Author Topic: TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 at SWS.com  (Read 38926 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TOMY Remote Control R2-D2 at SWS.com
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2005, 09:50 AM »
How much out of scale are these guys? Can anyone post a comparison picture of a Hasbro R2 and a Tomy?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2005, 12:33 PM »

It'd be cool by me other than the price, but being sorta "premium" items I'm ok with that price even.

The price is much better through Robby.jp, though I don't know what the total is going to be after shipping and whatnot.  I ordered a few of each from robby.jp, if only to help preserve my status over there for the next kubrick series.  I wanted to get my R2's from there as well, but they were out and the preorder was closed by the time I signed up.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Can anyone post a comparison picture of a Hasbro R2 and a Tomy?

Cancel that. Found some pictures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2005, 03:35 PM »
And?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2005, 09:34 PM »
If you guys are wondering how the RC holds up to the Hasbro astro's, it's perfect.  Not poseable mind you, but it fits in AOK.  I lovethese as a sort of "sub" category.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2005, 06:37 AM »
I love my remote controlled R2 - like Jesse said, it fits in great with the Hasbro line of 3.75" figures. It physically stands a hair taller than the other R2 units, but it does so for one simple reason - the functioning wheels. If Hasbro were to make the "rolling action" wheels on their astromechs really work with a push, then those figures would stand at the same height too.

I pre-ordered my R4-P17 from the club yesterday and I hope they are going to also be carrying the all black Imperial Astromech (I'm sorry I can't recall it's name, R2-Q6 I think, but I'm not sure).

Down the line, once we get the new R5-D4, I'd love to see Hasbro share the head mold for R5 and then we get a remote controlled version of him.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Oh this is embarassing. 

I dragged my ass never ordering the R2 from SWS.com and now they are gone.  Ebay prices are already silly ::) so I'm looking for one or two of these.  I have the two new versions ordered from Robby.jp already, though they won't arrive for months but I'll happily trade either version for one or both for two if anyone has a spare. 

Loser.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I ordered the R4=P17 figure from the shop. I like these little guys.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Brent,

They still have this in stock here.  Not sure if they ship to Canada.

Oh this is embarassing. 

I dragged my ass never ordering the R2 from SWS.com and now they are gone.  Ebay prices are already silly ::) so I'm looking for one or two of these.  I have the two new versions ordered from Robby.jp already, though they won't arrive for months but I'll happily trade either version for one or both for two if anyone has a spare. 

Loser.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Not sure if they ship to Canada.

I just checked there site to see if they do and the answer is Yes.

International Shipping

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2005, 11:21 PM »
I just noticed the location, it's right over by JediMac's job to.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2005, 05:30 PM »
I finally got my Remote Control R2 from swshop today.  I ordered it along with the Wedge ANtilles figure and they shipped the whole order together.

Anyway, I think this is one of the coolest ideas for an action feature ever!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2005, 03:29 PM »
For anyone that has an account with Robby.jp there will be a limited re-issue of the R2-D2 version in January.  Naturally this appeared after I got mine off ebay ::)  I didn't pay any more than I would have at SWS.com but I did pay more than from Robby.jp.

I finally do have one in hand and it looks pretty much identical in terms of scale.  Nice piece and though I haven't yet played with it, it looks well worth the price.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2005, 09:55 PM »
I got that same e-mail Brent.  I've pre-ordered the remote control R4-P17 and R2-Q5, so this comes at just the right time since I never did get my hands on the R2-D2.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2005, 12:45 AM »
They're an absolute blast to roll around a hard floor or table...  I can attest to that.  I reviewed the R2-D2 so if you want some opinion it's around somewhere, but yeah it was fun to mess with.  :)

THe packaging is nice to keep too and I'm not much of a packaging fan...  I don't usually even comment much on it, but for stuff like VOTC, Evolutions, and these RC Astromechs it's definitely worth a nod.

I can imagine someone making a Death Star obstacle course for the black astromech...  :)

I somehow wish Tomy was doing unique paintjobs after R2-D2 though, rather than duplicating paintjobs Hasbro's already covered.  Like make a black with yellow markings Imperial astromech just for diversity's sake...  Or a totally unique color from the films perhaps.  Just something different that Hasbro wouldn't do (since it seems to be like pulling teeth to get them tod o what was actually in the films in the first place).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77