Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93019 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 3/11/06 - Monthly Project Entries
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2006, 02:07 AM »
Spent a little time working on my first shot at a photonovel.  Here is one preview pic.  I've updated more on my thread in the Photonovel Area.

This marks my first attempt at a "Diorama"  or at least hand made backgrounds props. 

Comments?  Criticisms?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2006, 02:11 AM »
Chewie - thanks for the comments - on the alien - I wasn't actually trying to match the robe and arms in terms of color.  The robe was more of a sleeve-less coverall.   I really wanted to keep this robe on him as I didn't think the body underneath really worked for the look I was going for.

Glad you like the Rykrof - you are the ultimate judge on those ;-)  Like I said in the other thread - it was sort of outside the normal box.  I'm not sure what his backstory would be but I sort of think of him as the "evil anti-hero"

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2006, 07:45 AM »
Great Work!

The Droids are Awsome, they've got that Great used feel to them that  fits so well into the Star Wars Universe.

The Jawa Repaints are deffinatly an improvement ove Habro's Paint Apps.

Your Fan Fic Alien is very original, I commend you for taking the Extra Effort and Sculpting the Head yourself.

Robo Rykrof, also another very original piece. This reminds me of some Type of Art Deco Sculpute you'd see at  a Art Gallery rather than in the Gullies of a Jawa Sand Crawler.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2006, 01:24 PM »
I agree with Fritz, that Rykrof does look like some sort of Art Deco piece.  Pretty cool analogy there.

Your preview pic is OUTSTANDING.  Wow, that looks real.  Is the background edited in or did you use some sort of backdrop?

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2006, 12:28 PM »
So Rykrof as art deco now.  Maybe someone should make a Rykrof statue to celebrate all his heroics!

As far as the preview shot.  It is a basic foamcore box, filled with real sand.  The background is a printed backdrop that is interchangeable.  Since most of these shots will take place on Tatooine, the interchangeable backgrounds will give this little "set" will give me the most bang for my buck.  Although as I started working with it, I think it may be a little bit to small still.  I may need to make version 2.0 (with more sand!).

I'll try to take some pictures and show you what it looks like.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Just went to check in my favorite SW site and I saw I had a front page image.  Woohoo! Thats too cool.   Thanks Jeff!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2006, 09:42 PM »
Each month I always try to highlight a different customizer who takes part in the challenge.  I really like this figure and think it captures the "fan fiction" theme perfectly.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Fritzkrieg inspired me to try some Star Wars "Hotties"  I picked up a couple of anime figures on Close Out at Sam Goodies.

X-Wing Pilot:

and a sith knight:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:48 PM by BrentS »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 3/17/06 - SW - Fritzkrieg style
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Very nice figures, BrentS!

That Droid Rykrof is very deco, and rather surreal, too... great job on the look of the corroded metal, in particular.  Very convincing.

As is your diorama preview photo -- looks JUST like Tatooine.  Love the lighting -- looks very much like desert sun(s).  Looking forward to see the rest.

When you mentioned a Fritzkrieg-style custom, my first thought was that you had tried your hand at some deadites or corpses!  But the two gals you got look great, especially the X-wing pilot.  Do tell us more about how you made those two, and with what parts!

Keep up the great work, & happy customizing!

... the Findswoman

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Very fine looking figures thats for sure 

Sith Knight- is great and very sexy and the red and black paint apps are simple and very very effective well done.

X-Wing Pilot- I like this figure alot you've gone to te trouble of making her look like a Xwing pilot but without all the orange jump suit and again the paint apps are great.

Ron

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Sweet!

Great Job,  I really like the Rebel Hottie. What Anime fig did you use for the Base? I have'nt seen that one before.

I can't wait to see more.
Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Thanks for the comments on the Anime figures.  The Sith Knight is named "Gina" (I think) I added a female arm from my custom fodder and Asajj lightsaber.  The X-Wing pilot was a final fantasy figure (don't remember the name), all I added to that was the pieces from a Dutch Vander from my custom fodder.

I've got a few more of these planned but I've been busy working on my photonovel.  Depending on how things go, I might have  another picture or two to preview.  I've got 2 more customs to finish (hopefully this weekend) before I can finish all the characters I have planned for the first installment.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Updated my photonovel thread - check it out if you are interested.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2006, 01:21 AM »
I've finished up some WIPs tonight.  So here there are:

First off - Hamma Gringol:

Hamma is a smuggler who lives on Tatooine who helps provide the Hutts and their bounty hunters with illegal goods and weapons.  Although he's much too old to actually perform smuggling runs, he has a very good reputation with the Hutts to be able to get things that others cannot. 

Second - a Sith Guard

This is a Sith trained Guard that predates Chancellor Palpatines official Royal Guards.  He desires to be trained as a Sith Knight but does not possess the necessary aptitude with the force.  However frustrated, he serves Darth Sidious loyally in hopes that he will someday learn the ways of the dark side.

Last, I've finished up the Jedi Knight - Rey Shaa. 

If you remember, he was made from a head cast from Typho when I was working on my casting skills.  The painting on the face turned out okay, but as is typical, the eyes are very difficult to paint well.  I also think I over-weathered him considering that I plan on using him in a time prior to the Clone Wars.  Oh well, not all Jedi can be clean right?  Maybe he can't wash his clothes because he lost an eye?

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 3/35/06 - Three New Customs
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2006, 11:39 AM »
I like the sith guard. He sure is an ugly little spud without that helmet. The colors work very well together.

The drissellian smuggler is nice too. Id like to make customs wuith a few of these guys myself, but that @#$% eyepatch throws everything off. The hair is a nice touch but I almost didnt notice it because of the white background.

I am interested in reading of Rey Shaa's adventures will he be the main character in the PN?

The hotties are pretty cool as well, Rinoa Heartily never looked better. ( lets see if you Final Fantasy geeks were paying attentiion) ;D