagobah Training Luke does? One crispy head and one yellow glowing eyes head!

This year is going to rock for figures!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 11:39 AM »
That's a nice thought on the Anakin figure Pete_Fett, hopefully that is the case.  It does look like an amazing figure and interchangeable heads/limbs/etc. would make it pretty cool.  I'm curious about the 2nd R2 as well, looks like he could be gadget-tastic (looks like panels can be removed/popped out or something), and if it is pretty good I might just pass on the first offering and pick up this one.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Passing on the following - Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid, Spinning Yoda.

Everything else looks damn good, except Mace.  But I'm getting one anyway.

:P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:59 AM by CHEWIE »