Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39618 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #90 on: May 2, 2007, 07:22 AM »
I think Sylar will definitely get a hold of the shapeshifter, and hen he does, awful things will happen. Awful things.

John your theory about Sylar taking Nathans place might be good, maybe hes starts heroes for their powers with his presidential authority. Could be why Mo was saying, 'This is genocide' to Nathan on the previews.

This show really generates questions, it bugs me! In a good way.

Wow...I almost feel like I sort of foresaw that.

I thought that was a very cool episode. Matt is so evil in the future, it was like one of them ST 'mirror universe' episodes. His wife and kid must have powers. Interesting.

Was that email girl that was helping Bennett and got shot in the head? I think it was.

Actually, I was wondering who that girl was as well.  At first, I thought it was the shape shifter, but she must have been killed by Sylar so he could take over Nathan's ability.  Even though NBC commercials promo'ed this episode as what could have happened, I look at it more like what actually did happen.  I don't think future Hiro is aware of any changes he makes in the timeline.  I think his first attempt was to go back to Peter and tell him save the cheerleader, save the world.  Isaac painted the future that Hiro is supposed to kill Sylar.  I think in the original timeline, before Hiro figured anything out from the comics, Sylar kills Claire at homecoming, kills radiation man at some point to get his power, kills Isaac to see that Nathan becomes president, then blows himself up in NY in order to get Nathan elected and/or to get the country against people with power.  He then regenerates with Claire's power.  After that, he kills Nathan (killing the shapeshifter first) to take over the Presidency.  Future Hiro lives through all these events and constructs his timeline and then tries to change it.  His first attempt is saving Claire via Peter.  It works, but history still repeats itself with minor changes.  Peter blows up NY, and somehow Sylar fakes his death.  He still kills Nathan, but doesn't get Claire until later...at that point he seems like he was going to take over the world.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 2, 2007, 11:28 AM »
His first attempt is saving Claire via Peter.  It works, but history still repeats itself with minor changes.  Peter blows up NY, and somehow Sylar fakes his death.  He still kills Nathan, but doesn't get Claire until later...at that point he seems like he was going to take over the world.

The cool thing is - is that the younger 'hiro' mentioned about Sylars' capture and that there was a way to defeat him now because of that. I feel his capture only happened because of the cheerleader being saved and thus the slightly different history happened as a result.

I wonder if (after looking at previews) Hiro will go back again and try to kill Sylar at HRG's holding cell. What if Hiro went all the way back to before Mohinder's fathers' critical rejection interview with Sylar? I know it was not in the comic book but what if Hiro killed Sylar before he got his powers OR talked Mohinder's father into accepting Sylars' ability so he wouldn't go psycho from the rejection?

I guess Hiro can't go back to before Sylar got any of his powers and kill him because this whole series could have been over months ago ::).  --though he technically has the ability to do so.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 3, 2007, 07:24 AM »
His first attempt is saving Claire via Peter.  It works, but history still repeats itself with minor changes.  Peter blows up NY, and somehow Sylar fakes his death.  He still kills Nathan, but doesn't get Claire until later...at that point he seems like he was going to take over the world.

The cool thing is - is that the younger 'hiro' mentioned about Sylars' capture and that there was a way to defeat him now because of that. I feel his capture only happened because of the cheerleader being saved and thus the slightly different history happened as a result.

I wonder if (after looking at previews) Hiro will go back again and try to kill Sylar at HRG's holding cell. What if Hiro went all the way back to before Mohinder's fathers' critical rejection interview with Sylar? I know it was not in the comic book but what if Hiro killed Sylar before he got his powers OR talked Mohinder's father into accepting Sylars' ability so he wouldn't go psycho from the rejection?

I guess Hiro can't go back to before Sylar got any of his powers and kill him because this whole series could have been over months ago ::).  --though he technically has the ability to do so.

