Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241449 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2004, 12:31 PM »

Pet Peeve of the day:
Last night after basketball practice I stopped at Walmart as there are actually some Walmarts in Canada starting to carry *gasp* Star Wars toys, so thought I'd check.  As I'm leaving, this woman is walking in and away from her kid.  It's ten to 10:00 PM and -15 C outside.  Her daughter is maybe 3 years old and not wearing a jacket and crying.  WTF is up with that?  I don't care how aggravating your kid is, you don't walk away from him/her in dangerous weather conditions when they are not dressed properly nor can they take care of themselves at that age.  And why, pray tell, is a 3 year old at Walmart at that time of night? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Yeah man, that pisses me off too. I was in Myrtle Beach, and I went to a Wal*Mart 24 Hour Super Center, and these people (It was 3:00am and I needed somthing to do besides sit down at the beach and listen to the waves) had 3 little kids and an older boy in the store shopping. She then proceded to leave the cart with thw 3 little kids in it, and wander off, leaving the boy to watch them.

I found the parents later...on the entire opposite of the store, looking at food.

I told some one, and left.

That just angers me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2004, 04:16 AM »
One thing that really pisses me off is when I get a $100 medical bill from some hospital that I visited almost 2 years ago!   >:(  I have no idea what the deal is with this, but I'm guessing my insurance didn't cover everything, and the idiots are finally getting around to telling me about it now.   ::)

Another annoyance is when my girlfriend randomly decides to go into one of her "moods".  No idea what triggers this stuff, and fortunately it only happens once every several months, but when it does, look out!  Silent treatment and glares for a while, and she expects me to somehow figure out what the problem is.   ???  It'll usually turn out to be something so dumb and inconsequential, that I wind up getting mad that she wasted 2 perfectly fine days being a butt dart.

Pet peeve: When people take their left turns on the green arrow SO SLOWLY that no one behind them can make the light as well, so they have to sit there for another 3 minutes before they get another chance.  Also, when pedestrians casually walk along at a snail's pace across a drive way that you're trying to enter, while traffic piles up behind you.  The pedestrian(s) could easily just pause for a couple seconds to let you turn in and allow traffic to continue to flow on the street behind you, before they continue on their merry way.  Inconsiderate jerks.   :-X

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 1, 2004, 11:04 AM »
Post sober.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 2, 2004, 02:31 AM »
i hate when people talk to me. if i dont know you, stay the hell away!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 2, 2004, 09:31 AM »
You talkin' to me?  >:(
Post sober.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 3, 2004, 04:52 PM »
The fact that the TRU near my office has no new Star Wars stuff, and to make matters worse they are still trying to sell those stupid EP1 dis cast watches for $14!!

Secondly, I was walking through the local Wal Mart, which has had no new SW in months and I spot some of the new packaging (remember I am in Canada) excited I run over to see its Obi-Won Corusant chase!!

WTF???  

: sigh :  what else should I expect for Canada, the waste land of Star Wars!

Scott

Thanks, I feel better.....
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2004, 10:41 AM »
People who are Fast Food Ordering Morons is my new pet peeve.  Me and a CoWorker went to Subway yesterday, I swear it was the lady in front of me's first time to the joint.  It took her 5 minutes to order her damn sandwhich...THEN she gets to the end of the line and says, oh I need 3 more sandwhiches.  I just about Colmaned her right then and there

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2004, 11:22 AM »
I just about Colmaned her right then and there

You robbed her, and cracked her a good one in the back of the noggin?!   :o  Excellent.   8)

I'm sure she'll get her order placed a little quicker next time.  See?  It's good to teach people lessons, now isn't it?  Makes for a more efficient society...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2004, 11:27 AM »
What kind of bread do you have?  Hmmm, I don't really like that cheese, is there Swiss? No, oh I'll take it then.  
Uhhhh....does it come with lettuce???  Now what's is that sauce?

It got worse when she then ordered her three sandwiches...because she couldn't keep track of what was going on what.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2004, 11:41 AM »
How old was this woman?  ::)

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2004, 11:52 AM »
OK, I thought I hated Variable Bit Rates, but even on my 28" widescreen TV, the DVD-R still looks good (I mean the parts where a low bit rate was used).

However, what I hate now is Constant Bit Rates, because it has become clear to me how much bandwidth is wasted on scenes when two people are sitting still onscreen just talking.

Thank you.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2004, 01:41 PM »
Me, I know it may not be the other person's fault.  But when I am in a bad mood and people keep talking to me, I just can't stand that.  Also, when there is complete silence.  I totally cannot stand that at all! That bothers me way to much!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2004, 02:26 PM »
Also, when there is complete silence.  I totally cannot stand that at all! That bothers me way to much!

(Just messin' wit chu!)
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2004, 02:43 PM »
People who read e-mails or PMs and don't reply....

Drives me nuts!!  

I know you read it...  just a simple note is all I ask.

Arghhhhhhh!!
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2004, 03:31 PM »
People who blatently repeat somthing you said, and take the credit. What bothers me even more, is the people who heard you say it, and know you were screwed, dont say anything.

Also, if another Wal*Mart clerk tells me that I am too old to buy toys, they will recieve a nasty letter.

Grrrr. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...