Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 114904 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #180 on: December 2, 2008, 05:01 PM »
the move to a mini-van would be a lateral move on the cool-tinuum of cars. 

Sienna = Odyssey

Sienna > Focus

Yeah, probably... :(
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: December 2, 2008, 05:04 PM »
I think Focus actually is a nice looking little car...  Minivans just never have a cool look to them.  I'd stick with a focus.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 2, 2008, 05:18 PM »
I think Focus actually is a nice looking little car...  Minivans just never have a cool look to them.  I'd stick with a focus.

It's a fun little car to drive.  Got one as a loaner a few months back.  Much roomier on the inside then you'd expect and it gets great mileage.  25mpg city - not bad compared to my thirsty ass suv.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline TerdVader

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 2, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I drive a focus. It's really fast, and fun for a small car. I will, however, admit that I get an unnatural urge to throw red shells at the cars I pass on the highway.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 2, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Ford Escape.  Very nice to have a 4WD in the winter.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 2, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Ford Escape.  Very nice to have a 4WD in the winter.

Typical American.  Someone even just says snow and you guys slide all over the frickin' place ::) ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: December 2, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Hey, us Northeastern guys know what we're doing!  Don't lump us all together...  And I'm driving for a living now, at least in part, and in a vehicle with 2wd (rear) and made of aluminum.  Top driving in ****** weather in that thing! :)  Plus Western PA isn't exactly known for is flat plains and fields.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 3, 2008, 08:31 AM »
Minivans just never have a cool look to them.

My point is that at some point you have to realize there are more important things than looking cool.

Yeah, I've gotten over the 'looking cool while driving' phase of my life.  I've been married for 7 years and have two kids... I really don't care if the 20-something year old girl driving next to me thinks I look cool, or the guy I'm driving next to is jealous because he wishes he could be driving the sports car I own.  Now it's more about ease of getting the kids to and from daycare, having a reliable vehicle to get me to and from work, and feeling comfortable on long trips.

I don't consider them particularly safe though either.  I drove them for delivery jobs and they just never felt safe to me either, so that's probably part of my stigma towards them.

As far as safety is concerned, I'm pretty satisfied with the crash test ratings on the Odyssey as well as how many airbags it has.  But I've also driven the stripped down fleet versions of minivans in the past and I would agree with you that those never seems particularly sturdy to me.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to a person's preferences and needs.  Someone who is vehemently opposed to owning a minivan will never be convinced otherwise.  My family has owned vans and minivans my entire life, so I was never opposed to them at any time.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 3, 2008, 09:48 AM »

Yeah I guess on a 'coolness' factor the Focus wins.  But at this stage in my life, I'm more concerned with quality and longevity.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: December 3, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I thought FOcus got good scores on the longevity, gas mileage, etc.  And I've heard it's one of the better cars on the road quality-wise competing easily with foreign cars.  Probably because I'd bet it's comprised of many foreign made parts, if not constructed itself in another country.  ::)  I've heard nothing but good things about the Focus though...  Stuff like that, the G5 (or G6?  I'm losing track of Pontiac cars these days), I've always heard good things about.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 3, 2008, 10:55 AM »
But at this stage in my life, I'm more concerned with quality and longevity.

That's what she said............. ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 3, 2008, 11:17 AM »
I thought FOcus got good scores on the longevity, gas mileage, etc.  And I've heard it's one of the better cars on the road quality-wise competing easily with foreign cars.  Probably because I'd bet it's comprised of many foreign made parts, if not constructed itself in another country.  ::)  I've heard nothing but good things about the Focus though...  Stuff like that, the G5 (or G6?  I'm losing track of Pontiac cars these days), I've always heard good things about.

The new ones are probably on par. 

The early versions. . . from my own experience and others. . . not so much.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 3, 2008, 11:19 AM »

These days, people are giving up size for performance and efficiency.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 3, 2008, 11:21 AM »

These days, people are giving up size for performance and efficiency.

They still don't want to sacrifice quality.
I am not the Stig

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 3, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Quality will always be on top.

« Last Edit: December 3, 2008, 11:24 AM by ruiner »