Author Topic: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated  (Read 75570 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 11:27 AM »
I think the Imperial Dignitary and Death Squad Commander need to be ont he for sure list. They were done so different that these need to be redone. The Dignitary especially, since its a different character.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 11:30 AM »
I guess I call all 14 of them as undone in general but others will say differently.  I think people are satisfied with Piett and Ozzel and the Jumpsuit Commander to say they don't need a Black Tuniced Officer.  Others will say that they do indeed need one.  It's all splitting hairs which is why its debateable.

The other reason many people say the Dignitary has been made is because the likelihood of them making a Vintage Sim Aloo is about slim and none

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 12:49 PM »
How can the death star trooper not be considered an accurate re-sculpt? Are we talking about the shoulder patches, a grey tunic or something else?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 12:52 PM »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Final Vintage Predictions
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 12:54 PM »
I don't know much about vintage, but by my reckoning, these are the remaining ones:

AT-ST Driver (?)

Been released a couple of times.  The same sculpt was released 2 times in the POTF2 line (Green Card, Freeze Frame).  As well as the Imperial Forces 4-pack at TRU.

Yeah, I remembered later on. Thanks though. :)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 05:28 PM »
I still really want a black uniformed Imperial.  I'd be fine if they just made the guy from ANH who says "Holding her is dangerous..."

And, I want a new DSC figure in black, and grey.  It's an easy 2 for 1 for Hasbro.

And, I'd like a black uniformed Imperial from ANH that has the brown leather holster.  But that would be gravy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Grey Tunic

Thanks. You know I don't know how I feel about that. This guy is in the BG and all the other guys are wearing black. I almost feel like the black is passable to fill the order. Who know's maybe they'le give us both. After all, they gave us a Blue Snaggletooth.

Now, what about a black uniformed Imperial commander being movie accurate.... ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 07:26 AM »
I still believe that the pic of the Death Star Trooper is in a black outfit, and thats the way the light is reflecting off of him that makes it seem grey.  We never did see another grey DS Trooper in any of the three films except this pic.  Can anyone post any other pics ???

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 10:43 AM »
I tell ya, I started a similar thread over at that "other" site, and most of those guys are as dumb as bricks. They just don't get it. People are complining that the choces are terrible and creating their own wish lists with PT figure. Someone needs to teach the yonger generation how to read and comprehend.  :P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 03:15 PM »
I still believe that the pic of the Death Star Trooper is in a black outfit, and thats the way the light is reflecting off of him that makes it seem grey.  We never did see another grey DS Trooper in any of the three films except this pic.  Can anyone post any other pics ???

Well I have the vintage figures card back still, i have to dig it out and check to see if he is wearing grey. Even if he isnt, i wouldnt mind seeing a grey version just to have one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 03:20 PM »

Well I have the vintage figures card back still, i have to dig it out and check to see if he is wearing grey. Even if he isnt, i wouldnt mind seeing a grey version just to have one.

The cardback is the same pic listed above.  Thats the only pic I have ever seen that makes the outfit look grey.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I think I've watched that scene a couple of times on the DVD.  Its the one with Motti, Tarkin and Vader talking about blowing up Dantooine, I believe.  I was pretty sure it was gray in there but I can't remember for sure...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 04:48 PM »
BTW, someone asked this exact question at the Comic Con Q & A with Hasbro last weekend, about the possibility of them hopefully finishing off the last remaining figures from the vintage Kenner line.  Hasbro was surprisingly receptive to the idea, and pretty much said that they had every intention of doing exactly that, but it just may take a few more years is all.  But they said this is something that they specifically want to do, so I'm pretty sure we'll be getting the rest of these figures in the future, and yes, that apparently means a whole bunch more Ewoks.

I can see Brent jumping up and down in pure joy right now...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Cool. Now we just need to see about remaking the Ewoks & Droids figures in modern styling. :P

Yeah, like that'll happen. 'Twould be really cool though.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:54 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 04:59 PM »
BTW, someone asked this exact question at the Comic Con Q & A with Hasbro last weekend, about the possibility of them hopefully finishing off the last remaining figures from the vintage Kenner line.  Hasbro was surprisingly receptive to the idea, and pretty much said that they had every intention of doing exactly that, but it just may take a few more years is all. 

It's news like this that renews my faith in Hasbro - at least some of the guys there don't have their heads up their butts.   :)