Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210385 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1095 on: May 8, 2008, 03:44 AM »
Half/Has-assing Steeler irks me...  Not that he's cobbled together out of older parts, it works well with this line generally, but more the lack of his MOBAT bugs me.  That's the dudes ride.  They're also screwing over some poor yinzer from Polish Hill in Pittsburgh...  Come on, the guy's named after the greatest football team in history!

Eh, equally annoying is I actually would like a Steeler figure because he's from Pittsburgh but I won't get him with having to buy a vehicle.  That blows.

Breaker's an odd choice too considering he just was in that 2-pack with his awesome bubble gum.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1096 on: May 8, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Finally got around to opening some of my Cobra Night Watch sets and the figures are beautiful!  They also pair nicely with Target's H.I.S.S.  Makes me wish I would have bought another one or two of those provided they were still available....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1097 on: May 9, 2008, 12:56 PM »
New comic pack prototypes?

You can see Nemesis Enforcer, Falcon, and Tripwire. Check it out.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1098 on: May 9, 2008, 01:10 PM »
I wish the Iron Grenaider was released as a carded fig instead of a pack-in with Lady Jaye.  Tripwire looks pretty good.  Glad they kept the mines seperated.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1099 on: May 9, 2008, 02:10 PM »
That Tripwire looks cool.  So does the Falcon figure.  Plenty of accessories with that one.

One thing that I have mixed feelings on is the vintage accessories with some of these figures.  Tripwire and Breaker, for example.  It's cool to see the old style mines, backpack and scanner for Tripwire and the backpack and headphones on Breaker, but I think I'd rather have updated versions of those.

I'm afraid of breaking the headset on Breaker, especially the wire, and it looks like the Tripwire figure will be the same.  Torch's torch worries me also.

I'm also afraid of breaking the antenna on the AWE Striker as well.  With all the rubbery accessories we get out of Hasbro nowadays, you'd think they'd actually use that stuff when it made sense.  Like the antenna on the Striker. 

As much as I like the toys, Hasbro still frustrates the piss out of me most days.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1100 on: May 9, 2008, 02:24 PM »

I'm also afraid of breaking the antenna on the AWE Striker as well.  With all the rubbery accessories we get out of Hasbro nowadays, you'd think they'd actually use that stuff when it made sense.  Like the antenna on the Striker. 

The antennas on my Striker are fine - though a bit stressed from being bent down in the packaging.  What I don't care for is Hasbro's cheap take on the small black rubber hoses.  They don't tend to stay in place like they used to in the good ol' days.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1101 on: May 9, 2008, 03:32 PM »
I'm with you on that as well.  The rubber hose on my AWE Striker isn't bad but it comes off pretty easily and Ripper's accessories won't stay together at all.

The antenna on the Striker are curved on mine, giving it a windswept look, and that's fine, but one of the two has some white stress marks at its base where it attaches to the vehicle and I'm just worried it's going to snap.  I'll just baby it and it ought to be fine.

I guess the choices of plastic by Hasbro just happens to be one of my biggest annoyances with them.  Not using harder more rigid plastic where it make sense and using it where it doesn't.  As I said, Hasbro frustrates me a lot.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1102 on: May 9, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Hasbro profits at the expense of our suffering.

Or something like that.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I found the new Snake Eyes at Target this weekend, but it seemed to be the only figure from that wave that was there.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1104 on: May 12, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I have seen him twice by himself so far.   I did not think he would be a pegwarmer (not that this line has that many of those around here, even Buzzer and Cobra Commander have found homes).

I figured the peg warmer of this wave would be Jet Pack Duke or Wild Bill (not that either figure are bad in my opinion, just saying)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1105 on: May 12, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Saw the Viper and Snake Eyes at Target today... and passed!!!  Whew!   :o

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1106 on: May 12, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I've yet to find any of the new wave, but I'm sure they'll show up sooner or later.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2008, 02:44 PM »
I found most of the new wave at WM on Friday.  I passed on Duke and Snake Eyes but picked up Spirit and Wild Bill.  They didn't have the HISS Driver or Viper. 

I also stopped in a WM out of town this weekend and found a 6 or 8 pegs full of Joe figures but they were mostly duplicates of the same few characters; Cobra Officer and Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander (mask), Serpentor, Lady Jaye, Buzzer and Storm Shaow v2.  There might have been some Cobra Air Troopers also but I forget.

I stopped at two Targets, 2 WM and a TRU while out of town and most were empty or had only one or two stragglers but that one WM...  ???

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1108 on: May 13, 2008, 09:44 AM »
TNI has Wave 9 carded and loose pics up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1109 on: May 13, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Very happy that I decided to get a carded set to go along with my loose Joes.   :)

I really thought that I'd be going on eBay to start back on all of the vintage figures once this line has started up, but I really have no reason to anymore.  I'll probably cave and buy a vehicle or two though.