Author Topic: More from TFU - Rumors/Speculation  (Read 56021 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: More from The Force Unleashed?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2007, 02:19 AM »
Clones at leisure would've been interesting to see...  But not to anyone but me probably.  :'(

I dunno about butt slapping, but...  well, hey, it works in the NFL so whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2007, 02:42 AM »
Actually I am looking forward to the Force Unleashed figures on a whole, however these new Stormtroopers are a little disturbing they could have really done something with these instead of making them skittle colors, they could have used the markings from the clones but made there helmets less Stormtrooper Looking has anyone seen the Imperial Commando website with the Helmets on there or even GTG helmets, these would have been cool on these Stormtroopers and you could have made it more interesting as well, then you wouldnt have people complaining about its a Stormtrooper who has been graffitied on (I include myself in this, as I really dont like these Stormtroopers).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2007, 02:46 AM »
Game design is what it is though too...  That's not Hasbro's fault.  There ARE special design Stormtroopers as we've seen already in the FU line/game.  Apparantly there are also basic troopers with decoration on them too is all.

Again, if it's contained to the game...  Fine.

If they do a red marked Snowtrooper and Scout Trooper next year?  Not so fine.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 03:07 AM »
I am still not convinced with these Stormtroopers, however I do agree with you in the fact if there from the game fine, still wont buy them like I am not going to buy the Darth Vader, however if they start getting crazy and we see an explosion of Skittle Colored Stormtroopers in the same manner as the Clone Troopers then that will be disappointing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2007, 03:12 AM »
Yeah, their containment to a media that many people maybe won't give a **** about will help people pass on them easily enough...  Like the Rep. Commandoes, which are game/book centered and nowhere in the films.  Easy passes for people who just don't like their storyline or media they appeared in I figure.

FU should be about the same.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007, 09:03 AM »
It's definitely EU and this is where completism and I part company. I would avoid a figure like this like the plague.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 11:45 AM »
Again, if it's contained to the game...  Fine.

Agreed.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Hey all,
          I jut wanted to add my two cents in on this coloring the Clones and stormies bit.   Like Chewie said there is a big gap between PT and OT That there would be a time to change over from rainbow to all white and even if the decision was made to go to all white, it still would take time and money to make that happen.  Come on it took the empire twenty years to build the first Death Star.  and yet only three for the second???   Anyways that is a lot of legions to reequip and alot of systems that had to fall into line with the empire. 
         I remember reading early on in the ROTS development that the Clone colors came from the systems they were assigned to,  So the Citizens knew those  were there troops fighting.  Being the big History Buff GL is this is similar to the Union Troops during the Civil War.  Most Regiments had slight variations to the Blue uniform they wore and Officer often had their own as well.  Kind of like our beloved clone commanders. 

Hopefully this is Trooper from the FU Game and the Big H isn't testing the waters on color Stormys.  I do like the Yellow Snowtroopers though. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 03:52 PM »
If they do a red marked Snowtrooper and Scout Trooper next year?  Not so fine.

Hey, speak for yourself.  I still want my Super NES-themed Super Empire Strikes Back red Snowtrooper grenadiers.   Or if they gave us that Bue Stars Snowtrooper... I know I'd be waiting in line for one or six.

(Oh, the fun of collecting.  If it has a precedent?  We love it.  If not, or if we don't know of it?   We hate it.)

I think the red design is funky but I'd buy a couple, easily.   As long as the line isn't 50% wacky colored troopers every year, I'd gladly see more of these.  I'd even be happier to buy these if we started seeing those urban vinyl artist people start offering up designs just to make some truly unique and weird additions to the Imperial forces.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Actually, I'm fine with the colored Stormtrooper.  At the end of the day, if I were 10, I'd be loving it.

On a different note, does anyone think it's odd that Hasbro has not shown a figure of Vader's Aprentice, when he is the main character in the game?  There's got to be at least one more TFU wave.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2007, 09:08 PM »
Actually, I'm fine with the colored Stormtrooper.  At the end of the day, if I were 10, I'd be loving it.

On a different note, does anyone think it's odd that Hasbro has not shown a figure of Vader's Aprentice, when he is the main character in the game?  There's got to be at least one more TFU wave.

He might be in the rumored Battle Pack, as could this Stormie...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Hey all,
          I jut wanted to add my two cents in on this coloring the Clones and stormies bit.   Like Chewie said there is a big gap between PT and OT That there would be a time to change over from rainbow to all white and even if the decision was made to go to all white, it still would take time and money to make that happen.  Come on it took the empire twenty years to build the first Death Star.  and yet only three for the second???   Anyways that is a lot of legions to reequip and alot of systems that had to fall into line with the empire. 

I don't disagree with this at all. In fact, it's quite logical give the context of the saga. However. with me, it's more psychological and as I said, crosses that line I gave myself. Those other two "stormtroopers," I don't have a problem with.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Playing devils advocate here, I do seem to recall that in either the concept art for THE FORCE UNLEASHED or the pre-vis videos that were released we did see a Stormtrooper with some kind of markings.  There was one trooper with yellow markings that were similar to the Clone Commander from AOTC.  You can check it out on the Official Site.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Yep there is a Stormtrooper with yellow markings in the original trailer, and I always thought it looked awesome.

Fritzkrieg made a custom of it in August '06

That version from the game preview seems to have clone armor however.

Who knows, I can't wait to see all the designs in this game.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2007, 12:29 PM »
I dunno, that trooper loks strange to me. If he's airborne, then I'll call him a "Parrot" trooper. Afterall he has the "beak" painted on his helmet.

I'd just rather the stormtroopers be left alone. Leave them all white. Repaint clone armor ok. We've dealt with that. It just seems sacriledge to paint the Stormies other than what we've seen on film.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010