Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 60928 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Legacy Collection Rumors
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Didn't find one for the regular collection but if there is please lock this.

The otheR Site posted some pretty interesting things.
www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Rumor_List_For_The_Legacy_Collection_115275.asp

Vehicles
Following up on the Star Destroyer rumor, we've gotten some reports of more updated vehicles, assuming the "BMF" (Big Millennium Falcon) and AT-TE sell well enough to show that the fans will support larger-scale vehicles.

- AT-ST
- Clone Turbo Tank
- E-Wing Starfighter
- Landspeeder
- Sith Starfighter
- Slave I
- Star Destroyer
- TIE Defender
- TIE Fighter
- TIE Interceptor
- X-Wing Fighter

It's kind of over the place, isn't it? So think of these as big time "what if?" possibilites for now. After all, there are only so many Jedi Starfighter repaints that can be done...something new has to come out eventually, right?

Playsets
Despite the long-standing stance that playsets don't sell well enough to warrant to costs involved, our spies have uncovered word of a pair of playsets/dioramas for the future. Again, consider this one of those wwwaaaayyyyy out there rumors, and not any kind of oicial confirmation.

- Death Star (possibly more than one)
- Forward Base Alpha (?)

As with any rumor list, take this all with a grain of salt, because it's not official, and may just be idle speculation.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:12 PM by Jeff »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Very interesting.  I hope this is close to the mark.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Sounds like a very nice list.  Hopefully most, if not all of this comes to light...

Did someone mention playsets?   ;)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:43 PM »
I heard that too. Playsets.
Has the big H softend.   

Please be true, Please be true......
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Nothing like the "shotgun" approach of guessing the next vehicles to get released...   with a list that big at least one thing has to be right.  :P

I could see them breaking down and finally doing some a few new playsets if they are tied into the CW stuff somehow...  something called "Forward Base Alpha" screams Clone Wars to me (something like that little Clone Base Yoda is at on Geonosis in AotC).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:14 PM »
I could see them breaking down and finally doing some a few new playsets if they are tied into the CW stuff somehow...  something called "Forward Base Alpha" screams Clone Wars to me (something like that little Clone Base Yoda is at on Geonosis in AotC).

I'd be all over that forward command center. Imagine the kickass diorama you can have with a few dozen clones, the AT-TE,  gunships etc.  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 03:15 PM »
"shotgun", ain't that the truth...  More like a friggin' howitzer shot...  Listing every possible vehicle as a "rumor" does seem like a broad stroke.  

Captain Needa in an ANH wave?  Huh?  ???

I noticed once again no Fleet Trooper...  Hasbro still denying the most needed army builders.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 03:19 PM »
The E-Wing seems like a bit of a stretch.  Sure, we're getting R7 units now (but only as build a figures), but the likelihood of an EU vehicle that would cost at least $20?  Come on.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I seem to rememeber Hasbro saying recently that the Landspeeder wasn't on it's Radar for an upgrade.   and now it is on a rumor list. What gives.   And didn't we just get upgrades on the Tie and X-wings?   this list has me think fan wish list more then rumor.  And they got me all happy with Playsets.

Shame on you shame
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 04:03 PM »
The E-Wing seems like a bit of a stretch.  Sure, we're getting R7 units now (but only as build a figures), but the likelihood of an EU vehicle that would cost at least $20?  Come on.

Even if they did make it, it probably wouldn't be interactive with the B-A-D (or any current) 'mechs anyway.  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I noticed once again no Fleet Trooper...  Hasbro still denying the most needed army builders.  >:(

All because of that damn EE pilot set!   :P

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09 PM »
I seem to rememeber Hasbro saying recently that the Landspeeder wasn't on it's Radar for an upgrade.   and now it is on a rumor list. What gives.   And didn't we just get upgrades on the Tie and X-wings?   this list has me think fan wish list more then rumor.  And they got me all happy with Playsets.

Shame on you shame

I was thinking the same thing. Why do we need the Tie Fighter...again! Or the Landspeeder for that matter, the 2002 is fantastic and does not need an upgrade at all. The AT-ST on the other hand needs a resculpt really bad. Retire the old one Hasbro you milked for all it's got.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 04:11 PM »
And didn't we just get upgrades on the Tie and X-wings?

I assume they're only on the list because the existing molds are getting re-released the the Legacy line along with Slave I, the Interceptor and the Sith Starfighter.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:13 PM by Jayson »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm wondering if some of these are more "re-releases" than upgrades.  I mean, I'm not expert on scale or anything, but wasn't the last version of the Landspeeder pretty much perfect?  And, as others have mentioned, we've gotten the large winged TIE (and smaller winged version) a few times lately, so I don't see a need for an upgrade there either.  Although I wouldn't mind seeing all new versions of some of the others listed (the AT-ST, as Jesse has mentioned, is definitely do-able), if it gets them a little closer to scale (like the Falcon, which I realize is still small, but better).  Looking at the list again, some must be re-releases, because I don't see them doing an "all new" Sith Starfighter, since I'm pretty sure those were pretty well done the first time (repaints notwithstanding).  Playsets would be neat too.  I think a lot depends on the success of the Falcon and AT-TE.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Nothing like the "shotgun" approach of guessing the next vehicles to get released...   with a list that big at least one thing has to be right.  :P

That's exactly my thought Jeff.

If would go well in an Ultra Battlepack...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010