I think it would take future Hiro to pull something like that off.  Present Hiro still doesn't have a real good handle on his abilities.  Even if Mohinder's father accepted Sylar, I still don't believe he is really stable.  I think we will learn more about Sylar next week, especially when he goes to see his mother.  Even when he was rejected, he still had a power...he could see how other peoples powers worked, and through killing them, could acquire those powers.

From the previews, it looks like Hiro does try to kill Sylar.  I'm thinking that Hiro freezes him, but somehow, Sylar can either fight it off or is immune to it.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 3, 2007, 11:10 AM »
then, let say this happened...

future Sylar somehow managed to kill Peter(sylar could heal too), found future Hiro(who wasn't dead yet) and took future Hiro's ability, went back in time and stopped hiro    :P?

DS

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 3, 2007, 07:02 PM »
Is it me or have we seen this 'Molly' from the previews for next week?

I remember her from WAYYYY back in like the second episode. Her parents were killed by Sylar, and Matt read her mind and got her out from under the stairs? And then later in the episode Sylar went to the FBI Building trying to get to her but Matt and Audrey stopped him...

...I think thats her.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 3, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Sounds good, your theory works if the shot of her in the preview is the present and not the future.

I wonder if we're done with the future now or if the final episodes are gonna jump all around giving me a headache?

DS

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 4, 2007, 10:26 AM »

Was that email girl that was helping Bennett and got shot in the head? I think it was.

Give it a rest, it's a stupid 'joke' that a fool posted in here ::)

what the hell are you talking about, Sloth? 

Quack - I'm not sure who was with Bennett...could have been email girl...I didn't immediately recognizer her...
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 4, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Molly was the little girl Parkman found under the stairs earlier.  What she can do is a mystery, but it sounds like she has a really useful ability that can help stop Sylar.  Not sure what the "e-mail girl" stuff is about, but that was Hana/Wireless that was shot in the head.  Sylar is somehow immune to Hiro's ability, so how will Hiro not get his head sliced open?  That is my biggest question mark for Monday. 

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 4, 2007, 12:45 PM »
ah yeah..that's her name...hannah/wireless.  i call her email girl.  close enough

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 4, 2007, 03:15 PM »
What could she have been doing working for Bennett? Maybe shes locating heroes w/her power? I thought she hated him.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 4, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Who cares really, it was a dumb enough character anyway with little value so they killed her off. She was so uncared about they didn't even show her getting killed.

Perhaps Sylar is immune to Hiro's ability because he has it like the idea I mentioned from above? or not ::).

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 4, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Bennett talked Hana into helping him in the online graphic novels.  He convinced her that he was trying to go against Primatech to save Claire and possibly others.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 5, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Oh I never read those graphic novels, couldnt access them.  :(

Thanks for the info, John.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 7, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Awesome episode tonight.  I won't post about the plot in case anyone tivo'd it, but wow, this storyline just keeps me guessing.  And the ending tonight ...I don't know how they're going to make this last for two more episodes!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 8, 2007, 01:09 AM »
SPOILER SPACE

O
O
O

Now we know why Sylar is crazy.  He's just like his mom.  Interesting how they tried to humanize him, like he really doesn't want to kill but it looks like the power gets ahold of him and makes him do it.  He was losing it when he turned his mom's place into a snowglobe, then came back when he saw he scared her.  Now he'll be a loose cannon from here on out apparently.  I think Molly's virus will be used by Mohinder to take Sylar's power, and possibly craziness, away.  At this point I don't think Peter is the one that blows up.  I think it's Ted.  Peter will obviously get ahold of himself next week and then learn how to control the radioactivity/EMP power, and he can just fly away or teleport with Hiro's power if he loses it.  Now we are certain that Candace is an illusionist.  DL and Jessica are going to bust her @ss.  It looks like Sulu will somehow fix Hiro's sword next week, but that was really the only thing that stood out from the previews.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2007, 01:10 AM by John C »