Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557926 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2070 on: December 14, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Don't they show the car from a distance followed by a muffled gunshot?  I don't see any way she's still alive and/or helping, or who else would have been shot. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 14, 2016, 02:46 PM »
Oh yeah.  I forgot about that. That was kind of dumb that we heard a silenced pistol, through closed windows, at a half mile out.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 20, 2017, 06:21 AM »
Anybody back in on the second half of the season?

Last night was pretty decent, but it looks like this half of the season will be a total build up and the war might begin at the end of the season.

Also, anybody think we might see an infection and a handless Rick soon?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 20, 2017, 06:47 AM »
I'm still in. Always will be. These two episodes have been fine. But yeah I think we will see the build up to the war, maybe the start of it and then wait until season 7 for the actual war.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2074 on: February 20, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Last night was pretty dreadful.  So we're 2 or 3 years out from the outbreak, and the trash people have forgotten how to speak proper English?  And have begun dressing like weirdos despite mountains of suitable clothing all around them?  And walk around like silent drones? 

Did the toxins in the dump cause widespread brain damage?

That was literally just about the stupidest segment I've seen in the series.

Sure, spike zombie was pretty awesome.  And there were some nice moments with Ezekiel and then between Daryl and Carol.  But pretty mush all of that good will got flushed by the mute trash cult.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 20, 2017, 12:04 PM »
My wife and I chuckled at the Trash People too - very Mad Max like while all the other groups are living fairly normal lives.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 20, 2017, 12:13 PM »
I couldn't decide if I thought the trash people were too over the top or if I buy anything can happen to people in this environment.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 20, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Yeah, that was some over the top Beyond Thunderdome crap right there. We need a catchy name for those weirdos. Refuseniks? Children of the Junk?

I don't think I got about half of what she was saying either. Not sure how Rick would consider them trustworthy co-fighters. Let's give the bunch of culty nut bars lots of weapons and hope for the best!

"Winston" was awesome and looked like something straight out of LOTR.

Will Tara give up the beach people?

And what about Heath!?  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 20, 2017, 09:52 PM »
I'd comment but I don't post here anymore.  :-X However, know that IMDB has shut down their boards 4-ever...I guess I'll chime in.

The autistic junkions were odd and the shots of Rick in front of the vast CGI junkyard were so bad... :D

Is it me or are women with bangs like that always odd? Even the actress seems a tad strange.

Too lazy to get the boat stuff themselves, but not too lazy to demand food by threatening Father Gabriel? What?  ???

Winston...lose-ston. Why would anyone go that much trouble to outfit a walker?

Daryl and the tiger...IT'S AN ANIMAL THANG!

Morgan lost his wood.  :P

Most poignant scene: "My sister had a dress like that."  :'(

Previous episode. I can't understand the saviors wasting RPG rockets for a walker trap. No one's making any more anti-tank ammo, probably not even Eugene

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2079 on: February 20, 2017, 10:16 PM »
Last night was pretty dreadful.  So we're 2 or 3 years out from the outbreak, and the trash people have forgotten how to speak proper English?  And have begun dressing like weirdos despite mountains of suitable clothing all around them?  And walk around like silent drones? 

I just figured they were all the emo kids at Starbucks staring at their phones until they lost all wifi.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 21, 2017, 09:48 AM »
I did not understand the Scavengers group at all.  People living in trash piles was a neat concept, and that spike zombie trap was pretty cool, even if Rick was able to defeat it by throwing pillows on him.  But the weird talking and behavior was definitely over the top.  It was like they were a hive mind or something.  What was with that scene where they all walk out in different directions for a while then magically form a circle around Rick and company?  I thought they were going to bust into a flash mob performance.  Their policy of not interfering, but interfering was super confusing as well.  I hope there's a better explanation coming for these weirdos.  I may have to watch this week's episode again as I'm sure I missed a few things.  Nice to see Carol and Daryl reunite, but I didn't like him lying to her about everyone being okay.  I get it, but seems out of character for him.  They need all the fighters they can get - seems really odd to not recruit Carol back into the fold, though I don't really get her "retirement" either.  I will watch this show to the bitter end no matter what, but they need to do a better job of clarifying people's motivations going forward.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 21, 2017, 10:19 AM »
I haven't read the comics to know if the Trash People are part of the official story or not, but I just assumed from a TV perspective that they're cannon fodder for the coming war against The Saviors. 

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 21, 2017, 12:11 PM »
My guess is that Neagan will get Carol and Darryl will be the one that ultimately takes out Neagan.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 21, 2017, 12:13 PM »
My guess is that Neagan will get Carol and Darryl will be the one that ultimately takes out Neagan.

Rick already told Neagan that he was going to kill him, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't Rick.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 21, 2017, 03:08 PM »
I haven't seen an episode this half season and I'm not sure if I will. The show is quickly entering "binge watch" territory for me
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks