Author Topic: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)  (Read 49154 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2005, 09:03 AM »
So, the most important question (Jared, or anyone else with them in hand), as always with these repack sets, does it look like any of the figures from either of those are different/revised/rescuplted/new in any way? Or just identical re-releases?

Well Matt, even though I don't have (and don't intend on getting) the Throne Room set, I did look rather closely at it, and all 5 figures look to be straight repacks of their earlier versions with no sculpting changes.  Whether or not there are paint changes, I don't know, but they're the same figures that we've already gotten.  The only really obvious difference I noted was that the Stormtrooper comes with the post-POTJ scale blaster instead of that huge rifle, so there you go.

The Vader and Clone Pilot in the JTA set are straight repacks too.  I compared them to the regular carded versions last night and neither of them have any noticeable differences in the sculpts or paint apps.  The only differences are the lack of extra accessories with those two, as Vader does not include the lightsaber hilt, extra non-saber hand, or Dooku saber, and the Clone Pilot doesn't include that huge radar cannon doohickey.  Other than that, they're identical to the basic carded releases.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Let me just second that. The only difference for ANY of the re-released figures in both of these packs is the LACK of accessories.

Emperor - doesn't include the small lightning snap on accessories that came with the original figure

Stormtrooper - includes the smaller blaster accessory and doesn't also come with the gun-rack and pistol that the figure has been carded with so many times over.

Anakin/Vader - like DP said, doesn't include the spare hand, lightsaber hilt or a second sith lightsaber (either Vader's in an Anakin hand or Count Dooku's) like both variations of the original figure did.

Clone Pilot - again, like DP said, no radar-dish cannon, which to me is no loss since that accessory stinks and since I have seven open Gray/White Pilots and four open Black Jumpsuit Pilots, the last thing I needed was another one of those!

So unless you're a retard like me that has to get 2 of EVERYTHING no matter what, you can definitely pass on a getting a second Imperial Throne Room set - which is what A LOT of people will do, which is why KMart will have a GLUT of the Imperial set and not be able to keep the Jedi Temple Assault set on the shelves.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2005, 03:15 PM »

Clone Pilot - again, like DP said, no radar-dish cannon, which to me is no loss since that accessory stinks and since I have seven open Gray/White Pilots and four open Black Jumpsuit Pilots, the last thing I needed was another one of those!

Oh, how I loathe that radar cannon.  It sucked the first time they released it (with the 2002 Padme Pilot figure), and even though they made significant modifications this time around, it still sucks.  After taking a long time to discover what that goofy handle was that came with the figure, it makes it look even worse.  Clone Pilot Radar Cannon, may you rot in a landfill.   :P

Sorry for the derail, but my hatred of Clone Pilot Radar Cannons becomes more profound each day.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Sorry for the derail, but my hatred of Clone Pilot Radar Cannons becomes more profound each day.

Then give them to meeeee! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm actually a fan of it Dr. P, but that's because it makes good diorama Fodder.  I've been using mine as small anti-personnel towers in dioramas.  Makes a nice EU Rebel weapon, and a paintjob can be all the difference for that thing, trust me.

But it's not in the movie so it is a bit goofy.  A removable helmet would've been preferred on the Clone Pilot over this accessory.

I'm still trying to figure out WTF the black bar thing is that the Pilot comes with.  Looks like a tool I guess, but why, and for what?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2005, 05:50 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out WTF the black bar thing is that the Pilot comes with. Looks like a tool I guess, but why, and for what?

Jesse, if you're talking about the long-handled claw looking thing, it's the "trigger" for the radar dish.  It serves no purpose in the firing of the missle, but aesthetically, that's why it's there.

At the base of the radar cannon tower, there is a small open space (where the little lever thing went on the Padme Pilot version).  In this open space on the base of the tower is a very tiny hole, and on the end of the claw trigger thing is a tiny little peg that can fit directly into that hole.  The longish part of the claw piece juts out at an approximate 50% angle and the Clone Pilot can hold it in his hand to make it look like it's the trigger for the cannon.

It's times like this that I really wish I had a digital camera so I could show rather than explain, because I think that pictures would make more sense than I just did. :)  If you need further clarification, just PM me and I'll try to explain myself.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2005, 07:49 PM »
It's times like this that I really wish I had a digital camera so I could show rather than explain, because I think that pictures would make more sense than I just did. :)  If you need further clarification, just PM me and I'll try to explain myself.

