Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 213597 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Hopefully the WM exclusive ones will be hitting soon.  Curto has posted his photo archive pics of the Mohc/IG pack so that could be some sort of indication.  But then again, he did the EU wave some time ago (pretty sure before he even got around to the ESB wave) and I still haven't read any reports of those showing up.

I wanna grab the Rogue pack and probably the IG pack.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2010, 10:16 AM »
I'm hoping my Walmart stocks them.  They didn't stock the last wave of exclusives but they are still carrying the 2-packs for now.  I'll probably buy all three just to show my support for the line, with the hopes we'll see that final wave later this year. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 29, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Big Gizz?  Crazy names out there in the land of EU - not that there aren't from the movies, but still....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #573 on: February 3, 2010, 10:50 PM »
Just when you thought the comic pack situation wasn't going to get any worse than it already is...  it's worse:P

The Wal-Mart Fall '10 Comic Pack exclusive assortment has shrunk to two: Star Wars Tales IG-97 and Rohm Moc, and Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Leader and General Weir. These two will be at retail sometime in February. The X-Wing Rogue Squadron pack with Plourr Illo and Dllr Nep has been pulled from the Wal-Mart packs and will be made available through another retailer or as an additional Convention item. It was pulled not to be an exclusive at the shows, but because of the subject matter. There will also be an exclusive Comic Pack debuting at both Comic Con and Celebration V this year. We have not announced them yet, but these will be revealed at Toy Fair.

As a Rouge Squadron fan, I have to say that sucks big time.  We get the dumbass Weir and yet ANOTHER Shadow Scout, but we have to wait for Plo and Dllr?  FAIL.   >:(

And am I reading it correctly that it was pulled due to the subject matter of the comic?   Friggin' Walmart... ::)  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #574 on: February 3, 2010, 10:57 PM »
I'm trying to recall the storyline of that comic and I don't recall it being weird. 

Maybe Plour blew Dllr in a frame I missed but otherwise I'm grappling with why this one's getting yanked for "subject matter" reasons.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 3, 2010, 11:22 PM »
horse****!

that was the set I wanted the most.  tunghori or whatever his name is on ebay needs to get both of these figures in stock, for sale, at the same time and I will pull the trigger on making my first order from him.  he had them both up a while back, now only Plourr.

grrrrrrrr

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #576 on: February 4, 2010, 12:46 AM »
I just order that bald broad a few days ago. Glad I did. He has not had Dllr Nep in awhile. I also ordered the 1G-97 Droid. I wish the Shadow Trooper got pulled instead. Bald chicks are very controversial these days. Maybe Wal-Mart are a bunch of Baldists and discriminate against bald people. If that's the case I am not shopping there anymore.

I cannot believe how screwed up this line is right now. It's appalling.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 12:49 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 4, 2010, 01:07 AM »
I think it's official - Hasbro doesn't have a ******* clue what they're doing anymore. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 4, 2010, 01:12 AM »
Wow - this news definitely sucks.

The Rogue Squadron set was the one I was looking forward to the most as well...

I guess their indication that it will ship somewhere else is a good sign. I guess they have them all manufactured at this point, so they have to find a home for them somewhere. What I don't understand is why not just offer the set through Hasbro Toy Shop at this point as an experiment?

If it sold well, maybe that would be a way for them to keep something like the EU Comic 2-packs going?

Maybe that should be a question for the next Q&A?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 4, 2010, 09:13 AM »
I'm bummed too. Any new rebel pilot is a good rebel pilot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 4, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I can definitely agree that the Shadow trooper set could have been pulled instead.

And I was REALLY looking forward to the Deliah Blue set as well as the Jareal set. Female figures are harder to come by and those two figure prominently into their respective comic book titles. Shame on you Hasbro!

Those damn repacks came to bite you in the arse didn't they? We told you so MANY times and yet you refused to listen to us, stating that it saved money on tooling and would be more of a profit because of that reason. Now you finally see the error of your ways and what do you do? You CAN the NEW figures and continue wit kitbashed CRAP. You really only have yourself to blame Hasbro. Bring out the characters that are desirable to us, not what is going to save you in tooling cost. Take the Legends line for example, sure it's cheaper to produce, but you are kidding yourself if you think Legends outsells Legacy. Most of us can't find Legacy on the shelves and when we do it's scarce and we usually buy those few figures up. Legends is plentifula dn CLOGGING up shelves, much as the repacked comic packs.

While I used to be a trooper army builder and no doubts would have (and still will) buy one of each of those sets, if they were never made, I would have been okay with it. Strike that, had they never been announced or made, I'd have known none the wiser. But with the Deliah Blue and Jarel sets, again as I stated, those are integral characters to their respective stories and rare female figures in a male dominated line. They would have been much better choice to keep. Heck you even pulled the female pilot.

What is it Hasbro? Got something against women do you? I dunno, just sayin'...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 4, 2010, 10:15 AM »
This is disappointing, it was the pack I was looking forward to the most as well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 4, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Truthfully, I was never all that excited by ANY of the WalMart exclusive comic 2-packs.  The cancellation of one for "content reasons" stinks (and where WalMart is concerned you can only wonder what that might mean).  But I didn't feel a whole lot of attachment to a couple of EU Rebel Pilots that I had never heard of.

As for the general release comic packs?  I'm still wondering when those will show up and where.  And hopefully Hasbro is going to find a way to get Darth Nihl, Deliah Blue, Jarael & Rohlan Dyre out somehow.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 4, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I guess I am also confused about the concern on Walmart's part.  Aren't we always told that these items are shown to retailers in advance in order to get them to "buy into" them?  Also, iirc, weren't these packs initially supposed to be at WM all the back in September '09?

Why is all the stink happening now, supposedly the month they are coming out, and why are we so late in the game with getting the info.

I dunno, something just sounds odd here.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 4, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Ok, so has anyone actually READ the frigging comic that is supposedly so controversial? Please explain to the rest of us what is so damn objectionable. It's Star Wars, so there can't possibly be any sex.

My curiosity is BURNING.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy