Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 211697 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1155 on: May 30, 2008, 04:49 PM »
In typical Internet Toy Collector Fashion the reaction on the Joe-Centric Sites... one is ignoring the post because it wasn't posted by one of the regulars, one group seems un-impressed, one is wildly speculating.  Ah gotta love the collecting community.

I'm all for the speculation, also having lived through the Star Wars incarnations of each of these price point releases, it is exciting to me.

The Vehicles we know are most likely to be the 2 packs (RAM/Trouble bubble, Armadillo/Air Chariot) and Vamp and Hiss

The Rhino is by my guess an Exclusive, why else name it.

The Ultimate Battle Pack is the going to be the most interesting, last Years SW ones had:

Old Vehicle (ATST) that had not been out in a while
4 Army Builders
4 Heros
1 New Piece (the Laser Cannon and the "Logs")

Maybe a Python Patrol vs. Tiger Force type thing or as some have speculated Snow Troops vs. Snow Troops.

The reality is we are going to get repaints, no use moaning about it, might as well get some value out of it.  The battle packs and ultimate battle packs do that in my opinion.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1156 on: May 30, 2008, 05:24 PM »
The Ultimate Battle Pack is the going to be the most interesting

Plus the Joe one is $10 more than the SW ones last year so there should be more value to the set.

Maybe a Python Patrol vs. Tiger Force type thing

I'd be game for that.  Throw in some repainted vehicles/accessories to go with the figure repaints and I'd be happy.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1157 on: May 31, 2008, 01:32 AM »
In typical Internet Toy Collector Fashion the reaction on the Joe-Centric Sites... one is ignoring the post because it wasn't posted by one of the regulars, one group seems un-impressed, one is wildly speculating.  Ah gotta love the collecting community.

So there's a Rebelscum of the GI Joe world too, eh?

Any time you go there, you'd think every piece of Star Wars news originated in their forums mysteriously.  I think half the latest things Scum posted on their front page came from other sites.

It never fails...  Where toys flow, losers follow.

EDIT:

I could be wrong, so I won't say what I was going to, but did someone edit out a Jedi Defender.com link over at that Hisstank place?

Are they really "afraid" of competition from a Star Wars site, which doesn't really talk Joe much but this one thread?

If that's the case, that was an IMMENSELY bitch maneuver on their part...  If they had some kind of news for Joe and were linked here, I doubt we'd really give a ****, so I truly feel sorry for the guy that did that (and their staff if that's their policy on stuff) if that's honestly what they think.  We don't post GI Joe news last I looked... 

Hey, just one more reason I find toy websites goofy on various levels I guess.

EDIT2:

Man, sad...  People actually are skeptical on it?  It's in the Target Computer you tool, go look it up for yourself!  That's funny stuff.  Completely different site by the way, just found it funny someone was eyeing the list suspiciously like we made it up.  Oh man, they're all out in that hobby too I see!  ::)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:34 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1158 on: May 31, 2008, 06:55 AM »
yup a moderator edited my post for me, I'm going back in to fix it.

I know SW is slow right now, but making up Joe news would not be something to kill time for us.  I understand the natural rivalry between us and Hot Wheels guys, but shouldn't SW and Joe get along?  They have at my house since 1982...

I'm hoping the Ulitmate Battle Pack is as cool as the SW one and I didn't even notice it was $10 more for the Joe one...NICE.  Hopefullly that mean more stuff.

As of right now I am fully caught up.

With Flag Points/Battle Points and Comic Stickers I mailed away for 28 Docs yesterday, count the 4 I already had coming and I should be able to trade for the SDCC 2008 Exclusives hopefully.. If not...I army build Docs...

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1159 on: May 31, 2008, 12:28 PM »
You guys keep saying "Rapture".  Do you mean Raptor?  The dude that was an accountant or something like that and dressed up as a hawk with a winged-cape and bird hood, right?  Not one of GI Joes finer bad guys.  :D 

Jeff

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1160 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I saw wave 8 at TRU yesterday.

Garbage.

I had no reservations whatsoever in leaving them behind.  I didn't even want to buy them to photograph for our Toy Database.   :-\

John

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1161 on: May 31, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Got my first of several Docs today.... Jesse, tell your bro his is coming in the next wave (should be a few weeks based on the cashed check)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1162 on: May 31, 2008, 05:16 PM »
JI say just quit posting at hisstank if that's the way they behave over there... and don't even mention them here.  Ignore them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1163 on: May 31, 2008, 05:34 PM »
I think Paul was just trying to spread the news to people there since, like we see in this hobby, people have a habit of NOT leaving the hole they dwell in to realize news comes from all over...  Not just one site.

BTW Paul, I got your message and he reads here, just doesn't post, so I'm sure he'll catch it before I'm home again. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:36 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1164 on: May 31, 2008, 07:33 PM »
With Flag Points/Battle Points and Comic Stickers I mailed away for 28 Docs yesterday

You have fun with those.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1165 on: May 31, 2008, 08:42 PM »
I picked up Major Bludd tonight at TRU.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1166 on: May 31, 2008, 09:21 PM »
With Flag Points/Battle Points and Comic Stickers I mailed away for 28 Docs yesterday

You have fun with those.   :)

It was a case of having the points and nothing to do with them.  At Joe Con last year, the Hasbro team said this is the LAST Chance to use them.

Plus one is going to be sacrificed to make a 25th Anniversary Indiana Jones Custom

My parents cleaned out their garage and found a baggie with over 300 flag points and catalogs/order froms from 84-87.  If I would have known they were there I would have gotten more of those 12 inch Joe Colton Green Berets back in 93-94.  I would have much rather had those than more Docs.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1167 on: June 1, 2008, 12:27 AM »
Speaking of Doc, I need 2 stickers if anybody has them.  Will gladly trade something or pay for them if need be.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1168 on: June 1, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Speaking of Doc, I need 2 stickers if anybody has them.  Will gladly trade something or pay for them if need be.

The new comic packs that are hitting come with the stickers so there's 3 more (if you can find them)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1169 on: June 1, 2008, 07:05 PM »

Sideshow Snake Eyes!

I think it's pretty neat, but I think that about all of Sideshow's stuff, and I can never afford it.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk