Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586506 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3120 on: July 22, 2006, 04:55 PM »
You know what ticks me off? Today I saw a user who has more posts than me. He reg'd on the end of last month. He's been there for less than a month, yet has 700 posts...I'll bet his posts are high quality... ::)

Are you presuming or did you look at them(posts)? Post count..does it matter? Enough to get upset over? LOL- maybe he has more to talk about!

No, I really didn't, but that doesn't really matter. If someone posts 700 + times in under a month, do you really think they would?

I'm not fuming about it, it's just kinda funny.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: July 24, 2006, 12:20 AM »
You know what ticks me off? Today I saw a user who has more posts than me. He reg'd on the end of last month. He's been there for less than a month, yet has 700 posts...I'll bet his posts are high quality... ::)

Are you presuming or did you look at them(posts)? Post count..does it matter? Enough to get upset over? LOL- maybe he has more to talk about!

No, I really didn't, but that doesn't really matter. If someone posts 700 + times in under a month, do you really think they would?

Any chance it's that Adam_S character?  Cause if so, he hasn't said a useful thing yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: July 24, 2006, 12:30 AM »
I got banned and reinstated as well for the same reasons...  It was explained to me that one of their mod(d)'s was going around searching the boards for anyone with any hint that they were involved with JediDefender in some way...  Subsequently people who didn't even work here got banned simply for liking it here, namely CHEWIE.

From what I gathered, after Dustin and this mod(d) fubar'd everything, other staff intervened and reinstated a number of banned people with somewhat of an apology...  However the people who knee-jerked during the situation never took the time to do the apology themselves which I thought was classless at the time.  I've not been overly active there since then.
Now that you say that, that's probally why I got banned becuase non of the other local scalper flamers got banned. Jackasses. >:(

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:10 AM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: July 24, 2006, 12:36 PM »
That Adam_S guy is a turd with nothing useful to say. He went on a string of trolling on the customs forum. Basicly just insulting younger customisers and all around troublemaking. I punked him about a week ago, and everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. So far he hasn't trolled since that I know of. I hate little bitches like that. >:(

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: July 24, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I actually stuck up for Adam-S ONCE!

reiterate..ONCE...

now, I placed his name in contention in the "things that irritate you" thread...  He is a NOOB to the nth degree.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: July 24, 2006, 07:09 PM »

Any chance it's that Adam_S character?  Cause if so, he hasn't said a useful thing yet.

E...

The one and only. Not only that, but he ticks me off. The way he posts like he knows everything and just bashes people for no reason. I guess that's 12 year olds for ya...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: July 30, 2006, 02:55 AM »
Here's a RS thread where Adam_S admits he's 12, after posting that he thought a bunsen burner was a bong.  ;D

I saw Dustin twice at Comic-Con.  The first time was at the Fan Film Awards where he introduced a category winner.  I thought there might be some booing, but from my seat up front I didn't hear any.  The second time was at the Fan Breakfast.  At my table, no one even knew of the controversy, so I educated them and told them to get to JediDefender.com if they wanted to know what was really going on ;).  One person at the table worked for Official Pix and when she mentioned Philip owned that, everyone but me said that was news to them.  No one at the breakfast booed Dustin or asked about the contest (except one guy who wanted his bounty T-shirt).

One funny from the Fan Breakfast, after Dustin was introduced he was asked to draw a raffle ticket for an Obi cookie jar, and he drew his own number.  A few people chanted "fixed", and I think it was Sansweet who later said about it "great, more controversy". ::)
Wants - everything.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3127 on: July 30, 2006, 05:02 PM »
You had an extra Http:// in there, I fixed it for you  here

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: July 30, 2006, 06:34 PM »
I thought you had to be 13 to get on the RS.com site? 

Anyway, anyone else notice that all of a sudden Dustin is now a VIP instead of an administrator in the forums?  I thought that was interesting.  Just noticed it today but I think he was still showing as an Admin yesterday.

They wouldn't be trying to downplay the association between Dustin and RS.com would they?  His signature now says: "Official Star Wars Fan Club President"

Also says Content manager for Rebelscum.com but no mention of TFN or R2D2Central.com anymore.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: July 30, 2006, 09:25 PM »
I thought you had to be 13 to get on the RS.com site? 

No, it's an all-age site.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline MaxWedge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: July 30, 2006, 09:34 PM »
You had an extra Http:// in there, I fixed it for you  here

Thanks Smartypants.  The Add URL feature on this site isn't as easy to use as the one on RS ;)

efranks, I searched the RS rules and FAQ but didn't see any age requirement.  One rule against posting explicit images cites "younger" members as the reason.

I logged out of my RS account and clicked the register link (as a new member would).  It asked for my birthdate, so I entered an age 8 birthdate.  It accepted it and moved on to the create login screen.  I didn't see it through to create an actual ID.
Wants - everything.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 1, 2006, 11:17 AM »
I'm going through the ridiculous trading offer process over there. I've gotten about 20 PM's asking if I'd be willing to trade a loose Tie Fighter pilot for a carded Covert Ops trooper. Two or three people have had the audacity to PM back saying I was being unreasonable. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 1, 2006, 01:19 PM »
I'm going through the ridiculous trading offer process over there. I've gotten about 20 PM's asking if I'd be willing to trade a loose Tie Fighter pilot for a carded Covert Ops trooper. Two or three people have had the audacity to PM back saying I was being unreasonable. ???

I have an open Bic pen cap that is missing the pen for trade. Would you consider a loose, incomplete pen cap for your carded Cover Ops Trooper?

Don't make me call you unreasonable.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 1, 2006, 02:55 PM »
I'll give you two covert ops troopers for it. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rebel_Commander

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 1, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Scum is the most juvenile SW site I have ever come across.People who have been registerd under 30 days with 800+plus posts?That is ridiculous.Yet dip**** Dustin bans JD people for nothing...you figure it out it makes zero sense.