Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130665 times)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2008, 02:51 PM »
My wally world has a whole endcap of them still
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2008, 02:53 PM »
My wally world has a whole endcap of them still
Interested in trading/selling them?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2008, 08:41 PM »
found these all at walmart today; thing is, I only want the x-wing luke/r2, vaders' imperial protocal droid and maybe the r2 with watto, that's it.

You should pick up the others and trade your spares to those of us who have no chance of finding anything at their own craptastic Wal-Marts.   ;)

yes that is also an option, I know my son wants the x-wing luke/r2 and i like the imperial protocal droid who comes with the lame-o vader with 'swinging arm action feature'.  I might get a few and save for christmas, he already has a bunch of stuff hidden for his birthday next month; plus I have a couple things from LAST year on hold for him.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I found a whole endcap of these at our local store this weekend as well.  A funny thing that appears to just be at our store, but they seemed to have several of every single set except the Hoth Han one (which I didn't see any of).  I thought at first that maybe that one was online only, but it sounds like everyone else has found them locally.  I didn't dig through each and every set (I was in a bit of a hurry), but I saw each of the other ones sitting in various places several times, but never saw that one once.  I got one when it was up online, but I just thought that was funny.  I do like these sets though, just kind of a spiffy packaging set up with two figures and a droid part for $9.96.  When I picked these up (on Saturday), they seemed to have a lot of them in stock, we'll see how they sell.  I'll have to go back and see if I missed the Han/R-3PO sets or not, I have a hard time believing that one sold that much better than the others.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2008, 10:09 AM »
FYI - I have x2 Han sets for trade if anyone is interested. LMK
I bought a set on ebay and ordered the two Han sets online awhile ago. PM me if interested.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2008, 11:55 AM »
I bought a set on ebay. With a free shipping coupon it was pretty much store price. Not bad.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57 AM »
I havne't seen these and I'm not likely to. My 2 closest Wal*Marts are not good about getting in exclusives.

If anyone can help me out with these, I'd be greatly appreciated. I can paypal immediately.

I need just one of each. (Oh and one of the  Kashyyyk clone/ Wookiee comic sets too if you see it.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2008, 01:15 PM »
I bought a set on ebay. With a free shipping coupon it was pretty much store price. Not bad.

How do you get a free shipping coupon for Ebay?  ???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:48 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2008, 03:19 PM »
I stopped back at WM during lunch today and dug around a little bit, and they did have the Hoth Han/R-3PO sets - although only a couple of them.  I figured they were all packed evenly (and probably are), but there sure seemed to be a better supply of the others.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2008, 06:18 PM »

How do you get a free shipping coupon for Ebay?  ???

They sent me an e-mail with a coupon in it with free shipping up to 10.00. They also sent me a 10% off code.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2008, 06:35 PM »
No sign at all of these for me so far.  I'm just getting the Luke/R2, so if anyone needs the droid piece, let me know.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I'm not finding these either.  3 WM's today and not one exclusive.  Sucks hard...  Only one WM in the entire Pitt area seems to have these, actually.

All I want is one whole set...  And on the comic packs I don't even want that.  All I want is the NeyoClone/Wookiee out of those...  But I gotta have a C-3PX BAD set.  Love the idea, and can stomach the crummy figure repacks and sell some of them off I figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2008, 11:50 PM »
I got these tonight and I'm impressed for sure.

I love all the droids...  Not wild about Vintage R2 being used for a couple of the astro's, but the figure isn't too bad.  It's "good enough".  Much prefer the preview astromech body though.

BOth protocol droids rock, and C-3PX is bitchin'.

As far as the main character packk-ins...

The Jedi are decent fodder, Luke's eh, Han's really eh because blue isn't the right color, and Watto's a nice repaint.  I'm gonna probably just hang onto all of them but may sell Han off. 

Vader though, he sucks.  ****** figure.  I'd much preferred a "Vintage" Vader as his knees are at least useful for something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2008, 12:00 AM »
I picked up the Luke and Watto sets tonight and am really quite impressed by these sets so far. The droids are fun, Watto is a nice repaint and I hadn't gotten the original pilot Luke before this, so he's pretty nice to have. Thank god they changed him from the stupid looking grinning prototype. I may have to go back and get some more, the whole BAD thing is pretty tempting.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2008, 12:03 AM »
No sign at all of these for me so far. 

Ditto.  :(

I've hit a few Wal-Marts around town since the weekend and there's been no sign of them yet...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender