Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130649 times)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2008, 02:01 PM »
They must have sent them all to Jersey because I was at three Walmarts this weekend and they all had them. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:01 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2008, 03:34 PM »
They must have sent them all to Jersey because I was at three Walmarts this weekend and they all had them. 

Well my walmart in jersey doesnt have them. They never get exclusives. Consider yourself lucky.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2008, 08:52 PM »
where in NJ?
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2008, 01:49 AM »
Saw an entire endcap of these tonight, tons of each. I passed for now because even though I only want 2 sets I know I'll eventually want the rest to get C-3PX. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Okay, what is the story with the Han Solo set?  Is he only available online?  All of the other sets are here in plenty of numbers, but no Han.  He can't be that much more popular than the others. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Okay, what is the story with the Han Solo set?  Is he only available online?  All of the other sets are here in plenty of numbers, but no Han.  He can't be that much more popular than the others. 

I posted earlier that I noticed that here as well.  The first time I picked up the other sets (I had gotten the Han online), I didn't think they had any - but I've since dug a little deeper through the endcap and saw two sets on the whole thing (there were several of every other).  Like you, I didn't think that the Han/R-3PO set could be that much more popular.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Around here we are actually swimming in han. The popular one seems to be Watto.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2008, 04:52 PM »
It's funny...

Vader has the new droid, so really he should be popular along with Luke I'd think...

Around here, I've seen them at one WM and they had tons of every set, except Kit Fisto was a little less common it seemed (no real reason why).

I counted at least a dozen full sets when I left, and I'm sure there were probably 5 to 10 more at least.  Not counting incomplete sets.

Only 3 WM's around Pittsburgh have had them reported though...  Luckily one was nearby to me, so that was nice.  They're really good sets so pick them up if you see them.  They're worth it.  C-3PX kicks ass too.

Vader's K-3PX is a really nice figure though...  As figures go.  Love repaints of him at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Wow, I don't know if I missed the endcap last time I was at WM, but today there were tons.  Got my Luke and R2 and am officially done!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Around here we are actually swimming in han. The popular one seems to be Watto.

I would have not guessed that could ever ever happen.  That is the one I want the very least. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2008, 11:24 PM »
*sigh* Picked up Luke/R2 and Han/R-3PO tonight. I think if I get rid of the C-3PX parts I'll have less desire to buy all 6 sets. I'm not even sure why I want to build him, I have no idea who he is!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I got the Plo Koon set last night.  I never got a Plo Koon fig on a single card before, so I'm pretty excited about that and the droid looks pretty slick.  The packaging shows the droid having a lighter green paint job which looks a little cooler to me, but oh well.  I think I'm only also going to get Watto and Kit.  I'm not as into the Protocol droids and the Pilot Luke and R2 don't do anything for me.  None of these sets seemed to be in greater numbers at the WM I went to.  The only thing was that between the display they were in and the height of the shelves, you basically only could take the ones in the front row, otherwise you had to slide the display out part way.  This makes the ones further back harder to see, so this might be part of why some of the sets seem less common on the shelf.  I know once I slide one out I saw where all the Kit sets were, since I didn't see any in the front row of the display.
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I got the Plo Koon set last night.  I never got a Plo Koon fig on a single card before, so I'm pretty excited about that and the droid looks pretty slick.  The packaging shows the droid having a lighter green paint job which looks a little cooler to me, but oh well.  I think I'm only also going to get Watto and Kit.  I'm not as into the Protocol droids and the Pilot Luke and R2 don't do anything for me.  None of these sets seemed to be in greater numbers at the WM I went to.  The only thing was that between the display they were in and the height of the shelves, you basically only could take the ones in the front row, otherwise you had to slide the display out part way.  This makes the ones further back harder to see, so this might be part of why some of the sets seem less common on the shelf.  I know once I slide one out I saw where all the Kit sets were, since I didn't see any in the front row of the display.

Well if you're skipping some of the sets I'm assuming you're not trying to build a c-3px, so then what will you do with the parts for him?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I don't know.  Probably put ehm out there for whoever wants them.  Two figures for 10 bucks is a good deal, so I'm not too torn up about not making use of all the parts.  Not sure home many Legacy figures I'll buy, but maybe I'l build a Franken-PO.  We're you thinking I should keep you in mind if I don't want those parts, JediPurge?
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 27, 2008, 05:14 PM »
I don't know.  Probably put ehm out there for whoever wants them.  Two figures for 10 bucks is a good deal, so I'm not too torn up about not making use of all the parts.  Not sure home many Legacy figures I'll buy, but maybe I'l build a Franken-PO.  We're you thinking I should keep you in mind if I don't want those parts, JediPurge?

;D Absolutely
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge