Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556462 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #645 on: November 23, 2012, 12:16 AM »
The car thing's weird too...  I can't tell if they walked or maybe Merle was staggering around looking for a new ride back because Michonne messed his up?  I've thought that too.  Everything we'd seen till now was them using cars.

That whole thing seems like there's something between the two episodes we missed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 23, 2012, 01:09 PM »
She took time to warn them to GO BACK.

The whole episode could've been Michonne leaving messages for them.

"Another message....a butt and she dug a hole....I don't get it."

"A-hole...hey, Merle, this ones for you!"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 26, 2012, 12:24 AM »
There was irritating music this week...at first I wasn't sure it was a score or some machine somewhere Rick's team was gonna come across.

Mixed bag episode. Hermit part seemed to come out of nowhere...run in here...hey, a crazy survivor! Oh, he's dead!

Parts with Rick and Carl were good. Their interaction with Michonne felt rushed...but she is a person of few words.

The governor makes Merle look likable by comparison.

Not sure where they are going with Woodbury's scientist.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #648 on: November 26, 2012, 07:34 AM »
Looks like next week will have absurd gunplay.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #649 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Anybody else get the feeling that the black dude from the prison is the red shirt?

I don't watch previews for the next week, but it does seem like things are shaping up for a crazy mid-season finale.  The fact that pretty much anyone but Rick could die in any given week makes the show really intense.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 26, 2012, 11:17 AM »
This is more of a pet peeve than anything else - I just feel the need to rag on Andrea for a bit:  She is turning into a real dumb broad - I thought she was a lot stronger and more independent that than - a real disappointment there.  Also - she seemed to roll over pretty easily on the whole Mr. Coleman thing - I thought she would have at leaset balked or raised some misgivings.  Finally - what in the hell is up with that purse?  It has been bugging the living crap out of me that she is toting a purse around.  Now I know she probably doesn't have her Target shopping list and wallet in there - but an crossbody sachel would make a lot more sense for carrying a gun, ammo and a clean pair of thongs..........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 26, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Ugh, the "mid-season finale" is always a gut punch. Especially because this season has been so off-the-hook awesome. I have to think they are not going to wrap up the Battle of Woodbury next week, so I guess this will carryover the rest of the season.

Lots of interesting stuff from last night:

How does a crazy paranoid hermit even survive the zombie apocalype that long? Crazy people would be the first people to die it seems like, poor impulse control, etc.

Glenn/Walker mano a mano = freaking riveting! That whole scene was crazy good. That dude is officially a bad-ass. Not to mention taking that savage beating from Merle.

Scientist dude (also on The Good Wife in a recurring role) seems pretty clueless for having studied these things for so long. I'm glad they didn't decide to humanize the zombies though, I much prefer them as mindless killing machines as opposed to the gentle "pet" from Day of the Dead.

Interesting that Andrea gets so unnerved over that, but has no problems jumping over the wall to stick a walker in the eye in pretty much exactly the same manner the episode before. She's still all over the place, characterwise.

Agreed that the soundtrack was a little odd, I like stuff like that, but I kept thinking they were getting near that machine that was designed to attract the walkers.

I'm really relieved Maggie got a reprieve, I was hoping the writers would give her a break and not take that scene too far for the show. It was hard enough to watch as it was...ugh.

Almost equally distrubing was Merle's bayonet-stroking of Glenn earlier in the episode. It was impossible NOT to flash back to Michael Rooker's creepiest role ever as the homosexual rapist in Sea of Love trying to get all over Al Pacino. (And yes, it was even creepier than Henry the Serial Killer, IMO)

As much as you hate Merle, he's so compelling as a villain you almost want him to stick around a little longer. Not so much the Governor, whom I'd like to see them dispense with as quickly and painfully as possible.

Oh, and I loved Philip's sneaky remark about bringng in Glenn's hand. That was a nice nod to one of the storylines from the comic we will probably not see on the show.

Talking Dead had a great extended preview of next week's ep where Michonne is about to pull the bag off Penny's head...can't wait!!!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #652 on: November 26, 2012, 09:31 PM »
I really liked the episode but the hermit bothered me...

A) He's about a mile or less from Woodbury.  How has he gone unnoticed by THEM?  They seem to have a pretty good perimeter set up around the outskirts of the town itself...  limited walker activity and all, the wind chime trap thing (maybe multiples of them, if they're wise), and so forth.  So how did a survivor in a cabin get past them all this time?

