Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556441 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30 AM »
That would be Chris Hardwick from "The Nerdist" which does a lot of Star Wars ****...  actually seems like a pretty cool guy, if not a spazz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 23, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Wasn't he a host on Double Dare or something like that?  Oh and don't stare at his neck...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #557 on: October 23, 2012, 03:19 PM »
He hosted a dating program.  I forget the DD hose but picture him perfectly.

Chris Hardwick hosted a show like Singled Out or something like that, which was like a modern version of shows like Love Connection, but always had people getting in hottubs and banging.

He was then in House of a 1000 Corpses.

Now he's on The Nerdist...  It's got stuff to do with various Star Wars projects I think, they talk about nerdy ****, etc.  And then he hosts Talking Dead.  I have to admit I kind of like it because he often has a producer on who will explain their intent with something clearly.  Like Shane getting back up they attributed to his healthy nature, so comes back faster and stronger than a typical zombie.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 23, 2012, 03:24 PM »
I just thought it was because Shane was such a dick and well on his way to being a mindless being devouring all who get in his way

And I love Chris Hardwick!  Just caught his stand-up on Comedy Central (I had no idea)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 28, 2012, 10:37 AM »
Can't wait for tonight's episode, and the introduction of the Gov'nuh! Looks good so far and the new season is moving along at a very entertaining pace.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Anyone watch RISE OF THE ZOMBIES last night on SyFy. One of those Asylum movies where it's entertaining to watch c-list actors (I almost felt sorry for Levar Burton) and bad special effects.  The undead could climb up the side of the Golden Gate bridge but couldn't climb over a 6-foot high chain link fence. It was terrible. The idiotic characters in the movie made even the most worthless person on the Walking Dead look like Ash from Evil Dead by comparison.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2012, 03:33 PM »
I did not catch it, but good to hear that I didn't miss anything.

Just to be clear - you're not ripping on Evil Dead Ash are you?  Them's fightin' words.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I did not catch it, but good to hear that I didn't miss anything.

Just to be clear - you're not ripping on Evil Dead Ash are you?  Them's fightin' words.

Was me English that bad? No, Ash Williams is the ideal horror movie hero (Though, I never saw the first Evil Dead). The characters in Rise of the Zombies were so freaking stupid they made the worst/most unlikable characters on Walking Dead look like badasses (like Ash). The movie even made Danny Trejo look like a chump. Danny Trejo killing zombies sounds great, then he croaks 45 minutes in...spoiler...oh well.

I saw the last half movie on before it, Zombie Apocalypse. Starring Ving Rhames...how could you?  They fire a 50 caliber machine gun on  a shopping cart...somehow I don't think that would work.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Good episode, tonight. Haven't read the comics so the new guy is freakin' me out.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2012, 10:27 PM »
SPOILERS

They built the gov'nuh as too-good-to-be-true friendly, then suspicious then revealed his intentions then....went too crazy too quick.  The end was a bit over-the-top...dare I say, comic booky.

So did the pilot die or did he have him killed? Hmmm...a living pilot might be useful than say, an untrusting pissed off woman and a sickly woman who asks a lot of questions.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2012, 09:23 AM »
Yeah, they've taken an interesting interpretation of the Governor, very different from the comics. Dude is NOT supposed to be some strapping handsome guy. Seems like a stretch for Andrea to fall in line just like that.

Loved the headless pets. Loved bayonet-hand Merle. Still trying to figure out the effeminate lackey and how they are trying to play that character.

Walker-quarium?!?! Huh?

Why DO they care so much about Andrea and Michonne, and for that matter, Daryl? What's the point of trying to get information out of them? Even knowing the location of the farmhouse would be useless now because the prison is way far away.

Carol-watcher still a mystery...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2012, 01:02 PM »
Maybe we'll see Zombie Joanna.

Maybe it's a ploy to escape Woodbury, even though they supposedly can leave anytime.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 29, 2012, 06:45 PM »
... even though they supposedly can leave anytime.

Knowing what we do about the Governor I'm thinking Woodbury is kind of like Hotel California. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #568 on: October 29, 2012, 07:27 PM »
... even though they supposedly can leave anytime.

Knowing what we do about the Governor I'm thinking Woodbury is kind of like Hotel California.

Hell yeah.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #569 on: October 30, 2012, 11:20 PM »
The new guy's a scientisty guy, studying the zombies for cures or what advantages they can get...  He's been used as an example of someone in the town that's not all bad, and that it's as conflicted a group as the main group is/was.  At least that was how things were said online about him on the WD site.

I thought the killing of the men was brutal and somehow, in this whole mess, it's been one of the harder sequences for me to watch.  I mean, I was pissed watching it which is silly but it still evoked that from me.

I think finding Darryl is just Merle's personal journey...  Think he honestly cares for/about him.  That'll play out interestingly.  And to that end I think he wants to know where the farm was for A) supply purposes B) to maybe pick up his brothers trail, and C) he wants revenge on anyone who MAY have lived in the group that he didn't like.  He seemed to honestly not mind Andrea and, like everyone else, Merle's another conflicted guy who doesn't hate everyone, just most everyone, and he's got his own morality.

This is one of the deeper series on TV I think, and really fascinates me.  I'm now really curious who Carol Watcher was/is.  :)  It's surely a threat, whoever it is.

This show gets better every week.

I thought Michonne's acting was a bit meh though.

Oh, and I am guessing they like Andrea and Michonne because they seem competent, useful people, plus they're women and women would be almost like another "supply" to some men, as society degenerated like it has.  Again I think that's why the men get killed...  they're a threat, and a drain on resources, when they have a "team" to already do that.

As a soldier unit they'd be allied to one another, closely.  They're all trained physically and with weapons.  And they're less useful than a couple women you think you can control and manipulate.