Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53471 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I don't supose anyone has heard anything on the rumor mill about whether or not we're going to see a round 3 of these shipping?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2005, 12:57 PM »
I heard it was 2.  I also heard that these were at or below the level of lava vader, I don't know if that last part is reliable.  It may very well not be.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2005, 01:17 PM »
I'm still trying to find one/ win one on ebay for less than an arm and a leg price  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Eh, I still consider the figure one of Neyo's grunts.

On Utapau, there were grunts with both style helmets:

The "medic" Clone has the Neyo style helmet.

Actually I think that's this guy:

Neyo's helmet is a little different:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:00 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2005, 09:18 PM »

Eh, my point was that on Utapau, there were different Helmet Clones under one commander.  If there can be different helmets in one unit there, it can happen for Neyo and his grunts too in my little world.

;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2005, 10:16 PM »

Eh, my point was that on Utapau, there were different Helmet Clones under one commander.  If there can be different helmets in one unit there, it can happen for Neyo and his grunts too in my little world.

;)

I agree, it's just that the phrase "in my little world" translates to "expanded universe."  It's not in the movie, so it's not canon.  Neyo's troops didn't have standard clone helmets in the movie, and therefore, the Target clone is expanded universe.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2005, 11:50 AM »

I agree, it's just that the phrase "in my little world" translates to "expanded universe."  It's not in the movie, so it's not canon.  Neyo's troops didn't have standard clone helmets in the movie, and therefore, the Target clone is expanded universe.

What if the Target clones were in a cut scene?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Cut scene=non canon.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2005, 07:52 PM »

Neyo's troops weren't even shown. The second clone riding with Neyo is command rank. He looks like he's the same damn model as Neyo to my eyes.

Cut scene=non canon.

Kevin

I know cannon/non-cannon is a debatable beast, but under my own personal view of EU, I don't really agree with you guys' statements there.

Under that reasoning, the visit with Padme's parents in AOTC (on the DVD) is EU. If that's the case, the middle-aged couple and small children following Padme's casket in ROTS could be just strangers, if we've never seen them in final cuts of the movies before and thier names or relations aren't communicated on-screen.

My take is that if it made it through development and was trimmed from the film for pacing reasons, there's no reason to not consider them legit. I could reason that Neyo's troops were designed out as much as any other platoon that was developed for Coruscant, Utupua, or anywhere else. They're just not on screen because they have to reason to be for the story.

Uh, not that I've seen a finished model of the Neyo grunt.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 09:07 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2005, 10:49 AM »
Setting aside the "EU or Not?" debate for a second...

If you don't have a Target Clone Trooper yet, you may want to check out our new give-away.   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2005, 12:40 PM »
I hope I win - the ebay auction I mentioned earlier was a scam.  Glad I waited to send payment.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Yay for the Target Clone, I hope it finds a good home... 

On  the issue of canon...  The films themselves are the only true canon, but cutscenes offer a sticky situation.  They are "film" afterall.  They are Lucas's vision, but they're edited out...  I don't know what that entails then. 

I've personally looked at cutscene stuff as just being part of the story, however their level of canon's in doubt so I come to the conclusion it's not really canon I guess.  Then again the dialogue Red Leader had with Luke was edited down because it wouldn't jive with the prequals....  That could sorta put a nail in the "Cut-scenes = canon" debate since that's cut from the film, and contradicts the story as well.  I dunno.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2005, 09:10 PM »
IMHO - I say cannon, schmannon... Why not enjoy it all.  Life is too short to be shackled by what is cannon and what isn't.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2005, 11:11 PM »
They are Lucas's vision, but they're edited out... 

Yeah, edited out of the movie, and only the movie is canon.

Personally, there's nothing wrong with EU.  I myself only like figures that come from the movies more or less, and the Target clone is not in the movie.  The biggest thing about the target clone that kept me from buying it though was the fact that a few suits worked up the balls to charge us $12.99 per figure for an army builder.  That was a kick in the nuts guys.  And what really sucks is that they STILL flew off the shelves.  So you can bet on getting kicked in the nuts again, that's for sure.  And next time, it will be $14.99 - but you guys who bought this will reap what you sow.  And that is, a nice pile of invitations was just sent to Hasbro to rip us off some more and take advantage of our addiction to the hobby.  Research Topps a bit.   At any rate, it's your hard earned money and you can do what you want with it, but this whole episode with Target was really really screwed up, and as a group we swallowed it hook, line and sinker, and are still begging for more. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2005, 12:07 AM »
The edited footage is still "film" though...  If it's included in a DVD, one could make that argument that it's as much canon then...  It's Lucas made, Lucas controlled...

I lean towards neither side on the issue right now other than none of the edited stuff bugs me (I'd not mind it being reinserted into a future DVD).

As far as if this will bite us in the ass...  I don't know that it will.

I more fear the EE 4-packs being of greater detriment to army building.  I think there was genuine sentiment that this Target figure would be considered "obscure" enough that people wouldn't go ga-ga to army build it as much...  They don't know their audience inside out is what I've learned.

The EE sets were more a straight forward kick to the nuts in my view...  Army building with them was cost prohibitive (as it is with the Target Clone).  I honestly don't know people who've built a nice army of SA Clones using those EE sets...  Most just got a set of all 4 of the 4-packs, or people went in on cases with people to make the cost just around retail.  Nobody went ape **** and built 100+ figure armies (that I'm aware of).

The Target Clone is the same...  I got a handful from a friend...  The Target Clone didn't fly off the pegs here either.  The reshipment actually sat and slowly dwindled.  I think people just picked some up here and there, and Scalpers (I know when I go to the Toy Show next month that I'm gonna see these for like $25 a figure) bought what they could...

It could've been that a reshipment happened that I saw these sorta stagnate at one point though...  I wouldn't say they pegwarmed by any stretch though...  We'll see how this pans out.  Exclusives always have sorta stung in the price department though...  And they don't tend to sit.  Even the figures that seemed to get a pretty hefty production run like Silver R2's didn't exactly shelf warm and it was costly to get that figure (especially if you bought it outright).

I don't mean to justify the Target Clone...  To me it's as bad an idea for an exclusive as they've had, but I don't think it's gonna mean $15/figure army builders are in our future now, and that Hasbro is going to go out of their way (any more than they already have) to make annoying exclusives at high prices.  This really was the status quo since way back.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77