Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210244 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2008, 02:48 PM »
Wow, I'm behind.  I still haven't ever seen Torpedo.   :'(
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2008, 02:53 PM »
Wow, I'm behind.  I still haven't ever seen Torpedo.   :'(

Here either.  I never did see Torpedo at retail around here, and haven't yet seen Wild Bill or Spirit (although they are fairly new).  I have seen the Viper at retail twice now, along with the new Duke and Snake Eyes.  Otherwise, not much on the pegs aside from the usuals.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1142 on: May 29, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Ya, I only found w6 twice luckily (one for my carded set and one opener)  I also saw Firefly on the pegs the other day so that's good news for late starters. 

Distribution on this line has never changed since day one and I thought Hasbro said they would be addressing the issue, but apparently not.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1143 on: May 29, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Our Target sources tipped us to some G.I. Joe information if you guys are curious...  Here's the DPCI list that turned up in Target's computer system today.  Sounds like we're the first with this news, even though we're not a GI Joe site.  Go figure. :P

087-06-0441  joe vehicle 14.99
087-06-0904 joe battlepack 19.99
087-06-1092 rhino vehicle w/fig 24.99
087-06-2047 joe large vehicle 24.99
087-06-2067 joe ultimate battlepack 59.99

Since I don't keep up with GI Joe stuff, I'm not sure really if any of this was known or not, but I figured you guys would appreciate the head's up here first. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1144 on: May 29, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Our Target sources tipped us to some G.I. Joe information if you guys are curious...  Here's the DPCI list that turned up in Target's computer system today.  Sounds like we're the first with this news, even though we're not a GI Joe site.  Go figure. :P

087-06-0441  joe vehicle 14.99
087-06-0904 joe battlepack 19.99
087-06-1092 rhino vehicle w/fig 24.99
087-06-2047 joe large vehicle 24.99
087-06-2067 joe ultimate battlepack 59.99

Since I don't keep up with GI Joe stuff, I'm not sure really if any of this was known or not, but I figured you guys would appreciate the head's up here first. 

Wow......Lots of suprises in there.  Of course I have no idea what most of it means besides the $20 BP's and possibly the $15 vehicles.  Thanks for posting JJ   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1145 on: May 29, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Maybe the large $25 vehicle is the Conquest. And I'm curious about the Rhino. Maybe it's a Target exclusive.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1146 on: May 30, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Not a problem...

Make sure whatever other site picks up the news credits us dammit!  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1147 on: May 30, 2008, 07:46 AM »
Jesse,

I am spreading the word this morning, did the source have release dates?  After Pictures, that is the most often asked question..

I credited us at the Joe Sites I go to (Hisstank, BrokenArrowToys, Joe Battlelines and TNI) we'll see how long it takes a mod to edit out our link and claim it as their own.  But those are 4 good sites with good communities, shouldn't be an issue.

My thoughts on the list...

WOW gonna go broke... that's it.

If Rhino vehicle with Figure is $25 and Large Vehicle is $25 does that mean Large vehicles don't come with figures?

Battle Packs?  Probably like the TRU ones.  I am good with that. 4 or 5 figures from $20 is never bad (even when we know at least one figure will be a stinker)

Ultimate Battle Pack?  WOW  I can't even speculate.  Hopefully this is 25th Anniv themed and not Movie stuff (not because I am bashing the movie, but I don't want to have to wait)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:02 AM by Paul »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1148 on: May 30, 2008, 08:39 AM »
Wave 9 cardback showing shadows of Mutt & Junkyard and Croc Master

I know Mutt & Junkyard were rumored, but I don't remember reading anything about Croc Master.  I'm ok with him, but I hope this doesn't mean Rapture and Crystal Ball.  Those dudes sucked.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1149 on: May 30, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Alls I know is that I am itching for some Mindbender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1150 on: May 30, 2008, 12:26 PM »
I'm glad to see Mutt and Junkyard likely on the way.  Mindbender would be a good one too.  I'm kind of hoping we'll see a Dusty (the 1985 version was the one I had as a kid) pretty soon too.  I'm still really enjoying this line, its tough to get away from it.  Fortunately, they are starting to cover a lot of what I had/knew of when I was a kid, so that might make it easier.  I picked up a Viper at Target last week, and noticed the price there is officially higher than Star Wars now ($6.84 to $6.64).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1151 on: May 30, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Mindbender would be a great choice, he was always a favorite of mine as a kid.  I thought Hasbro already "spilled the beans" on all the figures they're releasing this year - or was that just the carded figs?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1152 on: May 30, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Mindbender would be a great choice, he was always a favorite of mine as a kid.  I thought Hasbro already "spilled the beans" on all the figures they're releasing this year - or was that just the carded figs?

That's what I was wondering as well.  That list is probably posted here back a few pages, but I don't remember everyone that was on it.  With some people finding the Bludd wave, I wonder when Wave 9 will start showing up (I think HTS says August sometime, but its often much earlier at retail).  How many waves will we have after that for 2008?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1153 on: May 30, 2008, 01:51 PM »
I don't know, I always thought Mindbender was kind of a dinkus.  Not as big of a dinkus as Rapture or Crystall Ball, but still a dinkus.

I'll still buy him though...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1154 on: May 30, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Paul, no word on the release dates, it's just from Target's computer system like the Star Wars and Indy DPCI's we've gotten.  Ultimately, thank the Target sources we have because they thought it was good news for you Joe guys around the boards. :)  Pretty nice of 'em.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:38 PM by Jesse James »