Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 353061 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: OT Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #105 on: June 8, 2004, 12:00 AM »
Yo Greg(g)!     ::)

Thanks for the prices though.  Those bite.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 8, 2004, 10:40 PM »
Mmm, Vader is steep.  Not good.  

I plan on picking up a stormtrooper (or two) to go with my biker scout.  Always humming and hawing over Tarkin.  It's just cool, but I don't like humans much ;)

I have the Clone pilot, green clone trooper and hope that SSW.com ships my second green clone so I can trade it for something.  Either a Vader or an earlier HTF clone trooper of different color.  

I'll pick up the sandtrooper at some point as well, possibly both.  

Sure would like to get Luke but being an exclusive, I don't see it happening.  I may if I can snag him for under $100.  As I explained in the clone pilot thread, that price is fair for me.  No admission, parking, gas, time.  No other way I'll get it.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: July 7, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Here's a new one 8)  Must resist

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 7, 2004, 04:46 PM »
Very cool, but I wish they would have cut him off more at the stomach or chest. Too much 3PO crotch for a minibust...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 7, 2004, 07:18 PM »
Too much 3PO crotch for a minibust...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Questions from a GG mini-bust virgin.
« Reply #110 on: August 1, 2004, 11:39 PM »
So I still haven't ordered the Stormtrooper bust, and I'm researching, and it looks like both EE and Action Figure Express have got them for preorder, at about $50 each.  

Any thoughts between the two?  Or should I look at another place?

Thanks, fellas.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 1, 2004, 11:44 PM »
well, that's pretty much what the going rate is. personally, i don't think this bust is gonna last long. i know a lot of people who don't even collect the busts that just want this one. i have a friend who's not even that big of a sw fan, but he wants the stormtrooper bust.

i would say if you really want it, better pre-order now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #112 on: August 1, 2004, 11:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna pre-order one, probably this week, but I was just curious as to which might be the better site to pre-order from: EE or AFX.

Or, if there's any other sites out there that would be recommended, that would be great, too.

And I'm one of those, too, that doesn't care for the whole bust thing.  I think they're goofy, too small, way too expensive, way too limited, etc.  But there's something about that Stormtrooper that--simply put--kicks ass.  

This will be the first and only bust in my collection--and at least at this point, I don't anticipate getting any more.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2004, 11:55 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 9, 2004, 10:00 PM »
I can't wait to see the IG-88 bust in person this weekend.  I wonder if the Gentle Giant guys would mind if I "borrowed" theirs?  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2004, 01:10 AM »
So, is anyone that's collecting these an OT completist? Has it cost a fortune?

I was thinking about jumping in (or assuming I would, rather) after getting the Luke Stormtrooper bust at SDCC. After failing miserably at that attempt, I bailed on all hopes of collecting the line at all, since it's all or nothing for me. Just wondering if anyone else has the same affliction and commited to these guys.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2004, 09:31 AM »
yeah, i have every bust so far - ot and pt - with the exception of the damn blue clone, clone pilot, and luke stormtrooper. and yeah, it's running up my collection costs big time. and it'll keep going up, since the three i'm missing are the three that are going to cost. but, at least i got the others at retail, and didn't pay through the nose for vader, yoda, and the fetts...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2004, 11:58 AM »
I'm being kind of selective, both OT and PT stuff, but only what I like.  

I'm late, I'm late, I'm very, very late.  Missed on Yoda, Vader, Fett :'( so we'll see what I do about that.  Vader is the only one I really want.  Have a spare green clone though, so if the value increases, it can make it less painful.  

I did score a Luke Stormtrooper off a guy in Canada on ebay for $73.  No customs and that probably works pretty close to the cost of getting into SDCC and the bust itself.  $20 less than I paid for the clone pilot anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2004, 03:34 PM »
I did score a Luke Stormtrooper off a guy in Canada on ebay for $73.  No customs and that probably works pretty close to the cost of getting into SDCC and the bust itself.  $20 less than I paid for the clone pilot anyway.

Cool.  Glad to hear you got one for a reasonable price Brent.  Now if we could only hook up Adam, Dave, and Jim with a relatively cheap one as well, my conscience will finally be cleared for missing out on them for you guys at Comic Con...   :-[

As for me, I continue to think long and hard about delving into this line - for the OT busts ONLY.  I'm even starting to slightly regret letting my Blue Clones from last year go.  It's become a pretty unique conversation piece, and I wouldn't mind having one of those two back...   :-\

Not often that I change my mind on stuff like that, but it would still make for a nice PT example in an otherwise OT bust collection.

So the only two nasty OT busts at this point are the Vader and Boba, right?  (I don't need the silver Vader though)  The rest still seem to be in the $40-50 range.  That's not too bad.  The only thing that concerns me is the potential exclusives in this line.  They seem to be nothing more than a very expensive headache, and I'm still not sure I want to deal with that...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2004, 07:15 PM »
I've been pretty selective.  I only started getting into this last year when I lucked out and got the blue Clone Trooper bust at Wizard World in Chicago.  I'm focusing mainly on masked characters, and then on characters I like.  I definitely have some serious backtracking to do, and I'm looking to get Vader, Yoda and both Fett's now.  I wish I knew then what I know now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2004, 11:38 AM »
This is a line I've always been interested in as well, but because of price, I've had to stay away.  They look like beautiful pieces of work from what I have seen online, and continue to hold out hope that I can buy into these someday (for now Unleashed will have to do for Star Wars statue needs I guess).  Unfortunately, as usual, I'm already a ways behind, and it would probably be pricey to catch up.  I'd be in for OT-busts only as well probably, but there's still quite a few to pick up.  Any idea of how many of these are released per year?  Just wondering how much it would cost a person to collect these, per year.