Author Topic: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop  (Read 46477 times)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
Re: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2006, 02:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have to say that I missed being here this summer. I had too much on my plate with a death in the family, work (TV Production), family vacation to California, amongst other things. I was also in a slump after all that and then Comic Con '06 and Hasbo's opening comments/slide show. BAM! i got hit with all kinds of e-mail and PM asking me about my Gargan. It was the motivation I needed to get back on the saddle and start sculpting again.

I have finished the Gargan wax sculpt and now making the mold for Hoover. I ran out of the RTV silicon and more is on order, until then I picked up the heads again and worked on  those until the silicon arrives. As stated before, I want to show the Gargan and Hoover to Hasbro and see if they would produce it. Therefore, I will not be showing the final sculpt here just in case if they have problems with posting works in progress. If they turn down my offer, then I will post all the pictures of them then.

Now for today's update, I have a finished sculpt for you to see. During the summer, I got arround to getting some of the Clone Wars Graphic Novels and fell in love with them. I have one favorite that really stands out to me and I already started him before I went on vacation. I am talking about none other than Jedi Master K'Kruhk and here is the picture:

I really wanted to capture the feel and look of the comic version. I have seen other customs of him using the whipid action figure head and either Foul's torso or bits of some jedi and J'QUILLE the whipid. It just did not settle with me that would pass as Jedi Master K'Kruhk. In the comic, he wears jedi clothing ontop of his fur and his feet are wrapped in ninja like shoes.  So I changed my head several times making the hair fuller and beard longer and added the pig tails down the face. I also wanted to open his eyes up some more like the comic version than the movie prop. Something in the eyes that were drawn brought life and character to Jedi Master. The only thing now is wether to stop here or go on and make the whole figure.

Well thats it for today. Let me know what you think and I welcom any inputs. Stay tunned for more heads this week since I accually finished quite a few the past month.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2006, 04:24 PM »
This is just amazing! It has to be like looking in a mirror for K'Krukh!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Yo Ben, I forgot to ask you last night on MSN if you still have the old Kruhk head aswell, When and if you ever sell these, depending on how it goes with the Big H would you be able to cast both??

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Ben, great to see you around here again!  I hope some of those quality molds will be available soon!

P.S.  I LOVE the newest edition!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Whats up Ben?? Glad to see you back.

Another perfect sculpt.  Great update.

Later Buddy

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46 PM »
wow ben, awsome work, that khruck head is amazing! the other sculpts are great also. i'd definetley love to see these painted up. great work man!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2006, 11:13 PM »
It's really good to see you back Ben. As usual your sculpting skills are astounding. Just like all the others, this on is definately on my wants list.

Stop being a stranger. ;)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I first would like to thank everyone for all the kind words and welcome backs. Thanks for the feedback on the K'Kruhk head sculpt, I spent a week on it and I really took a leap of faith on it. I am glad to see that you all liked the outcome. Now for todays update. I have two heads for you that I finished last night (small touchups and last minute changes). I have a male and  a female Twi'lek heads:

I also have some news regarding the Gargan/Hoover project. My RTV silicon stuff arrived last night and I finished the Hoover mold. Tonight, when I get back from work, I will cast the wax copy of Hoover for final detail work. Once I am done with him, I will place the call to Hasbro to see if they will see me. Cross your fingers and say a preyer for me. I really hope this will work out.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by and enjoy the pics. Stay tuned for more updates this week.

Jedi_Master_Ben
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:42 PM by Jedi_Master_Ben »
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2006, 11:12 AM »
just don't us all here when you make it big.  love your sculpts.  when you have a couple more done i'll definatley being mordering some from you.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Ok Folks,

I am on a roll, I have another update; two more heads deamed finished. I have the Centari head and the Minbari head sculpts. Here they are:

I had a hard tiime getting the fine detail in the minbari head piece, but I think I got it down now. The centari head was practicle untouch except for the hair lines into the hair fan. I will be casting the Hoover tonight so I might not have time to get another round of finished head pics in until tommarrow. As aways, enjoy the pics.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2006, 10:07 PM »

HOLY CRAP!
These are amazing!  I'd say more if I had a larger vocabulary, but for now, "WOW!" should suffice. Great work man, really top notch.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2006, 08:11 AM »
Hi guys and gals,

So last night I made my Hoover wax cast and was very pleased that I only had to make minor repairs to it. I only had to make one pass at pouring the wax into the mold. Which is great seeing that there were some undercuts that I missed and pieces of mold was stuck. I had to rip the silicon free from the cast and remove the pieces  with pliers and tweesers. All and all a good run. I was able to get all the flashing removed last night, reposition one leg, filled in some air bubbles before stopping. I found some extra time last night to finish up two more heads for posting today. They are the second and third female Twi'lek heads. They were mostly done except I did not like the way the eyes and eyebrows were, so I touched them up. Here are the two ladies:

Notice that each of the three female twi'leks head tail are possitioned differently and there are no head bands or wrappings. I did this so that customizers could modify them to meet thier design needs. They are also based on concept design and game play footage of SW Galaxey and other games. The males are the same way. Well that's it for now, I hope you enjoy. I will continue to work on the details on the Hoover and might post two more heads tonight.

Until next time,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Wonderful work and I really like that you made aliens from other sci-fi shows as well! Oh and thank you for posting the info on wax sculpting on the other forum!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Wow!

You are a master sculpter, I am totally blown away by your Jedi Master K'Kruhk  sculpt. I can't wait to see what a completed custom using that sculpt looks like. If you decide to make cast available I deffinatly want to be on the list for that one. I'm glad to see your back and can't wait to see more of your amazing work.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I have been asked by many people about selling cast of these sculptures and how much it would cost and how many to order. Well let me tell you that I working out a deal to get these pieces cast. I should be able to make an announcement sometime this week. Until then, be paitient. I still have half the heads finished and finishing up the Gargan project.

With that out of the way, lets show you the latest updates for this week. I will say that I made one adjustment in the previous post, Male Twi'lek 1 has been slightly modified and his pic is updated. Here are the remaining Male Twi'lek 2 and 3:

Thats it for now. The next batch will be non SW based and I should have them done this week. I hope you will enjoy.

Jedi_Master_Ben