B) How'd he survive?  I got the impression he was maybe living off a dead dog...  maybe...  but really how did he survive the whole time without getting eaten, even if he could avoid the town?  He's a little off kilter it seemed, and maybe not the best state of mind to make good decisions.

C) He didn't appear to have much in the way of gear besides his shot gun...  Again, how did he survive?

Maybe he was delusional from lack of food?  Maybe the dog was his pet and he was just laying there waiting to die?  Weird weird weird.

Couldn't agree with you more, Bill, on the redshirt feeling for Otis (I think that's his name, they've only mentioned it once or twice so I keep forgetting he and the little weasly guy's name).  He even ran slower and killed sloppier...  Dude's definitely NOT on the same page as the other 3 attempting to infiltrate Woodbury.  I like that he's clearly not as adept at this as they are, but at the same time it gives little hope to him to survive going against the living, much less the dead.

Also agree with you Tracy, on Andrea.  If Twitter's any indication I'd say we're in the vast majority with that opinion on her and the direction her character has gone, as she addressed it today saying there's payoff and she's good, blah blah blah.  We'll see.  She's not the writer and it's my understanding their scripts and future aren't really known much beyond the episode they're working on.

I'd love to see a map of the area to know where the major landmarks are...  From Atlanta outward, kind of like the Middle Earth map for LOTR/Hobbit, it'd be a nice point of reference to let you know where Woodbury is in conjunction to the farm, to the prison, to the military convoy, to the CDC, and so on.  It would be interesting to me anyway.  I like knowing where I'm at.

I'd also like to know, what is around the entire town of Woodbury, that keeps it safe?  There can't possibly be one small road into the town and the entire town is tall building upon building side-by-side and around in a U shape.  Kinda curious what the rest of the town looks like, how big it is, etc.  Curious how Rick & Co. are going to get in.

Darryl's presence is an interesting point of contention going forward...  he's built a definite family-type bond with the group, but now seeing true blood relatives in the opposing group is a huge bump in the road.  The preview hinted at it, but it's something I guess completely foreign to even the comic fans since Darryl's not in them from my understanding.  It'll be very interesting to see how that plays out.  Darryl could break some hearts coming up I think, haha.

I hate thinking about who's dead meat before the mid-season break...  I have my picks though.  Two in particular.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #653 on: November 26, 2012, 10:07 PM »
More thong.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #654 on: November 26, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Anyone else freeze frame that?  Little pervy on my part huh? *sigh*

This was probably the best T&A episode ever, have to admit that.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #655 on: November 27, 2012, 06:29 AM »
Feel free to post a JPG of that, by the way.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2012, 08:08 AM »
The gifs are apparently all over Google, though I haven't found any yet. :-X

Well the pieces are finally coming together on this season... much better episode than the past few, which were basically 35 minutes of slow, and 10 minutes of awesome. BUT I DIGRESS...

Am I the only one who hates Woodbury and all of its characters? I hate the Governor, but for all of the wrong reasons, and I wish they'd kill him off quickly just so I wouldn't have to sit through his boring segments. Same with the Scientist dude. I thought he was interesting at first, what with his appearing to be against Governor's plans, but he's kind of lost his luster. Michonne is only interesting when she's slicing dudes up, otherwise she's "generic angry young woman #859169813."

The Maggie rape... quite possibly the toughest segment to watch in the show's short history. Maggie's hot, but still...

I'm thinking Rick and Co are going to easily take Woodbury until they get to the core of the Governor and his bodyguards. Most of Woodbury appears to be kids and people who have probably never held a weapon. I mean, could you IMAGINE Olympics Bow Girl going up against Rick or Daryl?

Great episode of Talking Dead this week too, with CM Punk and some chick from the show Community. It was mainly awesome because you could tell that they ACTUALLY ARE FANS OF THE SHOW, bringing up stuff from past episodes and how they could relate to the present season. Good stuff, and the show would be much more tolerable if they had more guests like these.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2012, 09:56 AM »
I wanted to see boobies.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 27, 2012, 10:00 AM »
I wanted to see boobies.

I thought that was your signature.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 27, 2012, 01:27 PM »
So a scouting party is being sent to the prison. Wonder if Merle is part of it and when he leaves that is when Darryl sees his brother, and him and Rick have to have a heart to heart about loyalty. Would be a good time to hit Woodbury then. So that leaves Carl to defend the bunkhouse if the search party shows up. Does his twenty something teen crush know how to shoot? Andrea is hot (I thought that during her stint on the Shield)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:28 PM by Sybeck1 »