Author Topic: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122029 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 13 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Just got back from TRU with some interesting news. Count me in the camp that thinks this Wave is going to be really hard to find.

They had nothing new on the pegs today, except a few extra TFU sets which had been out since Wednesday. I asked my guy there whether they got a new truck overnight or not. (Our TRU's restock Wed and Fri) He said yes, but they couldn't put everything out on display. Come to find out, they got a whopping ONE CASE of the EU Wave to put out on the endcap display going up tomorrow. ONE CASE!!!

I know for a fact, since I have been stalking this store relentlessly recently, that there are several other dweebs out looking for these. I'm literally going to have to show up prior to opening tomorrow (9am) and then run/fist-fight other geeks to score the one figure I actually want from this wave - K'krukh.

Seriously, I am going to have to sprint to the aisle and wrestle this out of someone's sweaty paws, I just know it. Because if I don't get him Saturday, I will likely never see him again.

Case in point - TCW 2010 Wave 1. Our TRU got ONE FRIGGING CASE months ago and have NEVER re-stocked this wave or either of the 2 subsequent TCW waves. In-Freaking-Excusable.

Oh, and he also confirmed they are not getting any new battlepacks to put out. I think our whole region missed out on those. I have been looking every single day for months with no luck at all. Unbelievable.  >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2010, 12:02 PM »
I was fortunate enough to get one each of this wave. I'm hoping to find a complete second wave. I'll stop there for myself, then be more than willing to help others get these.

Not trying to rub salt in the wound McMetal, but that K'krukh is an awesome figure!

I'm pretty happy with all of the figs from this wave. Except....the Space trooper from the onset already looks like it was stored away for 20 years and has yellowing. The white armor is all sorts of different shades between the arms, legs, torso and head. Other than that, the figure itself is excellent.

The build-a-droid fig is a bit weak in terms of plastic. But I think we can all generally agree that this was the only way that figure was ever going to come out. I don't think it would have sold well on a single card by itself.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Case in point - TCW 2010 Wave 1. Our TRU got ONE FRIGGING CASE months ago and have NEVER re-stocked this wave or either of the 2 subsequent TCW waves. In-Freaking-Excusable.

I can confirm the same for a local TRU by me. A friend that works there confirmed they also only got one case. I got a Bespin Guard at least and I am very glad I have these on preorder. I am hoping to find them before the sale runs out so I can cancel but until that happens I will hold my preorder. At least I also snagged the TFU sets on sale.

I am really looking forward to the rest of the wave.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Yeah - not to keep piling on with the hysteria, but I saw the plan-o-gram picture that was distributed to the stores for this end cap.

Some folks have been hoping that this end cap would be a sea of the EU wave figures and TFU box sets. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

There will be 20 pegs for figures.

Ten of those will be for Clone Wars

Five of them will be for Saga Legends

Five of them will be for Legacy Collection

That's it - only five pegs. and that's the order it goes in, the top two rows are CW, the third row is Legends and the bottom/last row is TLC.

On the shelves beneath the pegs will be vehicles, battlepacks and TFU box sets.

I was at a store that was VERY far a-field for me hoping to score a set for a friend. They have ONE case in stock and they would not sell me the figures because the witch-like manager is convinced that Hasbro is going to fine her store millions of dollars for violating the internal TRU street date of 5/1.

I have two sets of these already myself. One to open and one to keep MOC. I also have a case on-order from EE, I was kinda hoping that I could cancel that order, but it doesn't look like that will be the case (no pun intended).

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2010, 02:54 PM »
Yikes, if this is only one case per store, then everyone better get crackin' tomorrow morning. Makes me think I should go to another TRU tomorrow. Well, I had planned on going to TRU anyway, just have to pick a different one and hope for the best.

I really REALLY hope TRU doesn't screw themselves up with this though. With no new product between now and July, TRU can do very well in sales by carrying this wave. It would undoubtedly lead to sales of other SW figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2010, 03:05 PM »
A local here in MN said one store put out 6-7 cases of w13 and all the EU figs were gone....   :(  Hopefully the HW guys aren't sniffing up this wave.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2010, 04:03 PM »
A local here in MN said one store put out 6-7 cases of w13 and all the EU figs were gone....   :(  Hopefully the HW guys aren't sniffing up this wave.

Of course they are - for the last two weeks, I have had at least seven HW guys ask me what was "up" with the "exclusive Toys R Us Star Wars wave" - the rest of the year, they haven't said **** to me while waiting for stores to open.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Of course they are - for the last two weeks, I have had at least seven HW guys ask me what was "up" with the "exclusive Toys R Us Star Wars wave" - the rest of the year, they haven't said **** to me while waiting for stores to open.

Just wondering... what's a "HW" guy?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Just wondering... what's a "HW" guy?

Hot Wheels/scalper type folk....Expect to see a lot of these older dudes the next couple of days.  I saw a few tonight at TRU, but no new stock of w13.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 1, 2010, 08:00 AM »
Well, I'm on my way to my selected TRU.

Good luck today everyone!
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 1, 2010, 08:15 AM »
Well, I'm on my way to my selected TRU.

Good luck today everyone!

At 7AM?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 1, 2010, 08:31 AM »
I'm on the East Coast and the nearest TRU is 35 minutes away.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2010, 08:33 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 1, 2010, 09:13 AM »
yick - well - good luck to you Pete and all else hunting today!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 1, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Stopped by my TRU at 9am...HW guys were already waiting at the door, but they were oblivious of anything SW once we got in the store.  The endcap wasn't set up, but there was about 5-6 cases of w13 waiting to be stocked.  Cracked open a case and got my 7, but then one of the HW guys took note of my handy work - as did an employee who bitched at me.  Not only is this a kick ass wave, but I got it for $25!!    ;D

Good luck everyone and MTFBWY   ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 1, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Did very well myself - the store I went to didn't have any "competition" and they had put out six cases of the EU wave.

A friend a mine had hit another TRU within driving distance and unfortunately there he didn't have as much luck so I grabbed all six cases worth and waited for him to meet me. Once he arrived we split them up.

Feels VERY good to be done with the Legacy Collection now...
Peter