Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60694 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 11/12/2005 HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Hi All

This is an older custom figure I did I pulled him out from the wardrobe and pulled him apart and redid him. The figure is Klaang from Enterprise Broken Bow this is what he looked liked before a started http://www.startrekdb.se/leksaker/art_asylum/broken_bow/broken_bow.php?visa=broken_bow-klaang.jpg.

The only thing that I did'nt sand or cut away where the legs and head, once everything was removed I got to work on him.
1-The tunic is from an old t-shirt which I cut it to size and sewed and glued to the main bodyand added elastic strips and cord to it.
I then added the back armour using plasti-card cut out to the desired shape and thinkness.
2-The shoulder armour is a combination of plasti-card and rubber and elastic strips.
3-The arms where covered in and old hankychief and then covered with static grass to give it that furry look.
4- The belt is some old hard rubber I had lying around and teh holster is made from scrap leather.
5-The hands where covered with greenstuff and molded and then plasti-card was used for the spikes

I re-painted the body using Vallejo, Reaper miniature, GW and artist paints. And for the head and hands I used artist paints and GW paints.

sorry pics lost

Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:06 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 11/12/2005 HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Hi Guys

Here are a few Marvel Super Hero's I ve done they are both repaints except for Captian America I've just added some damage to him using greenstuff teh both have been painted using vallejo, reaper and GW paints.

Captian America

Iron man

Ron
PS - once I get my computer up and running I'll post more pics.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:10 AM by hemble »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 28/12/2005 HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Great work Hemble!  The paint apps are incredible, I really like the beat-up Cap. America.
Are you able to keep the paint from chipping off of the joints? When I made my Marvel Legends Boba Fett I had a little trouble keeping the paint on the shoulder and knee joints  :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Hi G

Thanks mate glad you like em with the paint you have 2 options
1- sand down the joint sections a little so that paint doesn't rub
2- once you've painted the joints use a little super glue on the area's you don't want rubbing to occur.

Ron

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I always mean to try that super-glue trick but never get around to it.  Thanks!

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Wonderful  pain apps!I love that Captain America.
Just one question  how do you get the super glue on with out gluing the joint i've had bad experiances doing that in the past.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Hemble your painting is so great that I don't even know where to start with these.  The detail is just amazing.  I think you are the best painter around.
You bring a level of "life" to your work that I could only dream of achieving!

:P

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2005, 04:26 PM »
i really like the Capt. America the best -- the level of paint detail is astounding on it. i like the torn mask and the weathering and tears on the suit look so realistic, like he fought one helluva battle in the real world and took a few licks here and there.

i am looking forward to seeing more of your work  :)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2005, 05:49 PM »
You are deffinately Tops in the Paint department. Are the Iron Man and the Captain America the 4" Scale figs or the Marvel Legends Figs. I Can't tell from the Pics. Either way they look great.

Keep up the Great Work :)
Fritzkrieg

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks guys glad you like them and thanks for the comments I have more in the works I also got my computer fixed so I'll more pics very soon.

Fritz - Hi mate the figures are the Marvel Legends Series which are 6" or there about.

NoMercyJoe - I use a tooth pick and slowely apply it to the the areas that I think will srcatch and I do a little at a time.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2006, 06:26 AM »
Hi All

Well I'm back  ;D it's been to bloody long for my taste I've finally completed all the commission works I had to do and I just got a patch of SW figures so it won't be long before you'll see my next SW custom and repaint.

Also I've hasd a quick look at people's customs and I'll reply to them all in the next couple of days you guys/gals sure have been busy. So to start of a new year I decided to do the figure below he took me 10.5 hrs over the weekend LMK what you think.

When Enterprise aired the In a Mirror Darkly episode I knew I had to make a Mirror universe Archer I've always liked these kind of episodes and this was no exception Archer has had scuplting done and he was painted using  Reaper and GW paints.

Body - The body from head to toe is the Artasylum Archer from Broken Bow.
Head - The head has been cut and sanded down and greenstuff was added to give him the spikey look from the episode.
Belt, holster and shoulder strap - These have been made from left over leather and small wire was attached to the ends of the straps to the belts.
Weapons - The laser pistol is from the Archer figure set and the knife and sheath are from Artasylums Mirror universe Kirk.
Shoulder epelets, patches and decorations - the epelets are from leather and plasticard card cut to size and painted and the
decorations are also made from plasticard and painted and the patches are from the internet resized, printed and cut out and glued.

sorry pics lost

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:11 AM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 30/01/2006 HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2006, 10:56 AM »
That's so real and lifelike... wow.  I really am impressed once again.  It's hard to give you any advice, because you already paint these a million times better than I could.

Thanks for showing them as always, and being so helpful in your process.  Sometimes at a certain other site there are some expert painters who don't always want to share their techniques. 

Now, we need to see a new Star Wars figure.   ;)

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Hi Chewie

Thanks for the reply mate and thanks for the kind words, I know what you mean about other painters but you know me if I can help someone improve in a certain area I'm more then happy to.

And You'll see 3 new SW figures end of next week 2 repaints and 1 custom.

Ron

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Man, I don't know how I missed this!  The paint job is crazy, nice job!
It's eerie how much he looks like a real person, the paint apps on the face are incredible!

I can't wait to see your SW customs  :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 1, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Hi Gregorbian

Thanks for the comments mate really apprecaite it

Ron