Eh, just steal one from Jared (JD's Image Database Guru)!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Emperor - doesn't include the small lightning snap on accessories that came with the original figure

Let me just correct myself here, I have no idea what I was thinking here. The Emperor figure is the same figure as ROTS #11 - the same one you can find everywhere now as an individually carded figure. So the only accessory you loose out on with this figure is the lightsaber, which kinda sucks, I would have loved to score an extra one of those.

For some reason I was thinking those mini lightning things that came with the Saga Emperor came with this figure as well. Duh to me.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2005, 10:05 PM »

Umm, yeah, what Jeff said.  ;D

(D'OH!)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2005, 11:46 PM »

Well ****, that's stupid.  :-\

I think I'll deal without the hockey stick out its back. 

They still make nice diorama fodder if you're into battle scenes and imagine the Rebs using these as nice trench warfare weaponry.  That stick's dumb though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #205 on: August 30, 2005, 10:30 AM »
As Jayson pointed out, Hasbro's got a new update this AM with nice shots of all the Battle Packs...

http://hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsid.F98D026A-D56F-E112-474259A61D694ED0/dn/default.cfm

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #206 on: August 30, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Hasbro blew it again… another missed opportunity to give us a Commtech Han, what do we get? The Saga Endor Raid version. I wonder if he will be available with both the white and gray action lever?  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2005, 03:39 PM »
I really like the Target "Clone" pack. Not sure that I am going to like the price or how hard it is to find. ::)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 30, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Forgive me if I've missed anyone bring this up, but have we brought up any "wish lists" on these lately?  I've got a couple of wish lists for new ones.  I'll make one for each film.

TPM - Federation Army

- 5 Battle Droids, based off of the POTJ Security Droid sculpt (2 grunts, 2 red security, 1 yellow commander)

AOTC - Geonosis Battle

- 1 SA Clone, 1 Clone Pilot, 1 Geonosian Warrior, 1 new Arena Padme, 1 new Arena Mace Windu

ROTS - Kashyyyk Forces

- 3 BARC Troopers, 1 Sneak Preview Wookiee repaint, 1 Wookie #43 repaint

ANH - Tatooine Encounter

- 2 Sandtroopers, 1 Tusken Raider, C3PO, R2D2

ESB - Cloud City Battle

- 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Bespin Guards, 1 Imperial Officer (new head sculpt)

ROTJ - Battle of Endor

- 2 Scout Troopers, 2 Endor Troopers (new heads), 1 Paploo

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 5, 2005, 02:48 PM »
I like your list, CHEWIE.  And in that spirit, I'll throw my own picks into the fray, based on the film-by-film format you employed. :)

THE PHANTOM MENACE:
-Naboo Invasion: OOM-9 (unreleased Trophy Edition figure), Destroyer Droid (Episode I body with post-Saga "head), Gungan Warrior (from Faamba), Queen Amidala (Episode I Battle figure), and Security Battle Droid (POTJ repack)

ATTACK OF THE CLONES:
-Geonosis Arena: Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS Pilot figure with new head), Clone Trooper (SA Clone Wars figure), Super Battle Droid (new SA sculpt), Jango Fett (SA version, based on VOTC Boba Fett with necessary mods), and Padme Amidala (Droid Factory lower torso, new head and upper body)

REVENGE OF THE SITH (based on us actually getting Cody as a basic figure next year):
-Utapau Assault: Commander Fox/Clone Medic (new parts), Utapau Clone Trooper (SA repaint) x 2, Battle Droid (SA, maybe new sculpt or Episode I version with a new paint job), and Grievous Bodyguard (new sculpt, SA, soft goods cloak)

A NEW HOPE:
-Death Star Escape: Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise (based on VOTC Stormie with new head), Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise (ditto), Death Star Trooper (based on POTJ/Saga Imperial Officer with new head), Grand Moff Tarkin (ROTS figure with new or repainted head), and a VOTC Stormtrooper.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:
-Cloud City Freezing Chamber:  Bespin Security Guard (x 2 with two different heads), Boba Fett (VOTC in ESB colors with removable helmet), Han Solo in Carbonite (2006 TSC version of block with regular "non-glowing" paint), and a VOTC Stormtrooper.

RETURN OF THE JEDI:
-The Battle of Endor:  Han Solo in Endor Gear (VOTC with brown pants and a soft goods coat), 2 x SA Scout Troopers (new sculpt), Endor Rebel Soldier (Saga version with new head), and an AT-ST Driver (based on the Imperial Forces version/POTJ/Saga Imperial Officer with a new head and removable helmet from Saga/OTC Endor Han)

A boy can dream... :)