Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 212784 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #810 on: February 16, 2008, 06:07 PM »
There's a bunch of new stuff posted in the member's section at GIJoeClub.com.

We're getting the Weather Dominator and MASS Device, as well as a cartoon-accurate Lady Jaye w/out the hat!

It's free to join at the Trooper level, so I did to see the images.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #811 on: February 16, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Cobra BAT!

And screw that Club nonsense. Most of that stuff is here anyway.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #812 on: February 16, 2008, 06:25 PM »
...Having a very difficult time trying to track down everything on a stooopid dial-up connection at the moment.   ::)

I did find the new comic packs this morning at a Target, so be on the lookout there as well if anyone is striking out at WM.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #813 on: February 16, 2008, 08:18 PM »
That MASS Device battle pack stuff rocks!  And yes, the Lady Jaye figure looks pretty good, better than the carded release we already got, IMO.

There is some very cool stuff coming.  The VAMP looks like it has some nice updates.  And Trubble Bubble!  I'd never have guessed they would put that out.  The C.L.A.W. maybe but the Bubble?  Nice!

Now, if they put out a nicely updated W.H.A.L.E. I'm going to buy one!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #814 on: February 16, 2008, 10:13 PM »
I'm gonna buy the hell out of those Trubble Bubbles. I've been wanting those for years.

:)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #815 on: February 17, 2008, 08:43 AM »
Everything looks good....

And not to be negative...but...

Did they say only 12 Comic Packs this year?  That means we have seen them all (the last wave Pictures only).  That is pretty sad...there are about a dozen Prequel/EU comic packs coming out from July to December in the Star Wars line..

The Trouble Bubble/RAM Cycle 2 pack is very neat.  I guess I'll end up with a half dozen Tele-Vipers and "Breakers". (I hope they fix his head by then)

The DVD Packs look really good.  That Cartoon Color Stalker is really nice.

Can't wait to see what the Pyramid of Darkness, Arise Serpentor Arise and the Movie (1987)have in store (maybe the Movie is where we will see the rumored Falcon figure)

On the Original 13 Checklist...Clutch and Steeler (check and check)...that means we need ZAP and Short Fuse and we have completed the O13.

I was really hoping to see more or get more info.  I guess we'll see more at JoeCon and SDCC.

The 12in figs?  Um aren't those the exact same ones that caused the line to fail last time?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #816 on: February 17, 2008, 12:35 PM »
It's been a very good week for me, Joe and SW collecting-wise.  I finally found the Breaker/Destro comic pack last Sunday, and then I walked into Target on Thursday and found all four Wave 3 comic packs.  As much as I fall on the comics side of the fence in terms of comics vs. cartoon, only one of the three new Hama comics was good, IMO (that being the one included in the Crimson Guard/Scarface set).  The figures, however, are all top-notch and Wild Weasel might be my favorite figure of the year so far.  Also, I loved the nod to the vintage Tomax/Xamot packaging with the "mirrored" sides inside that set's bubble.  Great assortment. :)

I am still moving slowly (damned dial-up) through the images of the new stuff at Toy Fair, but just from the quick photos I've seen, everything looks nice (even the stuff I won't end up getting).  And Paul, if you want to get rid of one of those extra Tele-Vipers, keep me in mind, as I don't have room for the vehicles and will unfortunately have to pass on them.  :)

On the Original 13 Checklist...Clutch and Steeler (check and check)...that means we need ZAP and Short Fuse and we have completed the O13.

Wasn't Zap listed on a rumor list somewhere with Wal-Mart SKUs?  Oh, and can someone post a direct link to a photo of Steeler?  He's the only one of the vehicle drivers I haven't seen in the Toy Fair photos.  Thanks!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #817 on: February 18, 2008, 05:59 PM »
I certainly hope we get some larger vehicles out of this line before it dies out.   :'(

Also, I loved the nod to the vintage Tomax/Xamot packaging with the "mirrored" sides inside that set's bubble.  Great assortment. :)

Ya know I thought there was something up with the packaging.  I saved the "mirroed" sides in hope of finding candy in there.   :D

I am still moving slowly (damned dial-up) through the images of the new stuff at Toy Fair

I've learned my lesson this year.  Sucks having to go back to work on Monday to see all the goodies.  DSL - here I come.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #818 on: February 20, 2008, 03:06 PM »
I'm desperately trying to avoid these figures... passed on some new ones today including the Tamox/Xamox comic pack again. 

But, seeing this image peaks my interest -

What is that thing in the back next to the little cart?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #819 on: February 20, 2008, 03:20 PM »
Tamox and Xamox are currently my 2 most loved toys from this line.   :)

What is that thing in the back next to the little cart?

I've been wondering the same thing - and does that cart come with it?  Kinda seems like a silly toy as does Destro's doomsday device or whatever the hell that is.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #820 on: February 20, 2008, 03:32 PM »
It's the MASS device from season one of the cartoon...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #821 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47 PM »

The press release says you get a piece with each DVD set...there will be 5 total, or so the rumor goes.

I was hoping for more to be shown at the show, but I am still in on this line for sure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #822 on: February 20, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Thanks for the info and pics Paul!  I don't even remember what the MASS is, but I'll take it.  Had no idea there were more pieces to it.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Foudn the New Comic Packs at Local TRUS. They are cool, called my friend that is collecting Joe's and told him. Gald I could help him out.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #824 on: February 20, 2008, 07:00 PM »
Crap, you gotta buy DVDs just to get that?  Man that sucks... but thanks for the info guys.  I do remember that from the first cartoon now.