Author Topic: Do you actually rifle through ALL the pegs?  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Do you actually rifle through ALL the pegs?
« on: April 29, 2005, 05:01 AM »
I'm curious if you guys are becoming as jaded as I am now when it comes to finding new figures on the pegs.  I used to rifle through every single figure, on every single peg, until I'd checked every last one of them for new stuff that I was missing.  I'd go through hundreds of them over the course of several stores probably.

But nowadys, I find myself walking into a store and glancing at the fronts of the pegs, possibly flipping through several in the front, and that's it.  I've grown tired of flipping through them ALL, when the success rate of finding anything new in the depths of the pegs is about .005%.  They stock the new cases on the fronts of the available pegs, and there's plenty of collectors in my area so I know I'm not going to find any hidden treasures at the back of the pegs, so I've finally said the hell with it, and stopped wasting all of my time sifting through everything.  I still get the urge to, and wonder if I'm ever missing something new by not using the old browsing methods, but all in all I think I'm just saving myself time and unneeded stress by just avoiding the hassle altogether.

So do you guys still flip through all the figures on all the pegs?  Anyone else gotten sick of doing it like I have?

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Do you actually rifle through ALL the pegs?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 07:10 AM »
Most times no, but sometimes just for kicks I'll go through them all to get an idea of the amount of pegwarmers out there.

Plus, you never know. Sometimes stores stock them in the back, for some reason, or they mingle throughout, or people will half-heartedly "stash" on the back of the pegs.   Now, during the movie push with all of that space allotted for ROTS, I can't go through every peg. Once we get back down to the limited Star Wars section, it will get easier.  They make these numbers easy to spot too, so it takes less time.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Yes, I go through them ALL. It actually doesn't take as long as you would think because the number is right there on the side now, and if you don't have the numbers memorized, there's always the picture of the character on that same side.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 08:15 AM »
I do similar to Starwax137. I don't physically touch each one, but I do take a glance down the sides of the rows to see it there are any new pictures or numbers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 08:21 AM »
Yes, if there is something I am really hunting for.  I will take the time and flip through them.  It's a lot easier this time since the character's photo is nice and big on the side. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Its funny, I was just thinking of this yesterday while looking through the pegs at Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU.  I can say, on average, I don't necessarily look through each and every peg...depending on how big of a hurry we are in.  A good thing about the ROTS cardstyle, you can kind of glance down the sides and see the character picture, so that saves a lot of time.  It kind of depends on the store too.  At Target, and usually Wal-Mart, I'll go through them quick.  At TRU, I sometimes don't take the time.  Their wall of figures basically looks exactly the same as it did on 4/2 to me.  I usually try to go through most figures, just holding out hope, but not much new past 32 has shown up around here really for the most part....#33-40 are starting to trickle out now at the big retailers, and were pretty plentiful at the higher priced Kohl's a couple of weeks ago.  I guess I should be more patient though, I have most of the first 40 figures already and the movie isn't even out yet :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 09:37 AM »
I usually do a quick flip through all the pegs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 10:04 AM »
So do you guys still flip through all the figures on all the pegs?  Anyone else gotten sick of doing it like I have?

Yes, every store I go to, I try to flip all the pegs.  Usually I'm just checking the numbers on the corner looking for the figures I need, but I do usually go through EVERY peg they have.   :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 10:33 AM »
It depends on where I am.  My local Target (I kid you not) has not restocked basic figures since April 2nd and, as such, I just stick to the fronts of the pegs.

Wal-Mart, however, is a little more difficult because they don't even have a lot of their figures on the pegs.  I don't know why, but they have only alotted (again, I kid you not) about 10 pegs to the ROTS basic figures total and decided to put the rest on a shelf, crammed in there rather indiscriminantly and haphazardly.  The other local WM is a lot better, since all of their figures are actually on pegs in an actual aisle section specifically for SW stuff, but the larger of the two WMs hasn't even taken the time to set up an aisle for them.  They just found an empty area and dumped them on the shelves there.

That being said, at the one WM that has pegs for all the figures, I do the sideways number check for the AT-TE Gunner (38) and anything 41 and up.  Sadly, I don't see anything past 32 all that often (e.g. three times since April 2nd), but I continue to look anyway.  I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 11:19 AM »
It's a lot easier to do so in a non-movie year when there are only 10-20 figures it seems on the pegs at any given time, and most of them are duplicates.

Now though, I'm not gonna dig to the back of the pegs every time just to see in the back that it's the April 2nd stuff that I'm not looking for.  Most new stuff will be right on the front of the pegs right now.

:P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Now though, I'm not gonna dig to the back of the pegs every time just to see in the back that it's the April 2nd stuff that I'm not looking for.  Most new stuff will be right on the front of the pegs right now.

Ahhh, but you see - that's what people are hoping you will do, so they hide all the new figures at the back. Trust me, I've seen it done numerous times. Whether it's done by employees or customers I don't know.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I've seen it done before too.  But the only thing I'm looking for right now is the Tarkin wave, and I don't think it's hit St. Louis at all yet.

:P

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I'll occasionally search through the pegs, but mostly I figure it's not worth it. I'll at least look at the end ones to get a look at that side, but I don't usually look at each figure on the peg. I figure I'll find the new ones when I find em, no big rush yet.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 04:47 PM »
I'll go through a couple of pegs. But I usually scan the back of them first.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Like I do with women, I scan then front first the check out the rest.   :P