Author Topic: ROTS Recent Purchases  (Read 254466 times)

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Recent Purchases
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2005, 04:00 AM »
So far found only these in the Netherlands:
Darth Vader (Lightsaber attack!)
Yoda (Firing Cannon!)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack!)
Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack!)
Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack!)
Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning!)
Mace Windu (Force Combat!)

There were also the lightsabres but I pass on those.

It's great to live here... ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Target did some mild restocking this weekend, so I picked up another #6 Clonetrooper (first one I've seen at the "Big 3" of Target/WM/TRU since 4/2), and also got the final cup set I was missing, the Grievous one.  Target had two of this one, but none of the others.  I don't know if it is the same in other areas, but Target seems to be the only one of the big retail places that is moving their ROTS product with any regularity.  I'm sure some stuff sells at Wal-Mart too, but with as much product as they have in, and the general chaos of their toy/figure section, it doesn't look like anything moves.  TRU looks about the same to me as it did on 4/2 :).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Target did some mild restocking this weekend, so I picked up another #6 Clonetrooper (first one I've seen at the "Big 3" of Target/WM/TRU since 4/2), and also got the final cup set I was missing, the Grievous one.  Target had two of this one, but none of the others.  I don't know if it is the same in other areas, but Target seems to be the only one of the big retail places that is moving their ROTS product with any regularity.  I'm sure some stuff sells at Wal-Mart too, but with as much product as they have in, and the general chaos of their toy/figure section, it doesn't look like anything moves.  TRU looks about the same to me as it did on 4/2 :).

Agreed - Target is having the best success when it comes to turn-over - at least in my neck of the woods as well.

Walmart's stock is depleting but they aren't putting anything new out either.

TRU on the other hand looks just like it did when the doors opened at midnight except for the hard-to-find stuff. I see the biggest reason for this is that, in my area at least, the stores got allocated ONLY Collection 1, Wave 1 and Collection 2, Wave 1 - so they have tons and tons of figures #1 - #24 AND THAT IS IT!

At this point, collectors don't need those figures and kids really haven't started to buy yet since the movie isn't out yet. This is the only thing TRU has going for it - come May 19th they'll still have a Darth Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2, C-3PO, Emperor, Clonetrooper and Padme. At the rate of product decay at WalMart and Target - they will not.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Picked up a Polis Massan (#39) and the Sneak Preview R4-G9 at Wal-Mart. Now I've finally got all four of the SP figures.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2005, 01:11 PM »
i picked up one set of figures #41-44 today at wal-mart. i found one fresh case that included one each of #41-44, one each #33-36 (red saber palpy), and if i recall one each of #1-3 (gaahhh!) and #9. the one thing of interest is that the #41 clone has a dirty /  battle damaged type of paint app. i assumed this was going to be clean like the #6 clone because i didn't hear anyone mention otherwise.

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
  • Move along... move along.
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Not a new purchase but a pic of what I wanted #28 to be.
(Plus I didn't want to start a new thread for a crappy pic)
**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
  • Move along... move along.
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2005, 08:55 AM »
My Clone Commander arrived today and Im very pleased with It, great accessories and I love the grappling gear.
I wish all figures came with this amount of extras.
Another plus Is the Commander gear that can be taken off.

Just waiting on Palpertine #35 to come through now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 08:56 AM by DooMTrooper »
**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005, 10:10 AM »
Picked up Vader's Medical Droid, AT-TE Tank Gunner, Polis Massan and Mas Amedda at a Kohls on Wednesday - they had the price of the figures down from $7.99 to $5.99.

I bought two each of the Medical Droid, Polis Massan and Mas Amedda and then I grabbed all six of the AT-TE tank gunners they had.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005, 01:40 PM »
picked up the anakin #2 dooku saber variation at wal-mart today. go to the ROTS ERROR / VARIATION thread for details.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 03:20 PM by darkksith »

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2005, 02:22 AM »
Picked up a Clone Commander and a Clone Pilot from WM tonight, bringing my total for ROTS figures up to 17 (not counting the SP figures). I've seen all of the first 40, except #38 and I figure he'll be a difficult find.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2005, 07:01 AM »
Picked up Vader's Medical Droid, AT-TE Tank Gunner, Polis Massan and Mas Amedda at a Kohls on Wednesday - they had the price of the figures down from $7.99 to $5.99.

I bought two each of the Medical Droid, Polis Massan and Mas Amedda and then I grabbed all six of the AT-TE tank gunners they had.

Id take one of those Gunners off your hands. He's the only one besides 41-44 that I am looking for.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2005, 09:21 AM »
I made a few finds yesterday.  Our local Wal-Mart had a few later figures sprinkled in with the initial batch, so I was able to pick up a Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, and another #6 Clonetrooper.  No other later figures (from 32 on up), but it did look like they'd restocked some of them...as there were a lot more 3POs and Padmes than there was previously.  Those figures seem to be selling pretty well.  Now if someone would just buy some of those Obi/SBD or Palpy deluxe figures, so we could get the 2nd wave put out :).  I guess I can't complain, I haven't bought them either.

I also picked up the Mustafar playset, but haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep it.  From the box, it seems like it might be kind of neat, but I'm trying to figure out if I really need it.  I never picked up the Arena from AOTC, and seemed to regret it sometimes, so for $30-ish on this playset, I decided to pick it up.  I'm hanging on to the receipt for now though, we'll see.

Finally, stopped at TRU on the off chance that they might actually have something new.  Not too much, although I did find a lone AT-RT, which is the one that I haven't been able to find anywhere since the launch.  I saw two at this same TRU on 4/2, but passed at the time...and had regretted it since.  I was glad to find it.  Bring on the Wookiee Helicopter :P.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Thanks to Bob Dylan SW Fan, I found the Super Art Clone, Wookiee and Neimoidian at TRU tonight (along with all of the figures 32-40 which I left except for an extra AT-TE and the Chopper Droid which I hadn't bought yet, and Red Saber Palpatine).

There were a ton there so hopefully this continues to be a good sign of some rather good distribution

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Thanks to Bob Dylan SW Fan, I found the Super Art Clone, Wookiee and Neimoidian at TRU tonight (along with all of the figures 32-40 which I left except for an extra AT-TE and the Chopper Droid which I hadn't bought yet, and Red Saber Palpatine).

Ditto!

I hit TRU today and picked up:

2x #38 AT-TE Gunner
1x #41 SA Clone Trooper (last one :(  but at least I got 1)
2x #42 Nemoidian Warrior
2x #43 Wookiee Warrior
2x #44 Droideka

Woo-hoo!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Lucky bastards. Hopefully they're being shipped that well everywhere.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks